Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Your football playing career  (Read 1245 times)

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
Re: Your football playing career
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2017, 04:16:28 PM »

My village/city club plays now in 3rd division of Austria. You can earn there about 2000 per month. - incredible in my opinion....

And if you're lucky, you also get to be beaten 13-1 by Lazio in pre-season friendlies  :razz: :beer:

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2017, 04:23:52 PM »

Valdanito  :bravo:  but now we know your real name, Burillo!  :razz:

I remember when America bombed us, school was suspended and we were playing football all day long. And when we heard the alarms for approaching bombers we just kept playing...  :fingerup:

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2017, 04:35:11 PM »

Growing up football was everywhere around me. I had several friends who played for school and local clubs. My dad and uncle were also huge FK Partizan fans and fans of football in general. So it was tough to escape it. I played handball as well but football was number 1 sport for me. Around the age of 8 or 9, I started playing competitively for a local team in Banja Luka and ended up playing there all until the age of 12 when my parents decided to move to Canada. In my second year in Canada, I ended up joining some high level club football team (played club football until 18) and my school football team as well. That was about the time my club coach ‘transformed’ me from a left winger to a wingback/fullback and defensive midfielder. As a winger, I had decent pace and was solid on the ball but I was never great in the final third. My best attributes were intelligence, vision, passing, stamina and crosses. My finishing, on another hand, was dreadful.

At 16, I started playing adult men’s football (in the most competitive league in the city) and played for the third highest division (7 divisions) in that league. From there and until 22, I played in the top 3 divisions winning few championships and a couple of provincial titles. Also, had a couple of very successful years with my club football team from 16 to 18. That was my prime. The next 5 or so years, I mostly played for lower level divisions in that league because of university and work. In my second final year of studies, I started a team with my friends and we have been working our way up the divisions since. Three years ago I destroyed my knee and haven’t played competitively since. Now at 31, I mostly just coach my team full time and I am working my way to get back to playing.

:bravo: :bravo:

blue-white

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2017, 04:43:23 PM »

Valdanito  :bravo: :bravo:

Cathal .... in my younger age... the fat one had to be the goalie... :razz:

Played until 10 (all positions, but started as keeper).

:supsmile: :supsmile:

yeah, i knew that this would come ...  :beer: but... i started in the club as keeper. Not in these private games with friends ... in these games, always the fat guy has to be the goalie. Is some kind a rule here.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2017, 04:48:34 PM »

always the fat guy has to be the goalie. Is some kind a rule here.

Depends on how serious the game is here. If it's fun, you put the least popular guy in goals so you don't have to go in yourself. If it was serious, you put the kid that is brave stupid enough to dive on tarmac. Wasn't always lucky enough to play on grass.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2017, 04:51:59 PM »

If we're sharing stories, here's my funny story playing football. When I was 13, I went to a school which hadn't been built fully, so we had to play football on the basketball courts for a while. The goals were between the two steel posts holding up the net, so these were very defensive matches  :razz:

Anyway, one day from about the halfway line, I made an absolutely perfect connection on a volley. Definitely the sweetest hit of a ball I've ever made. Was proud of it.

Ball hits the right post square and rebounds right in the centre of my face and knocks me to ground.

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2017, 05:08:11 PM »

:razz:

I banged my for forehead once into a brick wall. It was behind the goal and a defender made a sliding tackle, on a wooden floor  :ohnoo:, and tripped me. I banged my head so hard, it is one of the reasons why I'm brain damaged today.

We used to play on the basketball court too. I hated that.

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2017, 06:41:04 PM »

I played football at the streets since I was child. Never played profesional(but played against local friends who played profesional football 6 vs 6).
 I still play one match in a week.
 When I was young played as the striker,had a better quality than the others(never need to run a lot). I had a good vision,skills,never was a selfish(I prefer to assist always). Those things helped me even now when I play vs people who are 15 years younger than me. I play now the playmaker role in 5 + 1 soccer. The good skills, passing, ball control gives me credit to have respect from my teamates.
 Btw, in my city I'm one of the three Lazio fans and I represent the Lazio for around 25 years  :vcool:( the second one is member of LF and our GK in the past  :vcool:
 Never stop playing, but also never made a step forward to play profesional football.
 Great topic, enjoyed reading every post.

Secret_Samadhi

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2017, 07:09:40 PM »

Growing up in ex Yugoslavia I played almost every day on the streets. Becouse of my blond hair and good dribling skills people called me the young Robert Prosinecki.  :happy :supsmile:

12 years old my dad took me to my first training practice at Borac Banjaluka, whos senior team then played in the first league in Yugoslavia. I remember that on the field were over 100 kids, 4 coaches split us in groups and they decided 30 of us should be the part of U12 or something, the others they told to play some other sport like basket, handball, karate and so. I was picked among those 30 players and trained for a year and half before the war broke. Zlatan Muslimovic, of Udinese, Parma, Atalanta and Paok, trained with us. We played some matches and some tournemants, I remember we lost one game 0-6 against the older team and the coach was so angry with our performance that we after the game were forced to train extra and run up and down the stands as a punishment. That was crazy.

After that, I came to Sweden, played for some clubs but wasn't impresed by swedish system when you train football for three months but only runs and have condition training, not playing so much with the ball. At that time 16, 17 years old I started to plays drums instead and found that music, alcohol and pussy were so much funnier.  :supsmile:

My bigges achivement as a football player was that I trained one day with my team and suddenly a bus came with Hajduk Split writing all over the bus. I was close to piss my self, cuz I was a huge Hajduk fan back then and they were in town for a Cup match. Cuz the senior team trained on the main ground, Hajduk trained at the B ground where we were training so they trained on one half and we on the other. They had a great team back then Robert Jarni, Asanovic, Bilic, Stimac and the one and only Alen Boksic who was my favourite player. I had the honor to pass the ball to him that day. My biggest and proudest moment of my football life. He is he reason I become laziale when he moved to Rome.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 07:24:41 PM by Secret_Samadhi »

Rizmo

• LF Legend
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2017, 09:02:52 PM »

:razz:

I banged my for forehead once into a brick wall. It was behind the goal and a defender made a sliding tackle, on a wooden floor  :ohnoo:, and tripped me. I banged my head so hard, it is one of the reasons why I'm brain damaged today.

We used to play on the basketball court too. I hated that.

Lol what? Tell us the other reason/s  :razz:
... but I'm sure I'm correct and you are wrong.

"Maki man, Maki man, e'erbody do the Maki man, cos Maki can, Maki can, e'erbody know that Maki can cos he da man, he da man, e'erbody know that he da man, so be his fan, be his fan, e'erbody be the Maki fan" - Caxi dropping some truth on ya'll.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5