Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Your football playing career  (Read 1246 times)

Danish-Laziofan

• Aquila Imperiale
Re: Your football playing career
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2017, 06:38:27 PM »

Some very interesting stuff reading about you guys. @lazioserbia: My uncle played for FK Rad Beograd back in the 70's or 80's. Can't remember exactly. Thought it was fun to share as you've played for OFK :-)

I havn't had the biggest career, but I have a short fun story:

I grew up in Rome when I was a kid and I went to Marymount International School and in the breaks we would play in the football yard. There I got to play against Roberto Mancini's son who also went to the school, although he was a couple of years older then me.

Never really got to bond with the kid (I was 6-9 years old when I was there) but I remember being a huge Mancini fan back then and said hi to him when he came to pick up his son.

So yeah, I had my way paved to Formello but blew it up  :beer:
Please, take a minute at www.sslazio.dk . If there are other Scandinavian brothers who want to join, feel free!! We all understand each other anyway.

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2017, 07:06:47 PM »

Some very interesting stuff reading about you guys. @lazioserbia: My uncle played for FK Rad Beograd back in the 70's or 80's. Can't remember exactly. Thought it was fun to share as you've played for OFK :-)

I havn't had the biggest career, but I have a short fun story:

I grew up in Rome when I was a kid and I went to Marymount International School and in the breaks we would play in the football yard. There I got to play against Roberto Mancini's son who also went to the school, although he was a couple of years older then me.

Never really got to bond with the kid (I was 6-9 years old when I was there) but I remember being a huge Mancini fan back then and said hi to him when he came to pick up his son.

So yeah, I had my way paved to Formello but blew it up  :beer:

That's crazy because my father went on a trial in Denmark  :razz:  he played for some club before becoming a rally driver, also in Denmark.

And he escaped from his wedding in Serbia and went to Copenhagen, that's how he ended up there in the first place  :razz:

Giolazio

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2017, 11:05:50 PM »

I guess this is a good time as any to come clean. I am not from Argentina, that was just my online character I created when I first joined the online football world. It was done specifically for safety reasons (thanks dad).

Holy sh*t Val! I've known you in the forum for years and years... :wow: Glad you've come clean!  :supsmile:

Crni Đorđe

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2017, 11:42:03 PM »

Played 5-a-side with friends in neighbourhood from age of 10 and our group remain solid until very this days, but now not really so often as we were kids (many went to other towns for work or study, but occasionally make reunions. 

While in school, never took part in some football school because never really intended to push more seriously in football and already had membership in track and field elementary school team and that stayed my first love when sport is in question through this days. But played bit in school (though never excelled in technical sense, but as someone who never stopped running always came handy and had my spot in school yard team). In elementary had opportunity to play often with Sasa Lukic, last year Torino player, who grew up as one of my neighbours. Sasa always played with our older guys because of incredible technique and I even learnt couple of things from him, until he went to Partizan.

In 2010, when had 17, started playing for my village Sunday-league club. My grandfather and father played both for club and is some kind of tradition for lads from village to play for club at some points of life and I took the challenge. It's county league club in sixth tier on amateur basis. While off to study from 2012 to 2016 I had couple of dry spells and missed fair share of matches but now I'm very close to match number 100 for club. Was tried at almost every role bar goalie and given constitution (185 cm and 73 kg) and preferred left foot ended up as left wing back for last three season and that position suits me the best. As central back often suffered due to lack of raw strength (though I enjoyed playing there), while as right back I recognized all difficulties that left footed player may have on opposite side.
sky blue is the color
eagle and shield are symbols...

Amir

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2017, 08:25:37 AM »

I guess this is a good time as any to come clean. I am not from Argentina, that was just my online character I created when I first joined the online football world. It was done specifically for safety reasons (thanks dad).
Holy sh*t Val! I've known you in the forum for years and years... :wow: Glad you've come clean!  :supsmile:

LOL LOL LOL
AVE LAZIO - Popolus tuus te acclamat

Caput Mundi

• LF Legend
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2017, 11:39:05 AM »

Wow, never would've imagined we have a legit international footballer on the forum.

