Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Top 5 favorite player in recent years  (Read 1918 times)

torsten

• Aquila Senior
Top 5 favorite player in recent years
« on: August 22, 2017, 05:35:30 PM »

This has probably been a topic thats been around here a couple of times before.. but hey

Would be nice to hear some of you guys favorite players, and why they stuck with you. Me personally fell in love with both Couto and Nesta very quick! The longhair was just perfect   :supsmile:

Stefano Fiore, just look at that name! And he was a great players to!  :sciarpa05:

Tommaso Rocchi, i mean, he was just the perfect player for a team like ours in the situation we were in!

And maybe one of the players that just amazed me so much together with Nesta ofc, is Beppe Biava. Just this HUGE football brain on the pitch, just knew how to read the game. Perfect defender really!

:offlag:
Alessandro Nesta, Fernando Couto, Stefano Fiore, Tommaso Rocchi, Stefano Mauri, Giuseppe Biava, Federico Marchetti, Danilo Cataldi, Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, Simone Inzaghi, Ciro Immobile

hamid

• LF Legend
Re: Top 5 favorite player in recent years
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 06:05:31 PM »

Mihajlovic
Klose
Mauri
Veron
Stankovic
Fiore
Pancaro (because once I spoke to him on Lazio Style Radio  :beer:)
Rocchi

Can't really put only five names there!
we breathe LAZIO

Ed

• LF Legend
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 06:07:19 PM »

There is always room for another favourite or worst topic! :beer:
(note: Maki is on a whole different level so I won't need to mention him in this top five!)

It depends how far back you go, you've mentioned Couto and Nesta so I will start then and it would be far too easy to fill a top five just from that era alone. At that time Juan Veron was my favourite, he was a wizard and I was so happy when we got him and it was a real shame that he only stayed two seasons. A player who's impression grew and grew on me was Diego Simeone. Some English fans hated him at the time because of the Beckham stuff at the World Cup '98, but there was no way something like that could affect my opinion! He was such a tough and whole hearted warrior and the incredible run of headed goals to help tie up the Scudetto were just brilliant. Obviously that whole team warrant special places for us all and could make a top ten alone... but I won't!

Just missing our glory year was the rock Angelo Peruzzi and he'd be my next choice. A legend and still one of the best goalkeepers in Serie A even later in his career.

From the Lotito era Tommaso Rocchi would be first choice, a true legend and our best striker for many years. His partnership with Pandev was one of the best we've had and he lead us through some tough times. Next would be Cristian Brocchi, the ultimate competitor with a huge heart and the one player I am most happy to say proved me wrong. When Matuzalem injured him and finished his career it was one of the bitterest moments following Lazio.

Top 5:

Diego Simeone
Tommaso Rocchi
Juan Veron
Cristian Brocchi
Angelo Peruzzi
+ Marcelo Salas... just because he needs to be there!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 09:50:34 PM by Ed »
MAKI "I would like to say hello to you guys and I appreciate all you've been doing to me and I promise wherever I go I will always be available for you guys! Thanks, cheers!"

@Stevemakoz "Partita dominata alla grande. Complimenti ragazzi. Forza Lazio"

Giolazio

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 06:41:19 PM »

I could probably write a different list with some other iconic players from our past but I've decided to keep it to players I've actually seen.

1. Beppe Signori
2. Alessandro Nesta
3. Marcelo Salas
4. Alen Boksic
5. Stefano Fiore

chandraicang

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2017, 07:11:13 PM »

Edited  :supsmile:

1. Miroslav Klose
2. Pasquale Foggia
3. Stefano Mauri
4. Giuseppe Biava
5. Ousmane Dabo
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 07:14:33 AM by chandraicang »
To cover a football pitch there is no better formation than a 4-3-3

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2017, 07:19:23 PM »

I'll post my five when I know if the 90s qualifies as recent  :fingerup:

Stefano6

• LF Legend
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2017, 07:34:49 PM »

Angelo Peruzzi - Obvious reasons, hes a legend, was an amazing goalkeeper and personally I dont feel weve had the stability since he retired.

Stefano Fiore - Loved his passion and the fact that he gave 100% all the time, and on a footballing level im a fan of midfielders who can play anywhere

Stefano Mauri - Alltime favourite, underrated by most laziali, and definitely underrated by football fans in general. Could play anywhere, incredibly vision and skill, and a lot of his work went unnoticed.

Claudio Lopez - Just a great striker, fast, great finisher

Alessandro Nesta - not sure I need a reason!

stefano_40

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2017, 08:13:39 PM »

Stefano Fiore - His name is almost identical to mine, and obviously as a kid this kind of thing makes somebody into your favourite player. Was a little young to really recognize how good he was, but I remember he scored a lot, including three over the two Coppa final legs in 2004 against Juve, the highlights of which I used to get up super early before school to see on Euronews  :sciarpa05:

Tomasso Rocchi - The real MVP when I really started watching Lazio properly, as up until then the internet and streaming matches was not really possible. Really was the striker we needed at the time, though not as highly regarded as Pandev. We could probably still do with him to partner Ciro up top. 

Cristian Ledesma - Scored the first ever goal that I ever saw in a Live derby, that ridiculous curvy shot from about 400 yards out.  Also, gotta love those players who come out of absolutely nowhere and become one of the best midfielders in the league.

Miroslav Klose - In all sense of the word, a legend. Delighted to have had him represent our club, especially with him having come in at a relatively old age and still being able to give us some of his best years. That 93rd minute derby winner doesn't do him any harm either  :scarfup:

Stefano Mauri - Again, one of those guys with the same name as me... But this was more performance based. The man was a ****ing beast for us for years, best captain we've had in recent years. Work rate was phenomenal. My personal pick at number 1. Legend.
71 min: Finally a goal in this game! It's a scrappy one, but Lazio won't care. Candreva goes down the right of the box and fires a shot at Lobont. He saves the shot put can only push it to Lulic on the other side, who stabs the ball home to give Lazio the lead!!

torsten

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2017, 10:15:05 PM »

I'll post my five when I know if the 90s qualifies as recent  :fingerup:

Hehe, i guess that I meant players from around the millennium. But if some players before that time made you a Laziali, who am I to disallow you  :razz:
Alessandro Nesta, Fernando Couto, Stefano Fiore, Tommaso Rocchi, Stefano Mauri, Giuseppe Biava, Federico Marchetti, Danilo Cataldi, Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, Simone Inzaghi, Ciro Immobile

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2017, 10:43:25 PM »

The 90s feels like ages ago, I thought it was recent years as in the last 5 years max  :supsmile:

But ok in recent years I will say Mauri, Rocchi, Ledesma, Lulic and Brocchi

If we're talking all the way back to 90s

Peruzzi, Mihajlovic, Veron, Simeone and Crespo. Yes by now you're wondering why Nesta isn't there, I'll keep that to myself because otherwise I will derail the thread  :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6