Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: 2017/18 Europa League  (Read 5194 times)

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
Re: 2017/18 Europa League
« Reply #130 on: December 16, 2017, 08:53:54 PM »

It all depends how high club will rate EL from February onward. If they want to try it seriously - as was in Petkovic's first season - don't see why we can't go at least on semis. Probably not first favorite, but surely in top 5.

Think so to, top 5.

If it would only be EL and always with first squad i'd surely say big candidates for the final.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #131 on: February 01, 2018, 09:43:02 PM »

Ajdusted EL list for Lazio :

Portieri (2)

- Strakosha, Guerrieri

Difensori (10)

- Basta, Bastos, Caceres, de Vrij, Lukaku, Marusic, Patric, Radu, Ramos, Wallace

Centrocampisti (8)

- Crecco, Di Gennaro, Leiva, Lulic, Luis Alberto, Milinkovic, Murgia, Parolo

Attaccanti (4)

- Caicedo, Felipe Anderson, Immobile, Nani

A questi calciatori si aggiungo quelli inseriti in lista B: Armini, Cirillo, Miceli, Petricca, Rezzi e Spurio.

-----------------------

Vargic out, Caceres in

• Aquilotto
« Reply #132 on: February 01, 2018, 10:18:16 PM »

In my opinion Lazio and Napoli are favorites for winning of the competition (if both teams take seriously the tournament). Steaua are weak opponent at the moment. I believe Lazio will knock them out relatively easy. I hope Inzaghi will try to win LE, the positives of winning the cup are a lot - european cup - prestige,trophy (the most important stuff in every competition), money,  CL place (i believe the team will assure it by serie A standing, but ...who knows), positive reputation :)  :stendvl:

Hadi Van Der Vaart

• LF Legend
« Reply #133 on: February 02, 2018, 12:51:52 AM »

We kick Vargic out from the squad, but in those two last pointless group games, we didnt give Guido experience with the first team. :bravo:
Players come and go, but my Lazio is still eternal.
FORZA LAZIO!!!

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #134 on: February 02, 2018, 01:54:24 AM »

We kick Vargic out from the squad, but in those two last pointless group games, we didnt give Guido experience with the first team. :bravo:

Yes it's a strange situation, but i'm guessing this wasn't really planned out.
Because of having a midfielder short they decided to kick out Vargic and taking the gamble on Strakosha being able to play every game the entire season.

They are gambling on central midfield and goalkeepers.  Hopefully it all goes well.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #135 on: February 02, 2018, 10:13:47 AM »

Yes it's a strange situation, but i'm guessing this wasn't really planned out.

From what I gather, Lazio promoted Guerrieri to second goalkeeper after the winter break, and were looking to send Vargic elsewhere in January, but didn't succeed.

As Guerrieri qualifies as a homegrown player, removing him from the squad would've made no difference as Caceres isn't homegrown and couldn't replace him. So the player we took out had to be trained in a foreign country.

There's a rule that if Strakosha and Guerrieri suffer long-term injuries - more than 30 days recovery time - Vargic can be added to the squad immediately.

So it's less of a risk than it seems at first glance, and while LLSN made out yesterday that it was something of a last minute decision, if what was said to me is correct, sounds like we made a decision to change things up in the goalkeeping department at the beginning of the transfer window.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #136 on: February 15, 2018, 11:32:50 PM »

Well we are still in the tournament.  :roll_eyes:
Atalanta has a tougher task but is surely capable of still qualifying as they also play at home next.
Napoli is in big trouble, having to play the second leg in Leipzig.
Milan is already trough obviously.

Delta

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #137 on: February 15, 2018, 11:46:33 PM »

Napoli wants scudetto, probably wise strategy to forget about EL.

blue_sky

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #138 on: February 16, 2018, 12:49:35 AM »

Napoli want Scudetto but lost to Leipzig, isn't that revealing the true of declining Seri A ? Shame also with Juve.
All I appreciated is only Atlanta

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #139 on: February 16, 2018, 03:37:15 AM »

Napoli want Scudetto but lost to Leipzig, isn't that revealing the true of declining Seri A ? Shame also with Juve.
All I appreciated is only Atlanta

Leipzig plays the type of football that can destroy Napoli. Leipzig played with their strongest team and Napoli didn't. This isn't proof of Serie A declining or being weaker than shitty Bundesliga, this just means that Napoli don't care about EL.

Really why would they go for EL, Scudetto is much more important.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 03:40:49 AM by lazioserbia »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16