Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Serie A : SS Lazio - AC Milan 4-1 , 10/09/2017  (Read 2769 times)

Pacattack24

• Aquilotto
Re: Serie A : SS Lazio - AC Milan 4-1 , 10/09/2017
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2017, 06:57:52 PM »

Forza Lazio! Great win. Couldn't watch the game. Was Bastos better than Wallace?

Ljubo1

• Aquilotto
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2017, 06:59:02 PM »

Who needs chinese when we have Tare :fingerup:

Giolazio

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2017, 07:10:36 PM »

Forza Lazio! Great win. Couldn't watch the game. Was Bastos better than Wallace?

Bastos was quite solid. He played Montolivo onside for the goal but it was quite unlucky that the ball fell to him.  He was pretty strong in the air too.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2017, 07:18:19 PM »

MOTM is open, go nuts !     :sciarpa05:

And the opening post has been provided with the necessary details, sorry i didn't have the time before.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 07:29:39 PM by Evesto »

Stefano6

• LF Legend
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2017, 07:25:08 PM »

Not a fan of this 2 thread per match thing, it seems a bit pointless?

Very good performance I though, I disagree that we didnt play well until we scored, I thought we were always a threat and looking to play the ball, wheras I never felt threatened by Milan. Ironically I thought their most dangerous player was Bonucci, every time he had the ball he looked to play long balls forward behind our defense.

The 3-5-2 is really working out well for us, and with Alberto and sometimes Immobile dropping back to help out it almost becomes a 3-7-0 when we dont have the ball, we really flooded the midfield and didnt give them time to do anything.

The boos everytime Biglia touched the ball were amusing.

Immobiles 2nd goal was beautiful, was right in front of me, I wish we had replays of that in the stadium!

stefano_40

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2017, 07:49:05 PM »

Quick Overview:
Strakosha was good, except for one cross-cum-shot that he didn't really know what to do with. His distribution, in terms of kick-outs, is looking very good. Picks out those big balls up to Sergej and Parolo very well.
Bastos was solid coming on, and the defence in general was very good. There was really nothing they could do about the Milan goal, but apart from that they didn't look to be under too much trouble. Radu would be my pick of them defensively, though Basta was a serious threat to Milan down the right hand side
The midfield were very industrious and worked very hard to close down and turn defence into attack, and I think that with Leiva's tackling and Alberto's vision, what Biglia brought to the team is far surpassed. Parolo missing the next game is not ideal, but I do really want to see a lot more of Murgia, so maybe this is his chance.
Up top we have an obvious man of the match here, absolutely lethal. I believe that's his first triple for us, and also put in an assist. I dare say his best game in a Lazio shirt.

I think the really encouraging thing, and actually one of two things that had a significant impact on the game, was that Alberto took the ball with his back to the goal and immediately looked to turn and move it forward. This was my major problem with Biglia, who takes the ball and distributes it backwards and to the side. I wasn't really keen on Alberto in the first two games, but I have to eat my words now, he was excellent today.

The other thing was actually a mixture of Inzaghi being a good coach, and Montella being poor. That consistent overload down the right flank was exploited time and time again by Basta. Lulic was even seen on that side to deliver the cross for our second goal. How Montella did not patch it up until they were two goals down (and it was done poorly) is beyond me, and the fact that Calabria was not subbed at half time is another shocker. 

We were excellent from 10 minutes onwards, Milan were poor. Scoreline reflects it. If we can remove that panic phase that we always get after either scoring or conceding, then I think we can shut games out a lot better and amass points that we otherwise would not have last season.

:offlag: :offlag:
71 min: Finally a goal in this game! It's a scrappy one, but Lazio won't care. Candreva goes down the right of the box and fires a shot at Lobont. He saves the shot put can only push it to Lulic on the other side, who stabs the ball home to give Lazio the lead!!

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2017, 07:49:53 PM »

Probably lot's of pro's and contra's.  It's a testfase, i'm willing to go ahead with it or try something different.
Maybe it's something to decide ones it's decided to change the setup here like Cathal mentioned in the forum topic.

eleven

• Aquilotto
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2017, 07:53:15 PM »

Same here, don't see an actual benefit of it...
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 07:55:53 PM by eleven »

Nordic

• Aquilotto
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2017, 08:02:30 PM »

Fantastico!!!  :offlag:

Amazing Performance, Bravo!  :band04:

Grande Ciro  :bravo: :bravo:

Crni Đorđe

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2017, 08:02:38 PM »

We were bit of mark at very beginning of match when our midfielders tended to press high up the pitch, got tricked into abandoning positions when our defense is not exactly agile and that produced couple of dangerous situation. When that stuff tweaked we stood up and pretty much pushed Mighty Milan into their half of field and finished first half with two goals up.

Lads have hunger in their eyes and that is what I like to see. Honorary mention to Luiz Felipe on his debut (with couple of solid tackles).
sky blue is the color
eagle and shield are symbols...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11