Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Serie A : SS Lazio - S.P.A.L. 0-0 , 20/08/2017  (Read 1387 times)

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
Re: Serie A : SS Lazio - S.P.A.L. 0-0 , 20/08/2017
« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2017, 02:18:05 PM »

Lazio have been fined 3,000 euro for the anti-Keita banner that was unveiled and there will most likely be a further punishment for us within the next days 10 days but first, the authorities have to work out just how racist the Curva Nord were at the weekend.

blue-white

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #61 on: August 22, 2017, 04:05:22 PM »

I'll say it again:

I don't know the last time a top team failed to score at home against a side expected to battle relegation. The problem for me is that SPAL were in control of the result for 90 minutes - they wanted 0-0, they got it. If it was 1-1 or 2-2, at least we would've been on top for some of the game. Now, this is where someone probably says we were dominant and if this or that was different, we'd have won - and I've no tolerance for those arguments. It is what it is. We had injuries, we had less time to prepare and we didn't win.

I genuinely think SPAL gave us a tougher game than Juventus and I said off the forum to some a few weeks ago that we should expect that given the circumstances. Tougher tests lie ahead and we simply have to do better.

Cathal, you don't get my point. It doesn't matter if it's 0:0, 1:1 or 2:2 like the Napoli vs. Pescara I mentioned.
A draw stays a draw, no matter if you score or not.
Because we didn't score, doesn't mean that we had bad game. I would not say now that we would have played better in a 1:1, because we would have scored a goal. That makes no sense. In a 1:1 we would have conceded a goal which we didn't have in our game.
...what tells us that a draw is a draw.

yeah, you can say, that because we played against a new promoted team and didn't score, we will have it more difficult to score in the coming games, if nothing will be changed.
But I say that the coming games are totally different and have nothing to do with the Spal game.

Spal did defensive a nice job, and as long as they don't concede one goal, they will make it difficult for every opponent. But not conceding will not happen.
We were not able to provoke an error which can bring a goal, but that doesn't mean that we can't do it in the next game.

mikitsi

• Aquilotto
« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2017, 04:16:16 PM »

but first, the authorities have to work out just how racist the Curva Nord were at the weekend.

This is embarrassing sh*t

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #63 on: August 22, 2017, 04:20:55 PM »

I don't know the last time a top team failed to score at home against a side expected to battle relegation. The problem for me is that SPAL were in control of the result for 90 minutes - they wanted 0-0, they got it. If it was 1-1 or 2-2, at least we would've been on top for some of the game. Now, this is where someone probably says we were dominant and if this or that was different, we'd have won - and I've no tolerance for those arguments. It is what it is. We had injuries, we had less time to prepare and we didn't win.

yeah, you can say, that because we played against a new promoted team and didn't score, we will have it more difficult to score in the coming games, if nothing will be changed.
But I say that the coming games are totally different and have nothing to do with the Spal game.

Spal did defensive a nice job, and as long as they don't concede one goal, they will make it difficult for every opponent. But not conceding will not happen.
We were not able to provoke an error which can bring a goal, but that doesn't mean that we can't do it in the next game.

I get your point, I just don't agree with it.

There is a difference between Lazio 0-0 SPAL and Pescara 2-2 Napoli. The obvious difference is that we were at home and Napoli were away. The second difference is that SPAL came for a 0-0 and accomplished their mission while Pescara went for the win and failed to get over the line. The third difference is Napoli were in a perilous situation because Pescara took their chances whereas we were never in that position because SPAL were not as ruthless as Pescara were. Finally, Napoli fought back to get a point whereas Lazio fought to get all three and never got there.

I personally believe Sarri should've been much happier with a 2-2 in Pescara than Inzaghi should be drawing 0-0 on the first day of Serie A at the Olimpico.  Because in my opinion, Napoli showed something on that day and we showed nothing.

Saying that every draw is the same, in my opinion, makes no sense. Two teams can play brilliant football and draw and two teams can play terrible football and draw, and this was a 0-0 draw where one side was certainly not very good on the day. Every game is different.

If you disagree, that's fine, but I saw no real quality from Lazio in the 90 minutes. The team looked so far off a Top 6 Serie A side and sure, we might win the next time we are in such a situation, but we're in the present not the future and I'm discussing here and now.

but first, the authorities have to work out just how racist the Curva Nord were at the weekend.

This is embarrassing sh*t

Yeah, they're trying to work out how many people were in the Curva and how much of what sounded like racial chanting was actually racial chanting etc. And I don't understand how that's relevant.

mikitsi

• Aquilotto
« Reply #64 on: August 22, 2017, 04:35:30 PM »

any pictures of that anti-Keita banner?

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2017, 04:39:22 PM »

any pictures of that anti-Keita banner?

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2017, 05:35:39 PM »

All of a sudden Lotito isn't to be blamed for anything but everyone else is?

Lotito and Irriducibili made some kind of deal, no question about it.

Crni Đorđe

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2017, 08:14:18 PM »

Yeah, they're trying to work out how many people were in the Curva and how much of what sounded like racial chanting was actually racial chanting etc. And I don't understand how that's relevant.

It's pointless method in pointless fight at pointless place.
sky blue is the color
eagle and shield are symbols...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]