Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 498 499 [500] 501 502 ... 511

Author Topic: Transfers and Rumours (2017-2018)  (Read 186451 times)

edo_shehb

• Maestrelli son's
Re: Transfers and Rumours (2017-2018)
« Reply #4990 on: June 14, 2018, 07:44:08 PM »

He wants to leave so we should cooperate

35 M +20% of future sales is a good deal imo

agreed, if he want to leave then this a pretty much good deal for us

but if he want to stay, please make him sign an extension first, we cant afford the drama every january comes  :um_face:

circleplus

• Aquilotto
« Reply #4991 on: June 14, 2018, 08:07:55 PM »

After failing to get the CL chance, it seems we start losing our stars.
Despite the money we will get from the transfer, I doubt Lotito will really use it to reinforce the team.
Really sick of seeing buying unwanted and old players to gamble for the next season without making a steady real improvement in the quality of the whole team. Just keep letting the fans down.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #4992 on: June 14, 2018, 08:37:53 PM »

While the media and many supporters were focusing on SMS being elsewhere next season, I've always felt all signals from the club pointed to Anderson being the one they intended to sell.

The fact Anderson is the only valuable player that doesn't have a long-term contract - and he can't get along with the manager - makes his sale a no-brainer in my opinion.

I'd question whether taking 30 million in mid-June is great business. But it's business, in my opinion, we had to do. Don't see what choice we had.

I second this.  We'll continue with 352 and Felipe is somewhat of an outsider in that formation.  Alberto will be the starter again next season normally and a player like Felipe needs to always be on. 

30mill from a PL team is not much considering what they throw around there but this also proves no higher bids come in for Felipe.  Losing another for free would be nuts, so no risks can't be taken without a renewal.

Social media already going nuts against Lotito again but imo he's got no choice.  Things would be much worse if he leaves for free next year cause i have a feeling he refused to sign a new deal.

If it's 30mill or a player causing issues on the bench next season i'll take the money.

Ghost of Felipe Anderson

• Aquilotto
« Reply #4993 on: June 14, 2018, 10:37:18 PM »

Our 352 can work really well if we add the right players into the mix. If you think we are unstable in defense with 352, switching to a 4 man defense with even more space between defenders would end in a disaster. We don't even have 1 commanding central defender right now who could play well in a 4 man defense. Radu, Luis Felipe and Caceres, if he stays, are much better suited for 3 man defense, hence in 4 man defense they are probably better suited for fullback than central defender. Bastos and Wallace are hopeless anyway. If we switch to 4 man defense we need 2 new central defenders. If we stay with 352, we just need to replace De Vrij. Anyway, I'd bring in 2 players for this position since it's so crucial.

The most important positions in any 352 are the wingbacks. Considering what we've been fielding at this position, it's a miracle we finished 5th. The Danish-Albanian left wingback from Betis, who is apparently joining us for 7m, would be such a massive upgrade over Lulic and Lukaku. Marusic can still grow and has the physical skills to excel at wingback, but obviously we need some real competition for him.

In midfield we must find a heir to Parolo, who has already shown signs of slowing down before getting injured. Can't rely on him playing 40+ games anymore. We need a younger player with similar workrate and more speed at this position. Murgia is very skilled technically but is neither a fit for the Leiva nor the Parolo position.

Apparently Wesley from Brugge is replacing Caicedo or adding striker competition. Like Parolo, we can't rely on Immobile playing 40+ games, and much less we can expect him to score 50 goals next year. Wesley is a big dude with 193 and 90 kg, but like most Brazilians he is fairly skilled for his size. Not a manic goal scorer, but I've seen 2 Brugge playoff games on TV where he was too much to handle for the defense and held the ball up really well for his teammates.

Also we are in need of an impact sub now since FA is gone. Really liked how FA changed games as a sub for us, but obviously he wanted to play regular football and a huge payday. Quite a few interesting names thrown around in the media, hopefully we can fill FA's shoes.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #4994 on: June 14, 2018, 10:42:04 PM »

Not really big news but it seems SPAL is trying to secure a new rightwinger.  A certain Dickmann (no kidding  :roll_eyes:).
This could be a reaction from them knowing Lazzari is about to leave.
He's only been linked to Lazio so far ...

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #4995 on: June 14, 2018, 10:46:14 PM »

Dickie  :razz:

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #4996 on: June 15, 2018, 01:05:18 AM »

I'll be completely honest here, out of all the players we've been linked with this summer it was only a few namea that made me really hyped.

