Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Top 5 favorite player in recent years  (Read 1845 times)

Ljubo1

• Aquilotto
Re: Top 5 favorite player in recent years
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2017, 01:25:44 PM »

I agree with Mendieta but can't with Lopez. OK he was not what it was with Valencia but he delivered when needed. I think Kovačevič who came from Juve was much worse. Also our experiments with Cisse, Muzzi..., didn't work out and they are way ahead of Lopez.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2017, 01:35:58 PM »

I agree with Mendieta but can't with Lopez. OK he was not what it was with Valencia but he delivered when needed. I think Kovačevič who came from Juve was much worse. Also our experiments with Cisse, Muzzi..., didn't work out and they are way ahead of Lopez.

Muzzi came to Lazio in his 30s off the back of a poor season with Udinese - I think that move worked out as well as it could possibly have all things considered. And Cissť did a job which still divides fans, and he was practically a free transfer given we got back what we paid for him.

Definitely agree on Kovacevic being underwhelming. And to boot, he effectively ended our last Champions League run, which doesn't make me look kindly on him.

edo_shehb

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2017, 01:53:32 PM »

kenneth andersson?, julio cruz?, carrizo?, rozenhall?, hizfergild.... (that out-of-closet german mf, cant spell his name clearly), igor protti?

sadly is way to easy to name Lazio flop IX and the bench  :wuzz:

moody

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2017, 02:10:28 PM »

one thing is, when we buy people like AC Milan just did, it's hard to settle and maybe Mendieta and others suffered from that (I haven't started watching football back then so I can't say it's definite). Another thing is some players were never given a proper chance to integrate, an example is Luis Alberto was only given sparing minutes last season and no one appreciated him, and impressed only when given appropriate chances.

Real flops are Djordjevic and even Hoedt who I don't rate highly, despite support from the manager and club.

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2017, 05:01:10 PM »

It is very tough to choose between all our players in recent years. And recent years is not a defined time so if we are talking about 10 years back then there are much more than 5 players I would choose.

Radu, Lulic, Ledesma, Mauri and Rocchi. But there are also Klose, Hernanes, Muslera, Parolo...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]