Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Serie A : Genoa CFC - SS Lazio 2-3 , 17/09/2017  (Read 1339 times)

dinhochester

• LF Legend
Re: Serie A : Genoa CFC - SS Lazio 2-3 , 17/09/2017
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2017, 07:55:18 AM »

I think lesson learnt that Leiva should not be a central defender.
Much better put in Luiz Felipe or any real central defender.
The 26 million was not put into good use.

Is Sergej also good at taking free kick? A complete player?
Caicedo seems not very good at finishing? Often misses the target.

2-3 again. This time not Murgia scoring the 3rd goal.
We are lucky because of Gentiletti error and the ball went in after hitting the post.
Immobile 1st goal remind me of Murgia's supercoppa goal though.

hamid

• LF Legend
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2017, 08:05:48 AM »

:beer:

we breathe LAZIO

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2017, 09:11:02 AM »

I really wonder if the people who say "we were lucky" really watched the game. To be honest, like in the game against Vitesse, we were way better and we should have won easily. We made it ourselves difficult for us and we could have been unlucky to lose points here. But in the end it was a pretty comfortable win.

I think Immobile is really the striker we missed for the past years. I hope he stays with us more than 2 seasons (so far he never stayed put more than that). I like the player Luis Alberto is becoming - a Felipe with brains and solutions, controls the game and can push the team forward. Nice to see that Caicedo is moving good - as soon as he will start scoring, he will become even more useful. Lukaku also worked hard on the wing.

The defense is as usual a problem - bad idea to bring Leiva in the center if you ask me. but maybe also Bastos was going too high up and was leaving a huge space for Leiva to cover.

jovo

• Aquilotto
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2017, 09:23:15 AM »

I know that genoa is a steping stone for us no matter how strong we are, but this genoa is weak we had to close it in half time(but i liked how we control the game for the first 45min). I am really concerned about our defence, if we play in this way with napoli they will ruin us. I think that this was the worst display for De vrij.

Stefano6

• LF Legend
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2017, 09:47:37 AM »

Genoa is never easy for us, they are something of a bogey team for a lot of the league, especially at home, so even though I dont really blame ourselves for their goals, I expected the game to be tougher than it should be on paper.

As Gio said, I cant really point the finger at anyone for their goals, the 2nd I think maybe we could have done better, maybe Strakosha could have saved it, but those balls are awkward to deal with and its as much luck for them as it was bad luck for us. On another day that ball misses everyone, or it flies miles over the bar.

Whats important though is the spirit the team had again. In past seasons, we would have lost that game as soon as Genoa equalised. But under Inzaghi, especially at the minute, we have a great attitude and it shows in every player.

That said, we need to tighten the defence. Spirit and attitude alone wont beat the likes of Juve and Napoli.

Sile

• LF Legend
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2017, 09:57:09 AM »

Gentiletti played better matches for us since he's been playing for Genoa than when he was here :D
Bike to work. Work to live. Live to bike.

dinhochester

• LF Legend
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2017, 10:42:08 AM »

Just realize that Pellegri who scores the 2 goals is just 16 years old.
He is breaking a record by scoring those goals.

Amir

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2017, 10:49:59 AM »

Just realize that Pellegri who scores the 2 goals is just 16 years old.
He is breaking a record by scoring those goals.

Yeah, one of the top 2-3 youngest players to have ever debuted in Serie A. Born in 2001 damn it!
AVE LAZIO - Popolus tuus te acclamat

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2017, 11:00:27 AM »

Much to comment on with this game.

First things first, we played Europa League three days ago and have Napoli on Wednesday. If we don't want to fall victim to the schedule then we must kill off games when we have the opportunity. We put ourselves in the perfect position but collectively didn't do enough to capitalise on the situation.

The focus is wrongly on de Vrij et al. on the first goal. When you play with six midfielders - four in the centre - it is unacceptable that Genoa can get from their goal to our goal as easily as they did.

Almost certain de Vrij came off after 60 minutes or so because that was always the plan (he's played too many minutes for him and Inzaghi is aware judging from what he's said) and the goal we conceded shows we could lose with de Vrij and the final result proves we can win without him. Leiva can play at the back, but his limitations make him an unconventional libero and it showed on the second goal.

There comes a point where you have to ask if our central defenders are collectively not good enough or if Inzaghi isn't adept in organising a defence and we're at that point. I've always leaned towards the former.

But we shouldn't absolve guilt from midfield and attack. They needed to do more to avoid placing us in such a perilous position and to have any chance whatsoever against Napoli, they need to up it. Ciro is in dazzling form but his goalscoring exploits are somewhat indicative of others not offering enough themselves. Nani and Anderson would be a welcome shot in the arm.

Biggest plus? We did what we failed to do against SPAL - we found a way to win - and that's progress.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 11:02:24 AM by Cathal »

blue-white

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2017, 11:46:16 AM »

good sum up. nothing more to add here. :supsmile: - i agree with every point. that's weird... :razz:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5