Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Europa League: Lazio-Zulte Waregem, Thursday, 28-09-2017  (Read 2546 times)

Danish-Laziofan

• Aquila Imperiale
Re: Europa League: Lazio-Zulte Waregem, Thursday, 28-09-2017
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2017, 09:03:18 AM »

I cant understand why lukaku cant play all 90 minutes. Its the same as last year. Is he never fit ? Or he will never be?

Same here. It's his second season in Italy and he cannot play a full match. Quite confusing tbh.

You guys have to remember he got an injury going into the summer vacation and first got to be training late July / start August. So he's been building up form all summer and first now match fitness. He started at 30 minutes pr. game and now against Verona got 60 minutes. That's improvement.
Please, take a minute at www.sslazio.dk . If there are other Scandinavian brothers who want to join, feel free!! We all understand each other anyway.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2017, 02:16:30 PM »

You guys have to remember he got an injury going into the summer vacation and first got to be training late July / start August. So he's been building up form all summer and first now match fitness. He started at 30 minutes pr. game and now against Verona got 60 minutes. That's improvement.

That's certainly a factor to take into consideration, but Parolo was in the same situation and played 90 minutes in the Supercoppa, which was over 6 weeks ago. It stuck in my mind that Dr Rodia said "Lukaku will be ready for the Supercoppa".

Missing out on pre-season does not fully explain what is going on with Lukaku.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2017, 09:57:38 PM »

Coach Dury said tonight Zulte is starting with the best 11 and will attack as always.
And as we are seemingly going with more of a C team then a B team i'm not all that confident.

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2017, 11:28:59 PM »

It will be interesting to see our line-up.
 Injuries,older players need a rest, sassoulo after three days....
 Great chance for Di genaro-Caicedo.......
 Lets just took 3 points with our B team.

blue-white

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2017, 08:40:17 AM »

perfect if they attack ... we will have spaces for our attack.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2017, 09:04:41 AM »

perfect if they attack ... we will have spaces for our attack.

I know that's when we are at our best we have no idea how our 'new and temporarly' defence will take this, and also a put to together formation for this game.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2017, 09:34:49 AM »

I'm curious as to why you are so worried, Evesto. They lost 1-5 at home to Nice. It would be disappointing to drop points here with any team. Yes, they're probably better than Hellas and we will probably field a weaker team than we did in Verona, but I think we're going to have to play pretty poorly and they're going to have to play very well for this not to be another three points for us.

torsten

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2017, 10:31:39 AM »

If we think about it like this. Marusic is probably better than all of their players. Marusic will not be our most important player against them. Which would suggest our team should be a lot better than them, even with a weakened team.

This is a 100% must win game. Basta.  :offlag:
Alessandro Nesta, Fernando Couto, Stefano Fiore, Tommaso Rocchi, Stefano Mauri, Giuseppe Biava, Federico Marchetti, Danilo Cataldi, Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, Simone Inzaghi, Ciro Immobile

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2017, 10:36:17 AM »

I'm curious as to why you are so worried, Evesto. They lost 1-5 at home to Nice. It would be disappointing to drop points here with any team. Yes, they're probably better than Hellas and we will probably field a weaker team than we did in Verona, but I think we're going to have to play pretty poorly and they're going to have to play very well for this not to be another three points for us.

Well of course i have to admit i wouldn't be that concerned if it wasn't a Belgian team.  I'm the only Laziale in my social life and my workenviremont, so for once ... all eyes on me of course  :twinkle:.
I guess i'm a little disappointed it's not going to be the best 11 versus the best 11 so the quality difference could really be very visable.

But besides this sidenote, i taped the game against Nice they lost 1-5 to watch afterwords and the numbers don't give a real accurate view on the match.  Nice had about 7 chances and they scored 5.  Zulte had at least 4 open chances and sadly only scored 1.  Nice was clearly more then a level higher when seeing them play but Zulte had the motivation and intensity to still play their game and also kept trying when trailing 3 to 4 goals.  Due to that an endresult of 1 goal difference in favour of Nice would have given the more correct view on that game. 

I have huge respect for Dury.  Each season he has to let go of several well performing players and start over with a new starting 11 more or less.  But every time he gets things up and running again quickly.  Good with groups and players, a motivator. 

Like you said it should normally be a win, even for a Lazio B team.  But the thing is we saw how they wen't into the Vitesse game, if Inzaghi thinks Zulte Waregem will be easier he might be suprised.

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2017, 05:09:25 PM »

Zulte might be weaker then us but they are not to be underestimated. We have to play the best we can and not allow them to score like Vitesse did. Would like to see Murgia, Lukaku, Marusic, Di Genarro and Palombi. Still, this sounds like too many changes and I do not think it is smart to risk anything.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8