Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Europa League : Vitesse - SS Lazio 2-3 , 14/09/2017  (Read 1508 times)

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
Europa League : Vitesse - SS Lazio 2-3 , 14/09/2017
« on: September 14, 2017, 08:53:24 PM »

Vitesse Arnhem - SS Lazio   2-3

33' Matavz (Rashica)
51' Parolo
57' Linssen (Rashica)
67' Immobile (Caicedo)
75' Murgia

subs: Castaignos (Matavz), Colkett (Dabo), Mount (Bruns)
subs: Immobile (Luiz Felipe), Milinkovic (Di Gennaro), Lulic (Lukaku)

positional & situational reports:
https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1239043/MatchReport/Europe-UEFA-Europa-League-2017-2018-Vitesse-Lazio

highlights:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxpQoTeSYsI
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 10:38:36 PM by Evesto »

PNG

• Aquilotto
Re: UEFA Europa League: Vitesse-Lazio, Thursday, 14-09-2017
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 10:56:53 PM »

The defences in this match? I almost have no words. It is worth a study for new coaches how  not to do it. The worst is the 1-1 goal. First time in a long time I laughed after a goal. However. We are not much better.

That said. Entertaining match and I am very happy for the win. Nice will be tougher (a tad).

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
Re: Re: UEFA Europa League: Vitesse-Lazio, Thursday, 14-09-2017
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 10:57:29 PM »

So important to start with a win here, glad that they came back from something that would look like an embarrassing defeat.

The defenders really need to start working on their communication. I think it's scary we're seeing the exact same problem as last year, a bunch of defenders who seemingly are completely out of touch with each other.

Yes you can say it was a youthful mistakes by Luiz Felipe, but the other defenders were just as bad on the first goal. On the second goal I have no clue what Marusic was doing.

Thank god for Ciro..
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

Mark

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 11:00:59 PM »

Hopefully Inzaghi takes away from this game that are reserve are not up to the task (yet). Except for Caicedo, he looks like a good player. Di Genarro did nothing and Marusic was involved in two of the goals we conceded. Dunno what happened to Bastos, he looked good when he started his Lazio career, but shaky again.

LazioKosovo

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2017, 11:01:41 PM »

Great win. Lazio, once again showed maturity. It needed "brutal force" of first team to overcome this barrier. Joke aside, team played as much as needed. Needless to say, how important is to win away while being twice behind. Vitesse by no mean is weak team.

P.S.
Tare, bring Rashica to Lazio.

circleplus

• Aquilotto
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 11:07:21 PM »

Happy with the win
but the poor defense really worries me.
Marusic lost the ball in almost all the challenges and he'd better to sit outside the pitch if he can only watch rather than defend or offer good crossing.
this level of football is definitely not enough to reach CL. can't imagine how the team would be raped if the opponent was Barca tonight.

Stefano6

• LF Legend
Re: Europa League : Vitesse - SS Lazio 2-3 , 14/09/2017
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2017, 11:11:10 PM »

I said in the other thread that I was only 50% sure that our B team could get the job done, because Vitesse are not a bad team. And unfortunately I was right, because in fact it was mostly our A team that got the job done!

Poor defending from Bastos who was reckless all night, and Marusic who was just poor. Lukaku was great going forward but not so much defending.

Got to praise the spirit of the players though to regroup and come back twice.
Was pleased with Parolo, and Di Gennaro, Luis Alberto had another great game, Immobile made the obvious difference when he came on.
Very pleasantly surprised by Caicedo, played really well and deserved a goal himself (thought that turn and shot would go in)

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2017, 11:15:43 PM »

Lets not forget

No Wallace, Leiva, Felipe and Nani. 3 of those 4 are going to be in our starting 11. Then add the fact that we had more players from the starting 11 on the bench.

Only Strakosha, De vrij, Parolo and Luis Alberto are regular starters.

It would have been a clear cut win if it wasn't for some dumb errors in the defence.
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

Sile

• LF Legend
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2017, 11:15:56 PM »

Job done, moving on, great play on the second goal.
Bike to work. Work to live. Live to bike.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2017, 11:24:07 PM »

Murgia proved his worth yet again and Caicedo illustrated that he's a better player than he's been made out to be on this forum.

Marusic was borderline embarrassing on both goals, actually seemed unwilling rather than incapable and that's hard to take. Bastos showed on the second goal and on many other occasions that he can't zonal mark.

Good lessons learned and three points earned. Inzaghi will be very happy until he has to watch back the tape.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7