Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Fantasy Premier League 2017-18  (Read 1136 times)

Ed

• LF Legend
Re: Fantasy Premier League 2017-18
« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2018, 06:24:22 PM »

Week 31:

1 Molly Lacazette Kevin Tőkke   90   1870
2 Senor Maki Agents Ed Gill   86   1813
3 kura kura peja rusli   112   1800
4 Blue Vendetta Stefan Zhechev   109   1776
5 Bernard Breezy Style Joey Cardiff   78   1756

Initially I had been hoping to take advantage of the lack of fixtures with a fairly full starting eleven at my disposal for the Saturday matches. The optimism lasted until Saturday evening when I looked at the table and saw that Kevin had still got more than me and some incredibly high scores from peja and Stefan had meant they both gained on my position in second. Salah was the obvious captain and he didn't let anyone down with the best single game score of the season, it's just a shame everyone captained him! Some used their free hit chip to great effect by transferring in a complete starting eleven for the one day only.

Remember that there are no fixtures this weekend.
MAKI "I would like to say hello to you guys and I appreciate all you've been doing to me and I promise wherever I go I will always be available for you guys! Thanks, cheers!"

@Stevemakoz "Partita dominata alla grande. Complimenti ragazzi. Forza Lazio"

Ed

• LF Legend
« Reply #81 on: April 10, 2018, 01:40:51 PM »

Week 33:

1 Molly Lacazette Kevin Tőkke   31   1945
2 Senor Maki Agents Ed Gill   43   1922
3 kura kura peja rusli   57   1916
4 Blue Vendetta Stefan Zhechev   23   1849
5 Bernard Breezy Style Joey Cardiff   21   1820

Firstly, apologies for missing out week 32, I can't give a reason other than forgetfulness! Annoyingly it was actually quite an important week in regards to the top five, as is this round as the title race has been blown open again and is now between three teams. Kevin's lead over me has been reduced by 34 points over the two weeks but it is Peja in third who has gained the most with only 29 points now between him and Kevin instead of 70. In a low scoring weekend his total was the best and really moved him away from Stefan and Joey who still complete the top five. With certain Premier League teams now concentrating on Europe and rotating their best players accordingly, it will become more difficult to know who to pick each week now. The fact the title wasn't sewn up in the Manchester Derby should at least mean a couple more games for City's big names in the league.
MAKI "I would like to say hello to you guys and I appreciate all you've been doing to me and I promise wherever I go I will always be available for you guys! Thanks, cheers!"

Ed

• LF Legend
« Reply #82 on: April 30, 2018, 06:10:52 PM »

As a quick recap while we are still online, the top three is currently the same, Eivind in fourth and Stefan in fifth. There is a game tonight to complete the round and I'll post the table tomorrow if able!

Ed

• LF Legend
« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2018, 10:55:58 AM »

Week 36:

1 Molly Lacazette Kevin Tőkke   51   2133
2 Senor Maki Agents Ed Gill   71   2098
3 kura kura peja rusli   47   2093
4 Mozzarella Normale Eivind Ytreland   47   1999
5 Blue Vendetta Stefan Zhechev   36   1997

Not too much looks as if it has changed in relation to the top of the table during the missed weeks but there are some subtle differences. Kevin is unsurprisingly still there at the top, his lead now more than it was the last time I updated the table. I am still in second but only through getting the best score this week, previously I had been overtaken by peja after several poor rounds in a row. Luckily Alli and Sane were good transfers and Zaha and Pogba did really well but my advantage is only 5 points and with games running out any mistakes will be crucial. Stefan remains in the top five but Eivind has been the big climber at the expense of Joey.

Ed

• LF Legend
« Reply #84 on: May 04, 2018, 05:13:38 PM »

Please note that the first match of the week is tonight, Brighton - Manchester United, so teams need to be confirmed before 19:00BST.

Ed

• LF Legend
« Reply #85 on: May 11, 2018, 05:50:01 PM »

Week 37:

1 Molly Lacazette Kevin Tőkke   91   2220
2 Senor Maki Agents Ed Gill   90   2180
3 kura kura peja rusli   89   2174
4 Blue Vendetta Stefan Zhechev   79   2076
5 Mozzarella Normale Eivind Ytreland   84   2075

The final double week threw up few surprises and it looks as if the last round will not prove important in deciding our champion. The destination of the title hasn't really been in doubt for months, aside from a brief spell in early Spring when I got to within touching distance of top spot, as Kevin has monopolised first place. His form has been frighteningly consistent yet again and even if he has scored poorly during a week, it will usually be followed the next by the best total in the league. Why would we expect anything less from the current champion? His title all but defended, barring a collapse of immense proportions, it should be down to clearing up who finishes second between peja and myself, and who finishes fourth out of Stefan and Eivind, unless Rick can make up the twenty points difference.

