Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17

Author Topic: Serie A: Lazio-Napoli, Wednesday, 20-09-2017  (Read 2234 times)

dinhochester

• LF Legend
Re: Serie A: Lazio-Napoli, Wednesday, 20-09-2017
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2017, 02:29:13 AM »

I have high hope for Bastos in this match.
And i think he can beat insigne in this match.
He is actually a player with great capability.
If Bastos play well, we will have high chance to win this.

Akha

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2017, 03:05:20 AM »

Genoa & Vitesse were different.  Vitesse came 1-0 ahead so lazio were required to go forward wich leaves space.  Genoa weren't going to come forward either if we didn't so, same issue.  Napoli will move forward as they want the points, every point counts for the scudettto.

Well, again you're right but I believe the quality of our game in this aspect left much to be desired (or maybe not that much but still) even when the score was 0-0. I'm just afraid that Napoli would be quicker to punish us and exploit our lapses in focus more than our previous opponents because of their quality (but with luck, won't). But yeah, I agree that tonight the roles will be reversed (unless we go out with some Piolicidal approach) and hopefully we play a really good game.
VENI VIDI LULIĆ

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2017, 03:12:02 AM »

Genoa & Vitesse were different.  Vitesse came 1-0 ahead so lazio were required to go forward wich leaves space.  Genoa weren't going to come forward either if we didn't so, same issue.  Napoli will move forward as they want the points, every point counts for the scudettto.

Well, again you're right but I believe the quality of our game in this aspect left much to be desired (or maybe not that much but still) even when the score was 0-0. I'm just afraid that Napoli would be quicker to punish us and exploit our lapses in focus more than our previous opponents because of their quality (but with luck, won't). But yeah, I agree that tonight the roles will be reversed (unless we go out with some Piolicidal approach) and hopefully we play a really good game.

Yes this Napoli is probably the most dangerous opponent in the league to finish of lapses in focus.
We'll need a very good game.  We'll need to be better then when facing Juve or Milan before.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2017, 08:38:16 AM »

I have high hope for Bastos in this match.
And i think he can beat insigne in this match.
He is actually a player with great capability.
If Bastos play well, we will have high chance to win this.

There is a suggestion that Bastos could be dropped with Basta taking his place at right centre-back and Marusic taking Basta's place on the wing. It's not likely, but it has been mentioned as a possibility in the media so that idea must be coming out of Formello somehow.

Worth noting that de Vrij has barely trained in the last couple of days. He's expected to start, but personally, I wouldn't be too confident of him getting 90 minutes.

dinhochester

• LF Legend
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2017, 09:28:53 AM »

Napoli will kill us on our right side if that is true.

blue-white

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2017, 10:25:37 AM »

i would say this depends on how our defensive midifield players will play.

If Parolo closes the right side too, it will be difficult for Insigne. Parolo is fit, not tired and 90 minutes on moving.

Key will also be Leiva who has to do a massive job in front of the defense. And SMS has to win the midfield vs Hamsik.

I would say - if those 3 players do an amazing job, Napoli will have problems against us - for sure - difficult for our players, because the quality of their midfield is very high.
Both teams have a big morale, hope our fans will push us massive.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 10:27:23 AM by blue-white »

Amir

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2017, 10:32:53 AM »

Napoli will kill us on our right side if that is true.

Listen, Napoli can`t surprise Lazio. Their style of play is known. They are quick, compact and solid all over the pitch. They know each other as they played for few seasons together.

Having said that, it is up to Inzaghi do device a plan and then to the players to stick to that plan.
AVE LAZIO - Popolus tuus te acclamat

dinhochester

• LF Legend
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2017, 10:44:12 AM »

Sergej is better than any of Napoli midfielder isnt he?
The problem is when those Napoli midfielder joint together, then our midfield might be slightly weaker.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2017, 10:51:52 AM »

Sergej is better than any of Napoli midfielder isnt he?

I think few would regard him as better than Hamsik and Jorginho, and personally, I'd prefer Allan and Zielinski at this point also.

blue-white

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2017, 11:00:51 AM »

I would not prefer any of them, because i'm happy with SMS, but Hamsik is a class better than him.
Jorginho is someone i would have loved to join us before we bought Biglia. Allan is sometimes great, sometimes...., same goes for Zielinski. But for sure, they are all strong.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17