Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Serie A: Lazio-SPAL, Sunday, 20-08-17  (Read 3047 times)

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
Re: Serie A: Lazio-SPAL, Sunday, 20-08-17
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2017, 09:09:54 PM »

Inzaghi tested an Immobile-Palombi partnership today. Anderson doesn't seem to be ready yet which I think probably sees him on the bench again while Lukaku has his own schedule which probably suggests he ain't going to get 90 minutes. Luis Alberto tested in central-midfield.

In my opinion, we could see the exact same line-up we saw against Juventus. But it's intriguing to see the manager working on Immobile and Palombi.

Started Lombardi the first game last season, wouldn't be a surprise.
Guess Palombi is seen as a 2nd sriker type.

No Caicedo - Ciro partnership possible or Caicedo also not fit ... ?

We'll need Alberto to try and split open Spall trough the middle.

BelgioSSL

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2017, 09:16:22 PM »

Would that be Palombi's first team debut?
Favourite Laziali: S. Inzaghi, O. Dabo, S. Mauri.

Crni Đorđe

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2017, 09:17:36 PM »

Caicedo definitely not fit, himself stated at presentation. May see Palombi being tested as plan B with regard to Leiva's condition. Leiva will probably be fully fit for SPAL, but some precaution their, with Luis Alberto slotting in deeper role. Perhaps SPAL is best test for Luis Alberto as deeply placed midfielder - they won't come to take possession anyway.
sky blue is the color
eagle and shield are symbols...

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2017, 11:01:32 PM »

Lets start in best way.
  :offlag:

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2017, 01:32:11 AM »

Leiva will probably be fully fit for SPAL, but some precaution their, with Luis Alberto slotting in deeper role. Perhaps SPAL is best test for Luis Alberto as deeply placed midfielder - they won't come to take possession anyway.

Well, it's interesting that Di Gennaro appears to have become vice-Leiva and that Luis Alberto is being tried as a mezzala, where he didn't feature much in pre-season. Probably illustrates that Luis Alberto was being tried in a deeper role purely as what the club saw as the two Biglia alternatives were not fit.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2017, 02:36:30 AM »

Leiva will probably be fully fit for SPAL, but some precaution their, with Luis Alberto slotting in deeper role. Perhaps SPAL is best test for Luis Alberto as deeply placed midfielder - they won't come to take possession anyway.

Well, it's interesting that Di Gennaro appears to have become vice-Leiva and that Luis Alberto is being tried as a mezzala, where he didn't feature much in pre-season. Probably illustrates that Luis Alberto was being tried in a deeper role purely as what the club saw as the two Biglia alternatives were not fit.

There was some discussion when Alberto played regista during 2 summerfriendles, as i then said this wasn't going to happen in real games.  I still think so, no matter what positions the've tried then.  Alberto won't play there when it matters.
I'd expect Di Gennaro, Murgia or even Parolo there if Leiva's not before Alberto.  I would even put Sergej there if necessary before Alberto.

It's all well and good to have someone like him there to distribute for teams who have possession for most of the time but that's not going to happen with this Lazio.  Maybe it could work against Spal or Benevento playing on their half but even then i don't expect Inzaghi to take that kind of risks.  Alberto is to much attacking or forward thinking midfielder, it's a little to risky to put him that deep, especially in Italy.

blue_sky

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2017, 03:28:43 AM »

I see otherwise. Alberto played as regista which I don't like to use this term as we use 3 defenders, let's say it with cm, and Murgia as a box to box. It happens so as it proves Murgia scores a goal.
I can see like put Alberto in cm to bridge upfront when we make interception in 1/4 our area as Parolo or SMS to make it happen or our 3 back defense.
Basically we played with 361 when Leiva gone vs Juve.
I don't see we have to play with those 361 but 352 with FA or Palombi along with Ciro and Alberto as a cm

mamangfreak

• Aquilotto
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2017, 02:04:24 AM »

believe with inzaghi and squad....3 points must get....
forza lazio.... :stendvl: :stendvl: :stendvl:

dinhochester

• LF Legend
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2017, 05:05:35 AM »

Duel of the 352.

Probable formation

Strakosha
      Wallace Devrij Radu
Basta Parolo Luis Leiva Lulic
             Milinkovic
             Immobile

Antenucci Paloschi
Costa Mora Rizzo Viviani Lazzari
      Felipe Vicari Oikonomou
                 Gomis

moody

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2017, 07:25:05 AM »

Agree with the Supercoppa formation. If we really want 2 forwards, I think Lombardi should be the better choice as he'd proven himself last season. Dunno why he seems out of favor lately.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10