Teams need confirming before 14:00BST on Sunday 13th.

For the final time this season, good luck if you need it!

Ed

• LF Legend
« Reply #86 on: May 14, 2018, 11:52:07 AM »

Week 38:

1 ♔ Back 2 Back ♔ Kevin Tőkke   67   2287
2 Senor Maki Agents Ed Gill   97   2269
3 kura kura peja rusli   91   2261
4 Blue Vendetta Stefan Zhechev   69   2145
5 Mozzarella Normale Eivind Ytreland   58   2133

6 Maki's Super Eagles Rick ard   38   2093
7 DOLCEBUTRUTHLESS Ray Shagar   79   2077
8 Bernard Breezy Style Joey Cardiff   47   2062
9 SINA FC soeun sina   53   2040
10 F.C El Dorado Mathias Langkjaer   71   2032
11 Can't Be Bothered Cathal Mullan   39   2013
12 lacoucaracha robert saade   68   1993
13 S.S. ALZIO Aldo Fiorini   79   1975
14 Kyröskosken Pärske Matti Sumulehto   61   1973
15 Bellerin's barber Oly Eke   65   1936
16 Laziopetros Petros Tsala   65   1921
17 BOOMXhakaLacazette Diether Raeymaekers   53   1913
18 Persian Lazio Rfun G   52   1887
19 Di Canio United FC Giosselino Laziale   41   1881
20 Burnfoot FC Robert Nilson   37   1877
21 Delhi Bellies Morts Lindholm   51   1800
22 SS Laval S Palu   27   1791
23 Undici Leoni Scott Balaam   51   1786
24 Per Lei Combattiamo Dimitar Konstantinov   26   1777
25 Explosive Diarhhea Pasi Isokangas   51   1762
26 Meranzov CF Martin Meranzov   57   1731
27 Thames Ironworks Andrew Barratt   44   1681
28 Tom_G Tom Giordmaina   21   1633
29 FC Maki Razvan Dinu   20   1627

Well that was a little bit more exciting than I expected but ultimately my spirited challenge was in vain and Kevin is, as his new team name confirms, the champion again. Back to back titles is something that nobody except the once dominant Eivind should take for granted and to have been top since week 17 is quite incredible. I'm sure everyone will agree that Kevin is a very worthy winner. Well done, perhaps you can share some of your thoughts about the victory?

I decided to go for it in the last round and gambled by making three transfers and hoping their points would negate the eight lost for making them. All three paid off and got me seventeen extra after deductions and for a moment yesterday, before the points were all confirmed, I thought I might have actually done it and made it to the top. However, after bonuses and auto substitutions were added it wasn't to be. Ake only got me two from the bench as unfortunately I had him ahead of the high scoring Lejeune, and Kevin scored nine from his three subs. Still, to over halve last weeks deficit was an achievement of sorts and I am glad the final day had a bit of excitement when it looked like having none! At least it was closer at the top than last season!

Peja confirmed his second successive third place finish with another good scoring week and then some way back was Stefan who improved on last years fifth place. Eivind managed to stay in the top five but for him it is his second lowest finishing place! Rick fell away badly over the last few months, I don't think he recovered from some of the different match scheduling messing him up! Similarly, Joey once seemed a certainty to finish in the top five but ended up eighth after Ray's move up to seventh. Soeun was back in the top ten again and Mathias edged out Cathal to take the final spot.

Thanks for playing and congratulations again to Kevin and the top five. We have a busy summer of World Cup and associated transfer mayhem to look forward to before the task of picking a team begins again! I hope everyone enjoyed the season, although again I wonder how many managed to last the distance compared to those who gave up months ago?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 02:38:40 PM by Ed »

Rizmo

• LF Legend
« Reply #87 on: May 16, 2018, 12:03:36 AM »

Yeah I stopped playing after I missed the deadline on some double legged rounds. Otherwise I'm certain I'd end up as winner. But luckily for Kevin he ended up "winning" it instead so congrats I guess.

:rolley:
... but I'm sure I'm correct and you are wrong.

"Maki man, Maki man, e'erbody do the Maki man, cos Maki can, Maki can, e'erbody know that Maki can cos he da man, he da man, e'erbody know that he da man, so be his fan, be his fan, e'erbody be the Maki fan" - Caxi dropping some truth on ya'll.

kevlar

• Aquilotto
« Reply #88 on: May 17, 2018, 05:38:53 PM »

Haha, You almost beat me Ed  :beer: But yeah top 3 was very close this year and this game really annoyed the hell out of me a lot of times, but glad I could manage to defend my title. Also annoyed with the fact that  all my chips turned out to be a fails in my opinion, but it's a usual thing with FPL.
IX.I.MCM
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]