Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: Supercoppa Italia : Juventus - SS Lazio 2-3 , 13/08/2017  (Read 2767 times)

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
Re: Supercoppa Italia : Juventus - SS Lazio 2-3 , 13/08/2017
« Reply #110 on: August 16, 2017, 05:16:38 PM »

Instead of Biglia getting on the ball regularly and playing hopeful balls forward, the numbers show that we had less of the ball, but that a greater percentage of it was being held further up the pitch through Luis Alberto and SMS.

So maybe what we'll see more of this season is Lazio sitting deep, winning the ball back more than ever, and getting the ball to the two behind Immobile as quickly as possible.

A logical result on the passing.  Attempts higher up the field and closer to the target have more chance of succes.

I was astonished how easily at times our players recovered in midfield, Juve suddenly didn't look like Juve anymore.
Parolo and Leiva had 1 job and that's where they shine.  Sergej dropped back and helped closing in, even Alberto put on the pressure and made the first two's job easier.

But that's to face straight competitors.  We can't face opponents like this who might park the bus.  Recovering liw and sending Ciro or Caicedo forward into 4 or 5 players still there expecting them won't work out.  Inzaghi knows this, hence the totally different 352 we saw against Palermo and Samp last season for example.

If we should handle the 'big' teams better this season now like we did Juve and still be good in bringing the game ourselves against defensive opponents it should result in more points this season.  Of course there's also the EL now, luckely the roster has more depth.

torsten

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #111 on: August 16, 2017, 07:05:40 PM »

Instead of Biglia getting on the ball regularly and playing hopeful balls forward, the numbers show that we had less of the ball, but that a greater percentage of it was being held further up the pitch through Luis Alberto and SMS.

So maybe what we'll see more of this season is Lazio sitting deep, winning the ball back more than ever, and getting the ball to the two behind Immobile as quickly as possible.

I also think that Alberto has a much better vision and passing skill than Biglia. So, taking Biglia out and putting Leiva in to do Biglias defense work better and also putting in Alberto to do Biglia offensive work better.

Sometimes it's better to have stricter roles for players, and that is what i feel is the case here.
Alessandro Nesta, Fernando Couto, Stefano Fiore, Tommaso Rocchi, Stefano Mauri, Giuseppe Biava, Federico Marchetti, Danilo Cataldi, Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, Simone Inzaghi, Ciro Immobile

BelgioSSL

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #112 on: August 16, 2017, 07:29:34 PM »

I still consider Biglia and Candreva to be fine players but sometimes a change of guard works really well. Sergej, Lucas and Luis Alberto look quite complementary and they can surely form a very solid backbone. Looking forward to the season ahead.
Favourite Laziali: S. Inzaghi, O. Dabo, S. Mauri.

dinhochester

• LF Legend
« Reply #113 on: September 01, 2017, 09:06:47 AM »

I am still having a chill everytime I watch the last 5 minutes of this game, from Marusic foul until Murgia goal. I rewind it so many times. Epic moment.

Giolazio

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #114 on: September 01, 2017, 07:57:34 PM »

I am still having a chill everytime I watch the last 5 minutes of this game, from Marusic foul until Murgia goal. I rewind it so many times. Epic moment.

It was amazing. Similarly you can still watch on YouTube the last 7 minutes of the Lazio - Juve semi final in 2013. Equally as epic.

:offlag:

Stefano6

• LF Legend
« Reply #115 on: September 01, 2017, 08:03:29 PM »

I still cant believe Marchisio missed!

Giolazio

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #116 on: September 01, 2017, 08:16:58 PM »

I still cant believe Marchisio missed!