Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Serie A : SS Lazio - SSC Napoli 1-4 , 20/09/2017  (Read 1297 times)

christ_JM

• Aquila Imperiale
Re: Serie A : SS Lazio - SSC Napoli 1-4 , 20/09/2017
« Reply #70 on: September 22, 2017, 05:24:09 AM »

He gives us a foul, buy only a yellow card to Reina who made the foul outside of the box. A clear scoring chance and a red card for sure. I wasn't sure whether it was actually a foul, from one angle it looked like he got the ball first, but it doesn't really matter. That had to be a red card since the ref already called it.

Unfortunately it does matter, since under new rules introduced last year, a goalkeeper cannot be sent off if he makes a genuine attempt to play the ball.

It was the right decision, sadly.

This rule is open to abuse and was abused by Reina.

He made it seem as if he was making a genuine attempt knowing that he was going to foul Immobile.

That is not what the rule was brought in for.
Laziale!

chandraicang

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #71 on: September 22, 2017, 08:15:07 AM »

Here I am coming out of the rain

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZTLjEahIJo/
To cover a football pitch there is no better formation than a 4-3-3

BelgioSSL

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #72 on: September 22, 2017, 12:54:08 PM »

I think last time I was so disappointed with a loss was after the Rome derby in 2015.

It's been that long. If we lose when the team has a bad day or just doesn't have enough quality compared to the opponent I am able to put a loss into perspective.

However, wednesday our first half was excellent and we deserved to be in front. Then we lose some defenders due to injury, Napoli turns the game around out of nowhere in a few crazy minutes and game over. Now that's frustrating.

P.S. I never complain about referees, please check my previous posts when in doubt, but this time I wll. Reina should have been red-carded twice at the Olimpico, first when he causes a penalty which wasn't given and then when he takes down Immobile who was clean through.

Now, on to Verona and hopefully we'll recuperate some of the luck we did not get against Napoli.
Favourite Laziali: S. Inzaghi, O. Dabo, S. Mauri.

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2017, 10:12:04 AM »

No matter the deep lose at the end, I think that this match shows that we can fight for CL or more.
 Without two starters (FA-Wallaca) - not considering Nani as the starting 11 player we outplayed them in first half. Without mentioned referee mistakes.
 WE lose Bastos after 20 min and we started second half without complete defensive line (last 15 min with 10 players) and they "show great football" after our injuries.
 I hope at Sao Paoulo we will be complete and they will be without Calejon-Koulibaly ....and lets see how will ended.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]