Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: Serie A : SS Lazio - AC Milan 4-1 , 10/09/2017  (Read 2768 times)

blue-white

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
Re: Serie A : SS Lazio - AC Milan 4-1 , 10/09/2017
« Reply #100 on: September 13, 2017, 04:07:11 PM »

Basta, de Vrij and Radu who also ran towards Strakosha's goal and Bastos didn't react any more slowly than the other three. The difference is (a) Bastos was running faster than everyone so it took him longer to turn and (b) he ended up being the one playing Montolivo onside.

No. :vcool:
Bastos didn' run faster.
1. he was the one closest to our goal when all began to run and
2. he also started first to run

too close to our goal and starting as first of all = being in a position too far away of the others when the shot was blocked.
His instinct was to get as close as possible to our goal before an opponent is getting there after the freekick. On this point we agree. yippie... :razz:

But this all changed with the block of the shot. All players stopped. Bastos had already problems with the 2 points i mentioned .... and ... + that ... he stopped later than others.
So for this situation he had 3 points which sum up the negativity in this situation.

The team has to work on who is marking his opponent!!! This is the only point i see in this situation where the team has to work on it (because, yes....from being perfect, all were far away) - but the goal would not happened if Bastos would have done the same what the other player were doing.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #101 on: September 13, 2017, 04:20:59 PM »

I'm pretty certain Bastos was running faster... but I can't prove it  :supsmile:

the goal would not happened if Bastos would have done the same what the other player were doing.

Yes, but the goal also doesn't happen if everyone does what Bastos did  :whistle:

You are basically saying Bastos should have been able to play Montolivo offside, and my argument is that there should've been someone between Strakosha and Montolivo because for me, no one intended to play offside there.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 04:22:49 PM by Cathal »

blue-white

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #102 on: September 13, 2017, 04:56:03 PM »

in such a situation, no one plays on offside because he clearly wanted to, but if there is a block of a shot, you don't run more than you need to, because then the danger of letting an opponent being onside is higher.
It's not the same, but similar to a ball which gets cleared - everybody is running out because the offside trap. in a shot block, you try to stop. It's not a trap in this case. It's a natural gameplay. You don't want to risk to have an opponent onside so near of your own goal.
The point in this scene is, that the Milan players are doing the same because they know they can be offside then.

Ljubo1

• Aquilotto
« Reply #103 on: September 13, 2017, 07:57:54 PM »

http://www.football-italia.net/109826/lotito-%E2%80%98no-one-spoke-about-lazio%E2%80%99 Well Lotito is starting to give some smart comments lately :bravo:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]