Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Fantasy Premier League 2017-18  (Read 1137 times)

Ed

• LF Legend
Fantasy Premier League 2017-18
« on: July 18, 2017, 06:12:46 PM »

It's back! It is time to start picking your fantasy teams for the 2017-18 Premier League. I hope all those who entered last season will want to compete again and, of course, anyone else who wants to join is most welcome. I'd encourage you to enter at:

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

If you played before then you will be recognised once you enter your email and password, if you are new to the game then regestration is easy. Once you have got your initial team sorted (don't worry if you want to change it afterwards, free transfers run until 18:45 GMT on the first day of the season - 11th August) then use the following code to enter the LazioLand League:

Code to enter LazioLand league: 674124-160879

I'll just highlight the one main difference in this years game and recap the basics for any new enterants:

> 'Chips': Ignore the silly name and think of them as new Wildcards, the original of which has now become a 'chip' too. Essentially you have three one-off bonus scoring options available.

NOTE - There is one change to the 'chips' this time with the new 'Free Hit' replacing the 'All Out Attack':

Free Hit - Make unlimited free transfers for a single Gameweek. At the next deadline your squad is returned to how it was at the start of the Gameweek.

I'm not quite sure about this one, it seems that if you are doing really badly but have already used your wildcard then you can bring in all the form players for one week only before your team returns to it's original and more useless state! Alternatively, I suppose you could use it to bring in several players from teams with easier games if you fear missing out without them.

The other two chips remain the same:

Bench Boost - The points scored by your bench players in the next Gameweek are included in your total.
Triple Captain - Your captain points are tripled instead of doubled in the next Gameweek.

Only one 'chip' can be used per gameweek. I assume that these have been added for a bit more jeopardy to give some tactical advantages and try to split teams that become all too similar after a while. Make sure you check the full rules page.

> Wildcards have become 'Chips'. There are still two Wildcards available where you can make as many transfers as you like in that game week. There is one available from the start of the season until the 30th of December 14:00GMT, and one from then until the end of the season.

Other than that, here are some points to consider for any new players:

> 15 players in a squad, initial value 100mil.

> Choose 2 Goalkeepers, 5 Defenders, 5 Midfielders, 3 Forwards - Maximum 3 from any PL team.

> 11 players in starting line up score each game week.

> If a player doesn't play then one of your substitutes will automatically score in his place.

> Nominate a Captain and a Vice-Captain each week (can be any player in your starting 11). Your Captain scores double, unless he doesn't play in which case the Vice-Captain will score double.

> You are free to swap players between your starting 11 and substitutes before a game week starts in order to have in-form players playing, or to account for injuries.

> You may make 1 free transfer each week, any more will cost you 4 points each.

> If you don't use your free transfer it will roll over to give you 2 free the next game week (but further unused transfers don't roll over ie. 2 is the maximum you can make free any week).

> Remember to save your team once you have made ANY changes to it, for example moving players from the bench or changing captains. The save button is below the pitch image and the 'chips' buttons.

Please have a look at the full rules if you need to: https://fantasy.premierleague.com/help/

With Kevin's record margin of victory last season it goes without saying that he is the man to beat but hopefully we will also have all the strong regulars to try to catch. Good luck, we'll certainly need it!

Roll Of Honour:

2016-17 Kevin (Kevlar)
2015-16 Rickard (Rizmo)
2014-15 Eivind (LofL)
2013-14 Eivind (LofL)
2012-13 Eivind (LofL)
2011-12 Eivind (LofL)
2010-11 Eivind (LofL)
2009-10 Xterer (piojo77)
MAKI "I would like to say hello to you guys and I appreciate all you've been doing to me and I promise wherever I go I will always be available for you guys! Thanks, cheers!"

@Stevemakoz "Partita dominata alla grande. Complimenti ragazzi. Forza Lazio"

Cathal

Re: Fantasy Premier League 2017-18
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 11:41:41 AM »

Ed would probably point this out so I apologise if I'm stepping on his toes, but the deadline to get teams in is early Friday evening.

We've got 18 teams in so far and I think we should be able to get double that. Where is everybody? Football is back, folks  :razz:

gibson_lp2

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 12:13:12 PM »

Ok I joined for the first time. Good luck everyone I hope you all come 2nd.

Ed

• LF Legend
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 12:26:44 PM »

Ed would probably point this out so I apologise if I'm stepping on his toes, but the deadline to get teams in is early Friday evening.

:bravo: Not at all, thanks for doing so, I was just thinking of a reminder! To confirm, 18:45GMT on Friday is the deadline to enter, or alter, your teams to begin scoring in the first week.

We had 36 teams last season so 19 (nice to see gibson now in too!) is a bit disappointing. At the very least I would hope that almost all of those who played last time would be involved again. However, I know sometimes these fantasy games can get a bit much to keep interested in for the whole season, especially if, like me, you try to juggle numorous different teams over multiple games.

MAKI "I would like to say hello to you guys and I appreciate all you've been doing to me and I promise wherever I go I will always be available for you guys! Thanks, cheers!"

Cathal

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 08:45:48 PM »

I reckon the key to getting a good start is finding the striker between 6.5 and 8.5 million that scores for fun for the first few weeks. Be really surprised if anyone has a team and doesn't have a striker in that price range in it - I've spent the last two weeks trying to decide which two out of about 10 of those.

Ed

• LF Legend
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2017, 09:38:49 PM »

Time to be surprised then :twinkle: A few weeks ago I thought I had one of those decent cheaper strikers along with a good midfield and one the 'obvious' most picked and well priced defenders. That all changed with a combination of injury and transfer uncertainty and so at the moment my team is the most unbalanced I have ever selected. It is rare to be going into the start of the season with so many teams having incomplete squads with many possible departures and arrivals. I've found it hard to make a case for virtually all of the mid-range strikers and so have ignored my gut instinct to create a team with balance which is also easily altered. Therefore three premium strikers playing every week with one always as captain will be my opening gambit!

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 01:24:25 PM »

I bet every team has one of Kane, Lukaku, Aguerro and Costa in it :)

Ed

• LF Legend
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2017, 02:40:01 PM »

Costa? Keep up draz, this isn't 2016-17 :rolley:... :twinkle:

There are just over five hours left to enter or alter your teams, I'm glad to see a few more teams in the league.

javier erfi lopez

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2017, 07:55:54 PM »

For the first time, I'm in with Persian Lazio :offlag:
Semper Persian Gulf

Cathal

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2017, 07:41:14 PM »

Really wish they'd change the rule on needing to play 60 minutes or whatever to get the clean sheet bonus. Lost out on 10 points today because a couple of my players were subbed minutes too soon.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9