We made so much fuc king money during last summer's mercato and we made a good amount of money from getting to the quarter finals in the EL. I saw an article about our revenue in 17/18 being over 100 mill euros higher than last year.

Lotito has to open his wallet this summer and sign some quality players that can keep the momentum going.  Acerbi, Laxalt, Jankto and Freuler..interesting players, proven in Serie A..these guys can help us. I want Lotito to buy players like them who we know can come in and lift the team..instead of signing more obscure players from the French or Belgian league. For example I'm so worried about Lotito wasting money on a clueless defender like Diego Carlos..

Despite the fact we got hit hard with injuries at the end of last season, I would say we were insanely lucky avoiding injuries for most parts of the season. This is not something the club can repeat again this year.

Last summer Lotito pulled the handbrake by selling Keita, Biglia and Hoedt..without making significant investments in the squad. We ended up 5th in the league which by all means is good, but we lost out on CL because of 3 of our starters being out at the end of the season and their backups was not up to the task.

Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #4997 on: June 15, 2018, 09:08:08 AM »

We made so much fuc king money during last summer's mercato and we made a good amount of money from getting to the quarter finals in the EL. I saw an article about our revenue in 17/18 being over 100 mill euros higher than last year.

I didn't read this, but it's 100 million euros higher largely because of player sales and a lack of re-investment.

This is a key sentence I wish every Lazio fan would etch into their minds as it would be for the good of their own health:

Lazio have never been richer as a club, but in my lifetime at least, we have never been poorer in relation to the big clubs in Europe.

So yeah, we've got money, and yeah, we're Lazio, and yeah, we play in Europe, and yeah, Rome is nice, and yeah, Serie A isn't all bad.

But we can't attract the players. We don't make enough money to pay well compared to other clubs. Battling relegation in England is now a step up on playing for Lazio. This is the reality.

And qualifying for Champions League, honestly, wouldn't have changed that much. If we want to sign players like Cristante, Acerbi, Laxalt, Freuler etc., we need to be qualifying for the Champions League year in, year out.

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #4998 on: June 15, 2018, 09:36:38 AM »

I don't see a point in selling Felipe if we are also gonna sell SMS. I mean 30-35 mil is nice money, but if you look at the prices around us, it's giving away a world class midfielder for cheap. Felipe had some bad luck with his injury, but came back and proved that he can play alongside Luis Alberto, SMS and Immobile which is great in my opinion. He is versatile - left, right wing, attacker, etc. Even if he is not very consistent - even when he plays bad, he is still pretty damn good. So I really don't get why we sell him unless Inzaghi has personal problems with him.

For the rest - I agree with Cathal. Even if we would have 200 mil to spend, I don't think that we can get better than Acerbi, Laxalt, Lazzari, Freuler, Wesley - that's if can get even those.

blue-white

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #4999 on: June 15, 2018, 09:40:11 AM »

I agree with Cristante. Acerbi, Laxalt or Freuler are for sure available for us. All 3 would not get a higher salary at an italian club which plays more often CL, because they would be subs there. Not one of them would get more than 2,5 mill if they would play for Inter or Napoli.

btw.... I'm more excited about Durmisi than Laxalt. Acerbi is decent, but I'm not sure if he would be that good center of a defense. Would prefer to invest in a second strong CB too.

Freuler would be a massive signing. He is a bit in the shadow of Cristante or Ilicic at Atalanta, so his price his not that high. For me a player who would be important for us - especially because Parolo doesn't get younger. And if Lulic moves more in the middle, we need some young stronger players there.

We have to wait until Serbia ends the WC to know more about SMS. Same goes for Switzerland about Freuler.

About Strakosha and Leverkusen - bullshit rumor like many other rumors too.

In my opinion, we don't need a new player on the FA position, or let's say - someone like Pupu Gomez will not join us to sit on the bench.

The duo upfront will be LA and Ciro. That's fact. And we will not change our system. We scored the most goals in the league - why should we change the system and tactic??!!

We have to wait what happens with SMS, but nethertheless we need to act on LB, RB, 2x CB. That's it.

Team should loook like this in my opinion:
3-5-2

Strakosha

NEW/Luiz Felipe - NEW - Radu

NEW/Marusic - Parolo/NEW - Leiva - SMS - Lulic/Durmisi(NEW)

Alberto

Immobile 

2x CB and a challenger vs. Marusic. Lainer of Red Bull would be my favourite signing. Perfect in a 3-5-2, powerful, good passing, working horse. Unfortunately it seems he chose Napoli to be Hysaj's sub.... :whistle:
Pages: 1 ... 498 499 [500] 501 502 ... 511