Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Europa League : Vitesse - SS Lazio 2-3 , 14/09/2017  (Read 1901 times)

Delta

• Aquila Senior
Re: Europa League : Vitesse - SS Lazio 2-3 , 14/09/2017
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2017, 11:25:08 PM »

For now prefer Patric over Marusic, he can be useful later maybe but our defense is fragile enough now, Bastos really frustrates me, he should be experienced enough to play much better...

Crni Đorđe

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2017, 11:26:30 PM »

That starting lineup possibly played only time in season together so it was predictable that lads might suffer bit too much because Vitesse have some technically gifted and fast players. Won't draw out too much:

- Di Gennaro lack of speed may very well make him suffer against teams that decide to play directly and sit out on their half, especially if fielded ahead of defense where I come to other line ->
- Bastos in evident problems when fielded in four-men defense (because we effectively played with four at back entire evening - Lukaku was in deep in field, while Luiz Felipe did as left back). Sometimes doesn't know where his marker is.
- Strakosha and Marusic allowed couple of (half)chances to Vitesse with hesitation and insecure.
- Caicedo pretty much in form.
- And most positive thing of evening - lads pulled back (two times) from losing position to win, on road.

It was just ordinary EL evening.
sky blue is the color
eagle and shield are symbols...

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2017, 11:34:57 PM »

Murgia proved his worth yet again and Caicedo illustrated that he's a better player than he's been made out to be on this forum.

Marusic was borderline embarrassing on both goals, actually seemed unwilling rather than incapable and that's hard to take. Bastos showed on the second goal and on many other occasions that he can't zonal mark.

Good lessons learned and three points earned. Inzaghi will be very happy until he has to watch back the tape.

More or less what i intended to put up as well, hard for anybody to disagree with this post.
I'm picking Murgia for MOTM, he deserves it.  Hardly had any minutes but proves himself here again, great job. 

The 'defence' totally embarresed me.  Marusic was like a primavera, all Bastos can do is fysically handle a player.  I sincerely hope Inzaghi won't ever change to a 4 man backline with these players, any decent team would totally trash us like this.  Nice would simply kill us. 

Wallace, De Vrij & Radu is our only decent choice.  Felipe Luiz is clearly playing above his league so that's not really a comfort either.  Tare took an enourmous gamble and it already backfired with Wallace getting injured.  The january mercato is long away .....  :roll_eyes:

Caicedo delivered like expected, Parolo always stands out in the EL, Luis Alberto was okay but made some horrible passes.  Di Gennaro was more or less solid, but less then i expected, but i won't make a fuss about that to much as he hasn't played a real game i a very long time.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 11:37:29 PM by Evesto »

Gianni Calcio

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2017, 11:59:08 PM »

Patric has to be better than Marusic he doesn't look our level horrible signing.
Immobile is on a different level incredible!
Caicdo had a decent game he played hard and just lacked the finish on a goal.

Akha

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2017, 12:01:40 AM »

Lukaku needs do improve defensively or just stick to the bench otherwise he will cost us points.
VENI VIDI LULIĆ

dinhochester

• LF Legend
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2017, 12:05:59 AM »

Watching our 2nd goal make me happy. Very beautiful goal.

dinhochester

• LF Legend
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2017, 12:11:11 AM »

Is Murgia a forward or midfielder?
He went forward even higher than Sergej and more often than Sergej.
love how he use his body to protect the ball in his goal. Smart move.

Vitesse goals both are quite similar.

Nass

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2017, 12:34:08 AM »

To win despite poor performance is an indication of strength. What really annoys me though is that our players don't put pressure at all on whoever holds the ball which always seem to allow the opponents to advance giving them too much time creating dangerous chances in front of Strakosha. I've seen this every game this season. 351 is great against tougher teams that holds the ball much more then us but when we play a weaker side that let us hold possession then 433 with high pressure is way more favourable. This has to improve quickly if we're about to survive on three fronts. We can't depend on Ciro and SMS every game. In all honesty I don't see how Caicedo is much better than Dorde or how Luiz Felipe Ramos and Marusic are preferred ahead of Patric.
Anyhow I'm very happy to see Murgia step up once again and he has to get my vote. Great to go back with 3 points!
 :offlag:

Silindeee

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2017, 02:24:43 AM »

Maurusic and bastos terrible defending . Both goals could be avoided. What i take from this match is our spirit , never give up and sucrifice for each other. Really positive signs from Murgia and Caicedo.

dinhochester

• LF Legend
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2017, 02:50:37 AM »

Bastos is bad in this match.
He looks like a confused man.
He has a capability but something is wrong with his play.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7