Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Who should be the new captain 17/18 edition  (Read 2000 times)

Stefano6

• LF Legend
Re: Who should be the new captain 17/18 edition
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2017, 08:30:28 PM »

Thats all anyone can ever say whenever someone says anything negative about Savic.
"Ah but he scored in the derby" So what.
There are 36 league games in a season that are not against Roma. It takes more than scoring in a derby to make a player.

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2017, 09:00:33 PM »

Thats all anyone can ever say whenever someone says anything negative about Savic.
There are 36 league games in a season that are not against Roma. It takes more than scoring in a derby to make a player.

Maybe you forgot but he had a good season. The Derby goals are not the only good thing about him, you're being unrealistic. Before he scored the first Coppa goal that led us to victory we haven't won a Derby since 2013.

You don't like the kid, that's OK, we get it. But the fact is that he had an instant impact since becoming a starter. His price wouldn't be 5 times higher than what it was when he came here if his performances were that bad as you make it out...feels like you're trolling  :ohnoo:
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 09:05:48 PM by lazioserbia »

ArmLaziale

• LF Legend
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2017, 09:02:02 PM »

Should be one of Lulic, Radu Parolo. Might be unfair to the former ones, but my vote goes to Parolo, I think he has leadership qualities which Radu and Lulic lack.

javier erfi lopez

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2017, 09:06:49 PM »

Should be one of Lulic, Radu Parolo. Might be unfair to the former ones, but my vote goes to Parolo, I think he has leadership qualities which Radu and Lulic lack.

And more consistency. I'd like to go with Radu bc he has the personality and he is a veteran, but bc I think we won't see him much this season in the field. I go with Parolo. + Parolo is Italian and plays for the national team which gives him more acceptability, and better communication with others including referees.
Semper Persian Gulf

Stefano6

• LF Legend
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2017, 09:14:29 PM »

Maybe you forgot but he had a good season. The Derby goals are not the only good thing about him, you're being unrealistic. Before he scored the first Coppa goal that led us to victory we haven't won a Derby since 2013.

You don't like the kid, that's OK, we get it. But the fact is that he had an instant impact since becoming a starter. His price wouldn't be 5 times higher than what it was when he came here if his performances were that bad as you make it out...feels like you're trolling  :ohnoo:

And youre putting too much weight into a couple of goals.

I never said he was a bad player. Hes not, at all. I dont like him, sure, but im not stupid.
I said he cannot perform consistently, and if you argue otherwise well, youre obviously not watching the games.

Also his age is not the issue in this arguement. Young players can and have made good captains in the past (Gerrard for example) but I would be against giving him the armband because he doesnt have the experience or leadership qualities to make a good captain at this stage in his career, and in my opinion a captain should lead from the front and that includes giving 100% in every game, which a blind man can see he does not.
In fact that very thing was topic of discussion later in the season when many on here - even his fans - admitted that he clearly had switched off.

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2017, 09:31:36 PM »

Also his age is not the issue in this arguement. Young players can and have made good captains in the past (Gerrard for example) but I would be against giving him the armband because he doesnt have the experience or leadership qualities to make a good captain at this stage in his career, and in my opinion a captain should lead from the front and that includes giving 100% in every game, which a blind man can see he does not.
In fact that very thing was topic of discussion later in the season when many on here - even his fans - admitted that he clearly had switched off.

I don't think he switched off, I think his body couldn't handle the whole season. Besides Parolo and maybe a few others he ran the most distances in the first part of the season.

And in some games, like against Sampdoria, he wasn't giving his all, I agree, but he didn't have to since we scored 5 goals in the first half. You haven't said that he is a bad player but he did much more than scoring two goals in the Derby.

Hadi Van Der Vaart

• LF Legend
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2017, 01:57:40 AM »

If Wallace is in this poll, then Anderson should be in it too since he is "senior" here already. :supsmile:
I actually expect to see de Vrij as captain for the future, but he needs to show his commitment to the club, if not we only get another Biglia.
The obvious choice is Parolo, Radu or Lulic. Radu was mostly bench warmer last season, I think it wont be different in the future. It's between Parolo or Lulic n I vote for Parolo because I like his personality. I have impression that the guy is a careless person n my experience told me that careless people actually is the greatest one when they have bigger responsibility.
Players come and go, but my Lazio is still eternal.
A ROMA LA LAZIO C'E SOLO LA LAZIO!!! FORZA LAZIO!!!

chandraicang

• Aquilotto
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2017, 05:19:27 AM »

I blame dinhocaster for all the hatred towards sergej  :razz:  :fingerup:
To cover a football pitch there is no better formation than a 4-3-3

dinhochester

• LF Legend
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2017, 06:24:53 AM »

Sergej, arguably the best player in the team, guaranteed starter, never complain, never make any trouble, always play with grinta, committed to the club.
What more to ask?

Caput Mundi

• LF Legend
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2017, 06:46:20 AM »

I voted Lulić but would not be at all put out if it were Parolo or Radu. The players will decide at the end of the day. The best of the rest would be Ciro, for me.
La Lazio la nostra. Guai a chi la tocca.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7