Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Lineup & Tactical after the summermercato : open for discussion ....  (Read 3289 times)

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend

Hard to specify adequate lineups since Milinkovic, Alberto, Parolo, Murgia & Di Gennaro can appear on different positions and Inzaghi never uses a static formation (3-5-1-1/3-4-2-1), but this (i'm guessing) should be more or less the most logical starting spots.  Since nobody has a clue yet about how Luiz Felipe, Jordao & Neto will be regarded upon yet i thew them in as possible.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Strakosha
                                                 Vargic
                                                 Marchetti/Guerrieri

Wallace           De Vrij               Radu
                           Bastos           (Luiz Felipe)        Prce

Leiva
                                                 Di Gennaro
Basta                   Parolo                                      Milinkovic                    Lulic   
Marusic               Murgia                                     Luis Alberto                  Lukaku
Patric                  (Jordao)                                                                      Crecco
                                                 Felipe Anderson
                                                 Luis Nani

Immobile
                                                 Caicedo
                                                 Palombi
                                                (Pedro Neto)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The backline is very thin, but it's possible Caceres will arrive in January.  Let's not forget that Leiva could certainly handle appearing in the back 3 and Basta has also played RCB before.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 12:39:48 AM by Evesto »

stefano_40

• Aquila Senior
Re: Lineup & Tactical after the summermercato : open for discussion ....
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 01:40:18 AM »

France just put 4 past the Netherlands, with a CB pairing of De Vrij and Hoedt. Lucky we switched from that pairing to a back three and sold Hoedt for far more money than we had any right to really  :whistle:

Seems like a good mercato in the end, would have liked to offload more but in terms of players in, quite happy. Hoping that this Felipe injury is nothing too serious, but I feel a lot more comfortable now with up to four established players and three backups to fill the top three spots (in the 3-4-2-1 that we seem to be seeing). 

Strakosha (Vargic/Guerrieri) - Wallace (Bastos) - De Vrij (Luiz Felipe) - Radu (Maurico  :wuzz: , Caceres in January) - Basta (Marusic) - Parolo (Di Gennaro) - Leiva (Murgia) - Lulic (Lukaku) - Felipe (Nani) - Sergej (Alberto) - Immobile (Caicedo/Palombi)

That Nani signing is quite comforting, just gives us more options and a lot more attacking threat than we had before signing him. Guess we are a little light at CB, but with Caceres coming in January we really should be fine.

A lot of players can play in multiple positions though which could prove to be our saving grace. For example, Leiva could realistically drop back to CB if necessary, with Parolo covering his role, SMS moving to Parolo's position and then having Nani, Felipe and Ciro up top. Or Murgia or Alberto could come in to straight up cover Leiva moving into the CB position. Depends on injuries and the opposition really, but it's quite refreshing to see such a level of adaptability from so many players. Maybe the Portuguese kids can play some sort of a part too, who knows.

Feels weird to quote myself, but I had posted this in the Mercado thread and it is probably better going in here now. More or less exactly what you said, and if the squad stays free from any major injuries then I don't see why we can't push for a very good EL campaign and a 6th + finish. I hear that Milan weren't exactly the best in their first two games, and I know for sure that 1927 were not. Doubtful, but we could have more of a chance for 4th than we thought.
71 min: Finally a goal in this game! It's a scrappy one, but Lazio won't care. Candreva goes down the right of the box and fires a shot at Lobont. He saves the shot put can only push it to Lulic on the other side, who stabs the ball home to give Lazio the lead!!

Juzko

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 01:47:28 AM »

Apparently Mauricio is still with us. I don't mind having him as a 4th or 5th choice CB and he gives some leeway there so players like Leiva can stay at their prefered position.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 01:50:54 AM »

Apparently Mauricio is still with us. I don't mind having him as a 4th or 5th choice CB and he gives some leeway there so players like Leiva can stay at their prefered position.

He's not been in Inzaghi's squadselection but i guess he can bring him in the moment he feels like it.

Juzko

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 01:53:08 AM »

Inzaghi stated that Hoedt needs to be replaced and no CB arrived, other than some kid to primavera. Based on that I would expect Mauricio to be reinstated IF he wont be sold to some league where market is still open.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 02:17:25 AM by Evesto »

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2017, 02:25:42 PM »

It's interesting to see how the starting line-up will be now that Nani and Pedro Neto arrived. I assume that Pedro Neto will start on the bench and evolve, but Nani will play when fit. Question is where and instead of whom - I see him as Felipe or Luis Alberto replacement. So I would expect our starter XI to be:

Strakosha - Wallace, De Vrij, Radu - Felipe Anderson, Parolo, Leiva, Milinkovic-Savic, Lulic - Nani - Immobile

Interesting in many ways since: we got Marusic as a Basta improvement and to release Felipe from his wing duties. But with Nani in, Felipe must go back to that spot. Also - Luis Alberto is suddently a good sub, not a promissing starter. Sure - there will be many times when one of Felipe, Luis Alberto or nani will be injured or missing. but still, if all fit - Luis Alberto is the likely candidate to be left out.

Other option would be to switch to 3-4-3 or 3-4-2-1. But that would leave out Lulic (our captain) or Milinkovic (our most promissing player).

Luxury problem for Inzaghi.

Crni Đorđe

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2017, 02:27:57 PM »

Inzaghi stated that Hoedt needs to be replaced and no CB arrived, other than some kid to primavera. Based on that I would expect Mauricio to be reinstated IF he wont be sold to some league where market is still open.

Prce returned from Brescia and will cover for Hoedt's exit.
sky blue is the color
eagle and shield are symbols...

Silindeee

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2017, 03:07:31 PM »

Is there any chance we will go back to 4 3 3 now we have nani? With nani immobile anderson up front?

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2017, 03:26:30 PM »

Is there any chance we will go back to 4 3 3 now we have nani? With nani immobile anderson up front?

That's what I'm thinking. They would make a very dangerous attack.

But then I cannot see where Milinkovic Savic, Lulic, Parolo and Leiva would fit in. And Luis Alberto would warm the bench. I guess we will see Inzaghi use that formation at some point of the season, probably in some EL games. And maybe against shit teams like SPAL?

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2017, 04:34:25 PM »

It's interesting to see how the starting line-up will be now that Nani and Pedro Neto arrived. I assume that Pedro Neto will start on the bench and evolve, but Nani will play when fit. Question is where and instead of whom - I see him as Felipe or Luis Alberto replacement. So I would expect our starter XI to be:

Strakosha - Wallace, De Vrij, Radu - Felipe Anderson, Parolo, Leiva, Milinkovic-Savic, Lulic - Nani - Immobile

Interesting in many ways since: we got Marusic as a Basta improvement and to release Felipe from his wing duties. But with Nani in, Felipe must go back to that spot. Also - Luis Alberto is suddently a good sub, not a promissing starter. Sure - there will be many times when one of Felipe, Luis Alberto or nani will be injured or missing. but still, if all fit - Luis Alberto is the likely candidate to be left out.

Other option would be to switch to 3-4-3 or 3-4-2-1. But that would leave out Lulic (our captain) or Milinkovic (our most promissing player).

Luxury problem for Inzaghi.

Felipe back as wingback would be a massive mistake even with him doing a good job there.  They spent 6.5mill to get him away from that duty and he himself also dislikes that position.

As of now always 1 usual  starter will be on the bench, wich is a good thing, this gives real depth and keeps them on edge to fight for their place.  Luis, Felipe and Nani will not always start, one of them will always be fully fresh for the many games this season on 3 fronts.  That's how the team will move on better.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9