I was extremely impressed reading lazioserbia's bio and then valdanito comes out with that. Hah.
La Lazio la nostra. Guai a chi la tocca.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2017, 12:01:13 PM »

Wow, never would've imagined we have a legit international footballer on the forum.

I wouldn't have guessed we'd have so many people on the forum who haven't really played at all. I would've literally been the odd one out at home for not being involved with some team, but here, seems fairly commonplace, which is interesting. Making me wonder if the kind of person who posts on an online football forum is the kind of person who sees themselves as more of a coach than a player.

Don't you have to go to such great lengths to mask the fact you ever appreciated Lucas Biglia?  :razz:

Joke aside, it's a revelation, although I did always think it was an unlikely identity.

But now I'm suspicious of everyone  :whistle:

blue-white

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2017, 03:53:03 PM »

Valdanito  :bravo: :bravo:

Cathal .... in my younger age... the fat one had to be the goalie... :razz:

to me:
played as a child with 7 - was the start. Played until 10 (all positions, but started as keeper). Club time was over - went to a sport school where i had athletics and swim as important sport.
With 13 i started to play basketball - until 16/17. Was in the teenager Austrian national team. Had to stop basketball because i had knee problems.
In the age between 10 and 16 i often played football too, but not at a club. Only in school and freetime with friends.
With 16/17 i started again at a club. Played there in Austria's 4th division. Favorite position was defender.

I started to watch Serie A when Baggio played. Baggio was pure magic. I started to follow Lazio when Gazza joined us, but my alltime idol is Alessandro Nesta. What a CB!!! His positioning gameplay was awesome - maybe the best in the world.
Sometimes i played as RB, but most of the time i played as CB.
I earned per game about 50 Euro. Was in a month about 200. If i would play on this level now, i would earn about 600 Euro per month. My village/city club plays now in 3rd division of Austria. You can earn there about 2000 per month. - incredible in my opinion....

back to me. i finished club football with 18. girls (bunga bunga), alcohol, and more... was since the age of 15 more important than regular training sessions.... :razz:
Add to that - i had to drive with the train about 1 hour to my training - and in the end of it - no train anymore. So my parents had to drive me...

Still,....i'm active for at least 1 time per week in a hobby football team. We have often hobby tournaments, but there we often win the drinking games...not the football games....

Sometimes if needed i play a deep midfield role, a number 6 guy. Pure defensive character in front of the defense. If i would be able to run 90 minutes, i would play it more often, but these times are long over.
I'm more feeling comfortable as a CB. I can still read a game perfectly, still have speed from my athletics time. I would be able to play in the lowest league on a higher level, but i have no time for that. Family life is more important, and i like playing in my hobby team more.

EDIT: you can see that i'm a defender when i'm more than only angry about Lazio defender errors.
I'm short before burning down my house in front of the TV when i see some stupd actions from our defenders....

Giolazio

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2017, 04:01:48 PM »

Valdanito  :bravo: :bravo:

Cathal .... in my younger age... the fat one had to be the goalie... :razz:

Played until 10 (all positions, but started as keeper).

:supsmile: :supsmile:

valdanito

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2017, 04:02:53 PM »

I wouldn't have guessed we'd have so many people on the forum who haven't really played at all. I would've literally been the odd one out at home for not being involved with some team, but here, seems fairly commonplace, which is interesting. Making me wonder if the kind of person who posts on an online football forum is the kind of person who sees themselves as more of a coach than a player.

Don't you have to go to such great lengths to mask the fact you ever appreciated Lucas Biglia?  :razz:

Joke aside, it's a revelation, although I did always think it was an unlikely identity.

But now I'm suspicious of everyone  :whistle:

Lol on Biglia.

I dont even remember when I first joined this community, must have been on the laziomania days or whatever we were called back then. All i remember wasbeing very young and my dad kept insisting i had to create an online identity.

Some members knew, but I have not seen any of them online in so many years.
FORZA LAZIO!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5