Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Serie A : SS Lazio - S.P.A.L. 0-0 , 20/08/2017  (Read 1389 times)

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
Re: Serie A : SS Lazio - S.P.A.L. 0-0 , 20/08/2017
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2017, 11:09:49 PM »

Guys, chill out...Spal defended with their entire team and it was very hard to get to their penalty box.

Very correct, and SPAL will grab more points.
I predicted them not to relegate.

Alsalman

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2017, 11:11:05 PM »

Guys, chill out...Spal defended with their entire team and it was very hard to get to their penalty box.

Brother they didn't have much defending to do .... we literally did nothing for 95 minutes

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2017, 11:14:12 PM »

Why are so many people surprised by this? Players were having bbq-es and parties all week, our "super star" is in Barcelona as a spectator, the other one is injured and Inzaghi started with Palombi (clear sign for me that he underestimated SPAL). We met a team we defeated in friendly - so they knew us and it was their first real game of the season. They were super focused to defend and counter. To add to that there were organization problems with CN. All in all - this game had failure written all over. We managed to get a point, lets move on. The party is over. This game is not decisive, the next 37 are.

Gianni Calcio

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2017, 11:48:33 PM »

The difference between us and a top side is the ability to close these types of games off. What a big let down after a solid supercoppa.

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2017, 12:04:37 AM »

Ah common. This forum would drive me crazy someday. Last week we were beating juve and now the same team is suddenly not good enough for serie a just because we drew our first game after a week of party. Spal was gonna be a tough one to crack. They knew us and they did all to grab their point. We had 2-3 good chances and if one would have go in there would be no problem now. Immobile milinkovic and luis alberto missed some nice shots. But to make such a drama from this...we lack creativity and all the bla bla. Well maybe we lost our creativity in alcohol this week cause we were pretty creative against juve. This game proves and predicts nothing.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2017, 12:11:35 AM »

I personally think the problem with this whole discussion is that people thought we played well against Juventus. I don't think we played particularly well then, I don't think we played well tonight.

SPAL had weeks to prepare, we had days after many days of celebration, which I personally thought verged on embarrassing. We had key players out tonight so I don't accept the argument about a weak bench and I also don't buy that this kind of game is typical under Inzaghi - last season, we would often find a way, tonight we didn't, and that can't continue.

Crni Đorđe

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2017, 01:03:54 AM »

SPAL did well to frustrate Lazio and I think that post match interviews from our wagon did well to point out that thing. Simply, I saw ball moving out to slow, many players happy to attack with deep, horizontal balls while squadron of SPAL players around just sweaping them. Teams like SPAL need to be streched with quick side switches but lads lacked that.

Not enough patience and enough lucidity tonight.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 01:05:53 AM by Crni Đorđe »
sky blue is the color
eagle and shield are symbols...

dinhochester

• LF Legend
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2017, 03:25:01 AM »

I just watch the highlights.
I think SPAL defended very well.
I think the problem is in the formation.
352 formation against 352 formation becomes stuck.
Even great teams will face difficulty in facing 352 teams who defend well.

I think next time we face a 352 team, we should change to 442 formation.
Hence we can push our winger high to the opponent flank and stretch their defense.
Perhaps like this with our currently available players
Marusic and Lukaku can push high up to the flank without worrying about defense.
I think this is effective against 352 teams.

Strakosha
Basta Devrij Wallace Radu
Marusic Luis Parolo Lukaku
        Sergej Immobile

hamid

• LF Legend
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2017, 07:23:17 AM »

Embarrassing

After one game we can kiss our season goodbye. Every top teams won today and with solid performances, we can't create a chance against a team that never ever played in Serie A before. This is going to be a looong season. And Lotito talked about scudetto. Bitch, please.

we breathe LAZIO

Amir

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2017, 10:20:47 AM »

A poor match overall, but honestly we usually flop after we succeed in an important match.

On the other note, Spal was a much better organized side than I initially though. Compliments to them for fighting and playing it smart. Their keeper was always in the right spot.

Players like Keita and FA are such a MUST with opponents like this. They are capable of creating numeric advantage via their dribbling.

No time for regrets, the team must regroup and try to score 3 points in our next match.
AVE LAZIO - Popolus tuus te acclamat
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7