Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Serie A: Genoa-Lazio, Sunday, 17-09-2017  (Read 1676 times)

LaziAli

• LF Mods
  • Maestrelli son's
Serie A: Genoa-Lazio, Sunday, 17-09-2017
« on: September 14, 2017, 11:01:25 PM »

:offlag: :offlag: :offlag:
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 10:50:38 PM by LaziAli »
Unity in Diversity

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
Re: Serie A: Genoa-Lazio, Sunday, 17-09-2017
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 11:42:13 AM »

No one care about this game, no?  :supsmile:

First things first, I think Inzaghi will consider resting both de Vrij and Luis Alberto. Both have stamina issues and while I have no doubt they'll get 90 minutes, I'm not convinced either will be 100%.

Genoa have quite a few key players set to miss the game and under normal circumstances, I'd be confident. It will be be interesting to see what team lines out and in what condition.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see Caicedo instead of Luis Alberto.

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 11:43:01 AM »

Genoa is danger at home.
 I hope that they have respect for point that we gives them last season and big respect for all of what we did for them  :supsmile:
 3 points will be great motivation before the match vs Napoli.

Stefano6

• LF Legend
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 11:49:12 AM »

Games against Genoa are always weird.. on paper we should beat them confortably every time, but they always seem to give us issues, especially at the Marassi.

Still, were on a high now, they are going to miss Lapadula, I think the safe money is on a Lazio win and Immobile to score!

Crni Đorđe

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2017, 11:57:13 AM »

Well, Lazio are the club against whom Genoa nabbed biggest number of victories and scored goals in Italy.   :wow:
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 12:01:56 PM by Crni Đorđe »
sky blue is the color
eagle and shield are symbols...

Akha

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2017, 12:07:30 PM »

Well, they used to be the big guys. Not that I was around back then to know that  :razz:
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 02:20:17 AM by Akha »
VENI VIDI LULIĆ

stefano_40

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2017, 12:33:14 PM »

First things first, I think Inzaghi will consider resting both de Vrij and Luis Alberto. Both have stamina issues and while I have no doubt they'll get 90 minutes, I'm not convinced either will be 100%.

Genoa have quite a few key players set to miss the game and under normal circumstances, I'd be confident. It will be be interesting to see what team lines out and in what condition.

I think it would be weird for Caicedo's performance on Thursday night not to have Inzaghi interested in a real top 2 pairing ie. A target man and a poacher.

Quite obvious that a back 4 can't be used effectively, at least until Wallace is back maybe. De Vrij, Bastos and Leiva maybe as the back three, while Basta and Lulic probably retain their positions on the flanks. Murgia and Di Gennaro in midfield maybe, with
Sergej behind Ciro and Caicedo. Probably the most appropriate XI to field, taking resting, suspension and injuries into consideration, though I think we would miss a ball winning midfielder in this game.

The Vitesse game was actually reassuring in the fact that now we know that Di Gennaro and Caicedo are more than deadwood, and even that Murgia could start a game and be very effective. On the flip side, we do know that Luis Felipe is some ways off becoming a regular starter, but could be a decent back up, and that if De Vrij gets injured we are royally ****ed.
71 min: Finally a goal in this game! It's a scrappy one, but Lazio won't care. Candreva goes down the right of the box and fires a shot at Lobont. He saves the shot put can only push it to Lulic on the other side, who stabs the ball home to give Lazio the lead!!

dinhochester

• LF Legend
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2017, 01:47:19 PM »

Genoa uses 3 back formation and might be tough to crack.
inzaghi might need to adjust his tactic.
i dont want spal game repeat.
My preferred lineup:

Strakosha
            Bastos Devrij Radu
Basta Parolo Leiva Sergej Lulic
             Caicedo Immobile

Should be able change to 442 if needed

Strakosha
Basta Devrij Radu Lulic
Marusic Leiva Sergej Lukaku
      Caicedo Immobile
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 03:27:51 AM by dinhochester »

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2017, 01:51:28 PM »

Alberto has been full games recently and that's completely new to him, it would be strange if he's still 100%.  Altough it wasnt quit visable on thursday.  He kind of looks thesame on the field whenever.

If not him then yes Caicedo is the only option as Nani is according to the latest news still a week away from being close to ready.  Inzaghi could bring Alberto later on when needed. 

Murgia being named as the starter to replace Parolo, and rightly so.  Don't know about De Vrij but seeing our already tight situation at the back i would play safe.  Di Gennaro deserves more minutes i think.

Maybe Bastos, Leiva and Radu at the back.  Basta, Murgia, Di Gennaro, Sergej and Lulic.  Caicedo and Ciro as duo.
Not a bad lineup at all.

stefano_40

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2017, 02:58:27 PM »

Alberto has been full games recently and that's completely new to him, it would be strange if he's still 100%.  Altough it wasnt quit visable on thursday.  He kind of looks thesame on the field whenever.

If not him then yes Caicedo is the only option as Nani is according to the latest news still a week away from being close to ready.  Inzaghi could bring Alberto later on when needed. 

Murgia being named as the starter to replace Parolo, and rightly so.  Don't know about De Vrij but seeing our already tight situation at the back i would play safe.  Di Gennaro deserves more minutes i think.

Maybe Bastos, Leiva and Radu at the back.  Basta, Murgia, Di Gennaro, Sergej and Lulic.  Caicedo and Ciro as duo.
Not a bad lineup at all.

Guess Radu is ok then, any news on Wallace injury?
71 min: Finally a goal in this game! It's a scrappy one, but Lazio won't care. Candreva goes down the right of the box and fires a shot at Lobont. He saves the shot put can only push it to Lulic on the other side, who stabs the ball home to give Lazio the lead!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9