Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Lineup & Tactical after the summermercato : open for discussion ....  (Read 3272 times)

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
Re: Lineup & Tactical after the summermercato : open for discussion ....
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2017, 04:41:58 PM »

Nani : both sides in 433,4231, second striker in 352
 Central midfielder alsi in 352(leaving Felipe more space), false nine(for defensive matches).

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2017, 05:26:24 PM »

I'm having a really hard time thinking about a 3-5-2 formation with Nani and Felipe in them, but here's some ideas for some formations. Let me know what you think

Guess you read my post also, so you know my opinion.  Appreciate the effort with the lineups also but i don't expect for a second Inzaghi's going to throw out months of work because Nani and Felipe are here together now.  Also the fact that the entire roster is being builth out to serve a 352/3421.  They can play together and probably will at times in a 3421 with Leiva and Parolo behing them, or Murgia and Di Gennaro.  Sergej and Luis are going to need rest as well, or take a suspension or recover.  Many games lined up the whole season long.  Nani or Felipe don't have to start or be up every game, both struggle with something now and then and they ain't CR7 so there's no obligation.  Inzaghi will always do his best idea and that won't depend on either of those players.

There's competing on 3 fronts this season and Inzaghi wants results.  To do that one needs options like we have now, and because of that there's never actually a defined starting 11. 

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2017, 12:42:00 AM »

The formation was presented as a 3-4-2-1 but it surely wasn't, it was a clear 3-5-1-1 pure and simple, but with Leiva at times appearing deep in the defence next to De Vrij or with Basta or Lulic holding part in a 4 man defence at other times.  It's not a static 3-5-1-1 by far, but it is one without doubt.  But we will see a 4-3-2-1 this season on many occassion.  The luxuary of having Felipe and Nani in the roster will encourage this.  It's the combo of Alberto and Sergej that shapes the current formation but with Nani and/or Felipe it will look different.  We might expect Alberto to fall in the midfield providing 5 man but Nani or Felipe won't, in that case 3 man front line will actually be visable.

This imo were the tactical positions against Milan :

« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 12:47:08 AM by Evesto »

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2017, 08:46:58 AM »

The formation was presented as a 3-4-2-1 but it surely wasn't, it was a clear 3-5-1-1 pure and simple, but with Leiva at times appearing deep in the defence next to De Vrij or with Basta or Lulic holding part in a 4 man defence at other times.

Just highlighting how unclear it was  :vcool:

As I said in the match thread, off goalkicks, we were a back four with Leiva just in front of the defence and as soon as the ball was in play, Luis Alberto was sprinting back towards goal to support. When we talk about 3-5-2, we're really talking about how the players align when the ball is not in play, and the formation didn't begin with '3'.

Admittedly, when we were 4-1 up, we changed it again and were a back three and Strakosha would hit the ball up to SMS et al. instead of playing it short.

As I've said many times, the players have instructions which make it pretty senseless to talk about formations in my opinion. Luis Alberto was very advanced when in possession, very deep when Milan had the ball, SMS has the freedom to move forward depending on the situation, the backline switch between three and four depending on who has the ball and where and so on.

Dakiller961

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2017, 09:07:06 AM »

Luis Alberto is a necessity now after his match displays. where will he fit in when Anderson is back ?

dinhochester

• LF Legend
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2017, 09:09:33 AM »

Luis Alberto is a necessity now after his match displays. where will he fit in when Anderson is back ?
Leiva's position I think. He might be rotated with Leiva for DM position.
Too many players in second strikers position once Nani and Felipe fit.

stefano_40

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2017, 09:38:59 AM »

Leiva's position I think. He might be rotated with Leiva for DM position.
Too many players in second strikers position once Nani and Felipe fit.

Personally think FA and/or Nani starts against smaller teams in that role behind Ciro. Alberto had a great game against Juve and Milan when it was a lot more open going forward, but against a team who is defending heavily a lá SPAL and Chievo, he looked somewhat more limited. This is where the pace of Felipe and Nani comes in, up top, and then Alberto drops back to replace Leiva when the presence of a ball-winning midfielder is less necessary with Sergej playing a little deeper. Against bigger teams maybe we stick with the same as yesterday, though I still can't really justify leaving Felipe on the bench..

Again, it's such a good headache to have. When everybody is fit, somebody big is being left out.
71 min: Finally a goal in this game! It's a scrappy one, but Lazio won't care. Candreva goes down the right of the box and fires a shot at Lobont. He saves the shot put can only push it to Lulic on the other side, who stabs the ball home to give Lazio the lead!!

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2017, 09:52:16 AM »

Personally think FA and/or Nani starts against smaller teams in that role behind Ciro. Alberto had a great game against Juve and Milan when it was a lot more open going forward, but against a team who is defending heavily a lá SPAL and Chievo, he looked somewhat more limited. This is where the pace of Felipe and Nani comes in, up top, and then Alberto drops back to replace Leiva when the presence of a ball-winning midfielder is less necessary with Sergej playing a little deeper. Against bigger teams maybe we stick with the same as yesterday, though I still can't really justify leaving Felipe on the bench..

I actually anticipated the opposite. Although recent games would suggest Luis Alberto is better suited to the big teams, we haven't seen Nani and Anderson this season and frankly, Milan made Immobile look like he had the creativity of Ronaldinho on steroids in his prime so how good was Luis Alberto really? We'll find out in time, I guess.

Stefano6

• LF Legend
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2017, 12:17:14 PM »

I agree, I anticipate the opposite, when Anderson and Nani are fit, they play in the high profile games for various reasons, and Alberto plays in the "easier" games.

dinhochester

• LF Legend
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2017, 01:17:23 PM »

I dont know how but the 3 back formation seems bring out the best of all our defenders including Radu, Devrij, and Wallace.
Are they more comfortable in 3 back formation?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9