Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Serie A : Hellas Verona - SS Lazio 0-3 , 24/09/2017  (Read 1191 times)

Crni Đorđe

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
Re: Serie A : Hellas Verona - SS Lazio 0-3 , 24/09/2017
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2017, 07:55:52 PM »

Given that we regularly tend to **** up this kind of matches, brave win and nice performances.

Regarding Marusic, I'm very glad he managed to score and he is what proved to be in this match - everything but not fullback.
sky blue is the color
eagle and shield are symbols...

Boksic

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2017, 08:04:37 PM »

Good match overall against arguably the weakest side together with Benevento.

We were pretty average in the first half. The penalty was a gift, as it was pretty much a lost ball already. The second goal was a brilliant solo from Immobile. The second half we came to life. Lukaku was immense, he was tearing them appart, his deep crosses where very dangerous. Great assist from Immobile for Marusic's goal. Marusic I tought was very good with his late runs into the box, reminds me a bit of Kolarov in his first season here.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2017, 08:37:41 PM »

Ciro gets the vote with Marusic right behind. Big praise to Patric who never let Kean through and demonstrates good versatility and grinta despite first game of the season for him and on "wrong" position. Luiz Felipe should be preferred ahead of anyone as cb against Zulte as he didn't screw up today and I don't imagine them being much far better than Verona. Verona is weak but lads did their job perfectly and are well up to the task on Thursday.

Zulte is better then Verona moving forward, no doubt about that.  Our defence will be tested much more then against Verona.  In defence they aren't much better.

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2017, 10:04:47 PM »

As expected, this crisis was much ado about nothing. Our team is strong enough to handle the 3 games until the international break even without de vrij, felipe or bastos. Might even be that Mauricio won't get any minutes - Luis Felipe can use the experience and he does a good job. Lukaku and Marusic are gonna do good against "less strong" teams, they have power and speed. They might not be strong defensively, but they when we attack they are very useful. Nice work by Patric - the kid proves to be more useful than I thought. What a player we have in Immobile. Hope he stays with us long, but I am really afraid that we won't keep him for more than 2 years unless we make it to CL...37 goals in 49 games for us. He will catch Signori soon...
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 10:07:12 PM by drazvan »

dinhochester

• LF Legend
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2017, 01:48:05 AM »

Good job by inzaghi on guiding patric as central defender.
patric did a great job as drc for his first game in serie a.
defence was really organized. Bravo.
Luiz felipe is also great and confidence in holding the ball.
i am still not convinced in luis alberto effectiveness in attack.
Please keep using back 3 formation.
Do we need Sergej, Felipe, Keita, Devrij, Nani, Neto, Jordao, Bastos, Wallace, Biglia?
We need Inzaghi the most.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 01:51:43 AM by dinhochester »

christ_JM

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2017, 03:50:27 AM »

Good job by inzaghi on guiding patric as central defender.
patric did a great job as drc for his first game in serie a.
defence was really organized. Bravo.
Luiz felipe is also great and confidence in holding the ball.
i am still not convinced in luis alberto effectiveness in attack.
Please keep using back 3 formation.
Do we need Sergej, Felipe, Keita, Devrij, Nani, Neto, Jordao, Bastos, Wallace, Biglia?
We need Inzaghi the most.

Alberto needs to work on his finishing, but honestly, we have not had a type of player with his composure and touch since Mauri. Yes, we have had better players who are more likely to beat a man Anderson, Keita etc but they lacked composure.

I cannot wait for Alberto to start flicking the ball out to Anderson/Nani coupled with Immobile. I stopped watching EPL when Villa were relegated so I knew nothing about Alberto and I listened to this forum and my mind was warned to expect very little from Alberto. However, for me, he has been a joy to watch.
Laziale!

christ_JM

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2017, 03:53:01 AM »

As expected, this crisis was much ado about nothing. Our team is strong enough to handle the 3 games until the international break even without de vrij, felipe or bastos. Might even be that Mauricio won't get any minutes - Luis Felipe can use the experience and he does a good job. Lukaku and Marusic are gonna do good against "less strong" teams, they have power and speed. They might not be strong defensively, but they when we attack they are very useful. Nice work by Patric - the kid proves to be more useful than I thought. What a player we have in Immobile. Hope he stays with us long, but I am really afraid that we won't keep him for more than 2 years unless we make it to CL...37 goals in 49 games for us. He will catch Signori soon...

I expected Napoli to score in the 2nd half and then the game could have finished 1-1, 2-1 or 1-2. However, the injuries to De Vrij AND Bastos meant that those results could never happen. The injuries of course affected the Napoli outcome which is a pity when you look at the table.

Laziale!

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2017, 08:50:19 AM »

Not much to add to what has already been said. Comfortable win which suggests this injury crisis should have no more of an impact on results than it did on Wednesday night with Napoli. The gulf in quality between ourselves and Verona is simply massive.

Immobile is in the form of his life and while the operative word there is 'form', there's no sign of it ending. Marusic obviously had a stellar game too but it's not in attack where the concerns lie and 95% of games he plays in our shirt will be more testing from him defensively.

I saw some discussion of us losing control when we took off Luis Alberto. I think what Luis Alberto gives this team is the potential to keep possession in advanced areas and since he's constantly on the field, it's impossible to know what we can and can't do with or without him.

But I think we lost control of the game because we chose to. We've a game on Thursday and with a three goal lead, we didn't need to make the running when we started using subs. Even our subs would've been going out there thinking about Thursday and making sure they didn't get hurt or fatigued unnecessarily.

blue-white

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2017, 12:03:15 PM »

Good game by our team. Really liked how we reacted after the Napoli game. Would have been real bad if we would have struggled there.

The right opponent at the right time. They managed to get a draw vs. Sampdoria who are not in bad shape too at the moment. So i expected to see a stronger Hellas, but that didn't happen.

I really liked Luiz Felipe, who did on 1 on 1 situation all right. Looked very calm, very organized, but it was Hellas Verona....
So, i would like to see him play vs. a better, a stronger team. If he manages to play like this again, i would see him as the perfect player who can challenge Wallace for a first team spot. BUT...as i said...it was Hellas...we need to see him in another game. All i wanna say is that his basics are looking good - defender moving, skill, positioning gameplay - i liked it.
Also wanna mention that it also helped him to have Leiva in front of him. That was a game where it was easy to see how good someone like Leiva can be for la Lazio.

Best player again Ciro. Incredible form he has in the moment.

Looking forward to see again many players from the bench on thursday too.
And then looking forward for the game vs. Sassuolo with hopefully Felipe Luiz next to De Vrij.

Ljubo1

• Aquilotto
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2017, 07:52:47 PM »

http://www.football-italia.net/110412/serie-team-week-6 3 players in first 11. Marušič and Felipe Luiz are in it.  :bravo: Forza Inzaghi
Pages: 1 [2] 3