Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14

Author Topic: 2017/18 Europa League  (Read 3986 times)

drazvan

• LF Legend
Re: 2017/18 Europa League
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2017, 04:27:11 PM »

Vitesse is definitly for real, they beat Ajax in Amsterdam this weekend.
Okay our defence was awfull in the EL but this makes us look less bad.  :twinkle:

Yeah, Rashica is a really good prospect. Would be nice to have him in our team.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2017, 06:00:23 PM »

Vitesse is definitly for real, they beat Ajax in Amsterdam this weekend.
Okay our defence was awfull in the EL but this makes us look less bad.  :twinkle:

Yeah, Rashica is a really good prospect. Would be nice to have him in our team.

Yeah i said Vitesse but it was again that Rashica that made the diff.
Wouldn't hurt to own such a prospect.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2017, 11:19:11 PM »

Our former 'nightmare' Ludogorets beat Hoffenheim.

Josip Elez nearly takes a point with Reijka at San Siro, and scores a penalty.

Everton shines again, giving a point at home to Limassol ... :roll_eyes: 

And another impressive performance from Atalanta, drawing in Lyon.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2017, 11:09:18 PM »

Best to win the groupstage, altough i really don't have any doubt.
Cause otherwise Atletico, Napoli or even Dortmund might be waiting in the 2nd round it seems.
Altough the way they play now Atletico and Dortmund are doable for a good Lazio.
A lot of big clubs are looking set to leave the CL after the groupstage.
We might even endup meeting Keita's Monaco later on in the 1/8 finals if we survive the 2nd round of course.

Last season the EL was extremely weak the whole tournament, but this year it won't be.

As interesting our team this season is the difficult it will be to win something.
Bad timing ... 

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2017, 05:08:20 PM »

I think we will meet a few big teams anyway if we are serious about EL...Napoli, Atletico, Monaco, Borussia might wait for us on the way. Not to mention Lyon, Arsenal, Marseille, Zenit...in principle we can win against any of them but when on a bad day we can lose against Ludogorets or FCSB...So in truth, it does not really matter all that much.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2017, 05:16:01 PM »

I think we will meet a few big teams anyway if we are serious about EL...Napoli, Atletico, Monaco, Borussia might wait for us on the way. Not to mention Lyon, Arsenal, Marseille, Zenit...in principle we can win against any of them but when on a bad day we can lose against Ludogorets or FCSB...So in truth, it does not really matter all that much.

Yes that's certainly true.  Main thing is to win the grouostage and avoid a CL team the next round.  Later on it doesn't matter, weither it's the QF or the Final 'big' teams will have to be beaten.

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2017, 05:35:05 PM »

"In the draw for the round of 32, the twelve group winners and the four third-placed teams from the Champions League group stage with the better group records are seeded, and the twelve group runners-up and the other four third-placed teams from the Champions League group stage are unseeded. The seeded teams are drawn against the unseeded teams, with the seeded teams hosting the second leg. Teams from the same group or the same association cannot be drawn against each other."

So we're not guaranteed to avoid a CL regardless of whether we finish top or 2nd.
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2017, 07:08:02 PM »

"In the draw for the round of 32, the twelve group winners and the four third-placed teams from the Champions League group stage with the better group records are seeded, and the twelve group runners-up and the other four third-placed teams from the Champions League group stage are unseeded. The seeded teams are drawn against the unseeded teams, with the seeded teams hosting the second leg. Teams from the same group or the same association cannot be drawn against each other."

So we're not guaranteed to avoid a CL regardless of whether we finish top or 2nd.

That rings a bell from the past, totally forgot about that.  Nice info Ilsempre, thanks.
So in other words it's possible we'll face 1 of the 4 least good performing teams that exit the CL even if we win the group.

Ljubo1

• Aquilotto
« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2017, 07:30:58 PM »

I don't care. We fear noone. Bring them on.  :band04:

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #69 on: November 02, 2017, 07:43:20 PM »

I don't care. We fear noone. Bring them on.  :band04:

Me neither when using the formation and thesame mentality we had at Juve twice this season but it's the matter of being able to keep up with the busy schedule.  We can't deliver those kind of performances every week.  At some point either the EL or the Serie will have to get some priority.  But it's something that doesn't have to be decided yet.  It depends on lot's of aspects wich will only become more clear in the coming months.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14