Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Who should be the new captain 17/18 edition  (Read 2169 times)

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
Re: Who should be the new captain 17/18 edition
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2017, 05:10:44 PM »

It is funny that Leonardo Bonucci and John Terry go straight become captain in their new club.
And here we are arguing about senior players should become the captain.
Are AC Milan and Aston Villa disrespect their senior players or they have other reasoning behind selecting their captain?

Well, the only one more senior then Bonucci in Milan's new starting 11 will probably Donnaruma, as the rest will probably be all new players.  I wouldn't expect Donnaruma who was half way out the door to become captain and even then one could not neglect a leading player like Bonucci.

Same for Terry, who will probably lead the squad.

I have different opinions. Milan has Bonaventura.
Villa also have many senior player.

Who might be on the bench?  Incorrectly, but i could very well be so.

Concerning Terry, that's a curtiousy thing from Villa towards him, logically.

blue_sky

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2017, 06:46:44 AM »

It is funny that Leonardo Bonucci and John Terry go straight become captain in their new club.
And here we are arguing about senior players should become the captain.
Are AC Milan and Aston Villa disrespect their senior players or they have other reasoning behind selecting their captain?

Well, the only one more senior then Bonucci in Milan's new starting 11 will probably Donnaruma, as the rest will probably be all new players.  I wouldn't expect Donnaruma who was half way out the door to become captain and even then one could not neglect a leading player like Bonucci.

Same for Terry, who will probably lead the squad.

I have different opinions. Milan has Bonaventura.
Villa also have many senior player.

Who might be on the bench?  Incorrectly, but i could very well be so.

Concerning Terry, that's a curtiousy thing from Villa towards him, logically.

I should say a new player. but it less than 90% Bonaventura is in bench.
About Terry, I am thinking vise versa. Terry is most respected in England NT and most player, very successful. why wouldn't he to be captain?

Ed

• LF Legend
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2017, 10:40:39 AM »

As soon as Terry signed for Villa he was always going to be captain. James Chester wasn't actually the club captain last season, that was Tommy Elphick, but once Steve Bruce arrived he was the obvious choice as team captain because Elphick often didn't even make the bench. Chester was the best and most experienced defender and undoubtedly would have been club captain if Terry had not been signed. I think all the players accept that for someone like Terry to drop down to the a Championship is quite a unique situation and would agree that he is right to be the official leader. Like him or loath him, Terry is a captain and a leader and I can only see his attitude as a player being good for the (recently often spineless) team. With him, Chester and Jedinak then at least there is a spine of leadership.

In terms of Lazio then I can't see past it being one of the obvious three of Radu, Lulic or Parolo. It remains to be seen whether Radu will be a regular this season and that would put a question mark over his suitability.
MAKI "I would like to say hello to you guys and I appreciate all you've been doing to me and I promise wherever I go I will always be available for you guys! Thanks, cheers!"

@Stevemakoz "Partita dominata alla grande. Complimenti ragazzi. Forza Lazio"

Alvares

• Aquilotto
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2017, 03:07:44 PM »

Voted Radu cause of his seniority. Lulic seems the obvios choice, but sometimes he's beeing provoked and he's quick tempered, thats not good for captain.

Why Felipe is not in a list?  Becoming a wice captain can motivate him.

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2017, 03:20:53 PM »

Voted Radu cause of his seniority. Lulic seems the obvios choice, but sometimes he's beeing provoked and he's quick tempered, thats not good for captain.

Why Felipe is not in a list?  Becoming a wice captain can motivate him.

Because Felipe has no leadership qualities...

Lazio Forever

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2017, 04:51:19 PM »

Exactly!
Sometimes he has troubles leading himself on the field  :supsmile:

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2017, 05:03:16 PM »

Am I the only person who wouldn't fall off his chair if the new captain turned out to be... Lucas Leiva?

I'm expecting it to be Lulic because the most I've ever seen him speak was in the last few days regarding Biglia and Leiva and I interpreted that as him stepping up to the plate, but if we're going on pure leadership qualities, I think the moment Leiva arrives, he's the obvious choice if you were to eliminate all other factors from the equation entirely.

And I don't think it's beyond Lazio to do that, I just think they might make less of a fuss of the captaincy this time around. Still, I won't rule it out.

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2017, 05:17:20 PM »

Am I the only person who wouldn't fall off his chair if the new captain turned out to be... Lucas Leiva?

I'm expecting it to be Lulic because the most I've ever seen him speak was in the last few days regarding Biglia and Leiva and I interpreted that as him stepping up to the plate, but if we're going on pure leadership qualities, I think the moment Leiva arrives, he's the obvious choice if you were to eliminate all other factors from the equation entirely.

And I don't think it's beyond Lazio to do that, I just think they might make less of a fuss of the captaincy this time around. Still, I won't rule it out.

Exactly what I've been thinking about today. But I think he will be vice captain, not the captain.

Since Radu is probably out of the competition, Lulic being the favourite the only dilemma for me would be about Parolo, because I see no one else going for the vice captain spot. Unless Leiva steps in...

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2017, 05:31:11 AM »

I dont think that Leiva will be wice captain or captain.
 Lulic-Parolo will :fight" for armbrand.....and Radu will be wise captain (he played together with Simone and Simone still counts on him-especially in 352).

BelgioSSL

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2017, 10:01:56 AM »

The question is: will Lulic be a regular?

I know that he will always be a fan favourite, and rightfully so, but I think he hasn't been reaching his best level for quite some time now. Maybe he's getting a bit long in the teeth.

Parolo sounds like a better choice. Italian international, regular and at the height of his capacities.

Favourite Laziali: S. Inzaghi, O. Dabo, S. Mauri.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7