Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Serie A : Genoa CFC - SS Lazio 2-3 , 17/09/2017  (Read 1499 times)

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
Re: Serie A : Genoa CFC - SS Lazio 2-3 , 17/09/2017
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2017, 12:22:50 PM »

Some press calling Inzaghi the new Eriksson, talking Scudetto and claiming this Lazio is unable to loose.
I wish they'd shut their yap and hope none of our players even consider thinking about this.  :roll_eyes:
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 12:58:19 PM by Evesto »

Ljubo1

• Aquilotto
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2017, 12:45:21 PM »

With all due respect but why not aiming on a highest levels. I don't see anything wrong with that. But comparing Inzaghi to Eriksson is a bit off. We score much more under Simone but also we recive much more goals.  :supsmile: Go for scudetto. :scarfup:

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2017, 12:55:01 PM »

With all due respect but why not aiming on a highest levels. I don't see anything wrong with that. But comparing Inzaghi to Eriksson is a bit off. We score much more under Simone but also we recive much more goals.  :supsmile: Go for scudetto. :scarfup:

You don't think i'd want that?  :twinkle:
But to say this now or aim for it could totally disrupt the group, wich have players that aren't equipped or experienced to deal wich such expectations.  It could be devistating if any of them at some point during the season set their sights on that.  Luckely Inzaghi won't be a coach risking to claim such expectation.

Besides all the press wants with such 'claims' is to undermine us because most of them will probably be Milanese or Juve fans.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 12:59:48 PM by Evesto »

Stefano6

• LF Legend
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2017, 01:00:17 PM »

With respect to the players, if they cant deal with high expectations the they shouldnt be playing at Lazio, its renown as a demanding and harsh environment.

All players will dream of lo scudetto, but they are also professionals so they will know that while we are wining at the moment, there are 34 games left of the season and a lot can change.

If we are within the top teams at Christmas, then im sure they will start to give it more serious thought, and why shouldnt they?

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2017, 01:09:43 PM »

With respect to the players, if they cant deal with high expectations the they shouldnt be playing at Lazio, its renown as a demanding and harsh environment.

Deal with high expectations yes, especially in Rome.
But scudetto ambitions that's something else.  If that would be in ours sights at some point even Parolo would struggle mentally at times, it would be something new for him.

Anyhow i don't even want to consider this.  I might with a better defence and the current 'lesser' Juve, but with Napoli in topshape it's still an illussion.  A CL spot, that would be crazy enough achievement already, i'll keep that in mind when the season continues in a good way.

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2017, 04:03:53 PM »

Let's take it game by game. Napoli will be a real test considering their attack and our defense. If we beat them, I start believing that a CL place is not really out of the question. If not, it's just another EL spot season in my opinion. But anyway - 5 wins and 1 draw in first 6 games of the season is not bad at all, considering that our most creative players (Felipe and Nani) are injured.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2017, 04:24:54 PM »

Let's take it game by game. Napoli will be a real test considering their attack and our defense. If we beat them, I start believing that a CL place is not really out of the question. If not, it's just another EL spot season in my opinion. But anyway - 5 wins and 1 draw in first 6 games of the season is not bad at all, considering that our most creative players (Felipe and Nani) are injured.

That's true, the fact that Lazio scored that much without them is impressive, it required big changes in play wich Inzaghi found how to apply.  We can only improve once 1 or 2 of them are back.

dinhochester

• LF Legend
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2017, 01:51:38 AM »

And apparently Pellegri's dad is Genoa manager and he cried when his son scored.
What a match this was for their family.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2017, 03:38:10 AM »

A remark was made in the Adam Marusic topic that he was to responsible for letting Zukanovic cross leading in the 2nd Genoa goal.

I didn't mention this previously here in my matchpost but i want to share my remark on this in this matchtopic as well :

That however i totally disagree with.  Marusic was most likely instructed to cover Laxalt while Genoa was in possession, and that's clearly what he was doing at the time.  Laxalt was in front of him and Marusic had his eye on him closely if Zukanovic would have passed to him instead of making the cross.  Luis Alberto was the closest one to Zukanovic.  Alberto neglects Zukanovic, wich is very visable on the highlights.  If Marusic would have closed down Zukanovic and this one would have decided to pass to Laxalt instead at the last moment, people would be saying that Adam left his man and was responsible if Pellegri would have scored on a cross from Laxalt.  In this case he was not, Marusic was doing his job at the time.  He has had his flaws here but we cannot blame him for this.  Luis Alberto did not close down Zukanovic and Leiva let Pellegrini slip away.  Marusic made the tackle that started the situation but immediatly took back position to cover Laxalt.  For me the goal is mostly on Alberto who could have closed things down with running 2 yards towards Zukanovic.  Some might argue their was another Genoa player on the other side of Alberto but we hade a defender in front of him and Lulic closeby.

http://www.goalsarena.org/en/video/italy-serie-a/17-09-2017-genoa-lazio.html

Mostly praise for Alberto's passing game and presence all over wich i can agree with, he's done good, also from the coach but as a central midfielder one has to defend also.  If it were Ciro there all of a sudden i might be less strict but in this case he should have done his job.

dinhochester

• LF Legend
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2017, 07:47:14 AM »

Does anyone know why Ciro celebrate when scoring his first goal against Genoa?
He used to not celebrate when scoring against his former teams.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 07:49:17 AM by dinhochester »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5