Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 73

Author Topic: Serie A 2017/18  (Read 22017 times)

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
Re: Serie A 2017/18
« Reply #680 on: February 11, 2018, 04:57:51 PM »

Winning the EL is more unrealistic than finishing top 4 though, at least I think so. There's 5 or 6 teams in the EL that would have no problems walking over us over two legs in EL. We'd have to avoid them or be lucky.

I agree though, we can't play the best players every week and think we have a shot at making it into CL that way. We have to prioritize. But I'm not sure Inzaghi understands that or agrees with it. I guess on Thursday we might know though.
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #681 on: February 11, 2018, 05:00:53 PM »

Winning the EL is more unrealistic than finishing top 4 though, at least I think so. There's 5 or 6 teams in the EL that would have no problems walking over us over two legs in EL. We'd have to avoid them or be lucky.

I agree though, we can't play the best players every week and think we have a shot at making it into CL that way. We have to prioritize. But I'm not sure Inzaghi understands that or agrees with it. I guess on Thursday we might know though.

Please name me those team who can walk over us.

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #682 on: February 11, 2018, 05:06:07 PM »

Dortmund
Arsenal
Atletico Madrid
Lyon
Napoli

I'd also be super worried about playing Leipzig, but they will probably get knocked out by Napoli. Anyway those five above, they would walk over us.

Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #683 on: February 11, 2018, 05:10:06 PM »

Dortmund
Arsenal
Atletico Madrid
Lyon
Napoli

I'd also be super worried about playing Leipzig, but they will probably get knocked out by Napoli. Anyway those five above, they would walk over us.

Dortmund can barely walk over the likes of ****ing Eintracht or Mainz. Arsenal? Are you really going to consider Arsenal, the mental midgets, as a EL favorite?

Lyon is similar to us, strong attack but not great at the defense. Napoli is not going to push for EL when they have the chance to win Serie A and Atletico is just one big shit because if they were not they would still be playing CL.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #684 on: February 11, 2018, 05:21:38 PM »

Dortmund
Arsenal
Atletico Madrid
Lyon
Napoli

Dortmund can barely walk over the likes of ****ing Eintracht or Mainz. Arsenal? Are you really going to consider Arsenal, the mental midgets, as a EL favorite?

Lyon is similar to us, strong attack but not great at the defense. Napoli is not going to push for EL when they have the chance to win Serie A and Atletico is just one big shit because if they were not they would still be playing CL.

I really agree but, that's in case of our best 11 and all in good form.  An adjusted Lazio for EL and with surely one eye on the Serie A will not pull that of against those teams.

Like you said we need a clear path and it should be Serie A, 2 places can be targetted and in EL only the winner counts.
The quality differece at Lazio between bench and starters is very big, unlike Napoli who can almost field a backup defence and midfield to attempt an EL win.

If Lazio goes full out on all fronts, we will not achieve anything imo.

Serie A will already be very hard.  Inter just stopped giving us gifts and Merda will certainly jump us also tonight.
After 3 losses and seeing both competitors ahead again in the table will be a double mental blow.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 05:24:17 PM by Evesto »

Crni Đorđe

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #685 on: February 11, 2018, 05:26:52 PM »

We're not going to play against all of those named teams in EL. Going through and win in competition made from nine matches (knockout) are always easier than going through league competition of 14 matches and getting out with settled achievement.

sky blue is the color
eagle and shield are symbols...

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #686 on: February 11, 2018, 05:38:37 PM »

I personally think it's going to be much easier to pick up more points than one of 1927 and Inter and hold off any late surges from others and finish in the Top 4 than it is to be the last team standing in a competition which still has 32 participants, all of which are supposed to be at the same level.

But only one entry route to the Champions League comes with a trophy at the end of it.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #687 on: February 11, 2018, 05:42:23 PM »

We're not going to play against all of those named teams in EL. Going through and win in competition made from nine matches (knockout) are always easier than going through league competition of 14 matches and getting out with settled achievement.

I have to disagree also.  In the EL one loss and it's possibly over and in the final it is right away of course.
In the league one loss isn't decisive,  even results of opponents matter the outcome.

To get to the CL via the EL one needs to win the final and avoid mishaps a long the way, plus play with adjusted teams (bench).  Trough Serie A there are still 2 direct spots available.

Sile

• LF Legend
« Reply #688 on: February 11, 2018, 05:48:31 PM »

I'm still pretty confident in our league chances. We are facing all the competitors and bigger teams at home until the rest of the season - rube, merda, sampdoria, inter, and they still need to play each other meaning someone is bound to drop points.
They may be on the up, but facing it logically, we always suck against Milan, Genoa is also a dark horse and Napoli aren't title contenders for no reason.
So, as much as three losses in a row hurt, it's not as if we lost to Benevento.

regarding EL, it's anyone's guess at how far we can progress. And we're one solid match at home against Milan from entering the coppa final.

So theoretically, no cause for alarm just yet.
Bike to work. Work to live. Live to bike.

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #689 on: February 11, 2018, 05:58:56 PM »

Sure, taking one of the CL spots through Serie A should be easier than winning the EL but like Crni said we have more games in Serie A that in the EL. And once this round of knockout stage is played some of the stronger teams will already drop out.

I agree partly with everyone. Dropping points against Genoa was bad but Inter dropping points against Crotone and 1927 dropping points against Atalanta and Sampdoria was the same. I do not believe they are stronger than us, we play much better football but we are not in form currently. Sile does make a point for those home games, we will have a slight advantage. But refs can **** us over in Seria A much more than in EL.

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 73