Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Your football playing career  (Read 1071 times)

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
Re: Your football playing career
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2017, 09:05:54 PM »

Very interesting. First time i hear anything remotely close to that. You freak of nature :p

:beer:

Rizmo

• LF Legend
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2017, 10:18:20 PM »

Rizmo, you surprised bro?  :beer: seeing Maki play for Lazio also one of the reasons. My brain couldn't believe my eyes, Maki's magic was just too much. Like rakija x100.

That's what Maki does. Makes you question the laws of nature when he's on the pitch. Can be damaging for some  :beer:
... but I'm sure I'm correct and you are wrong.

"Maki man, Maki man, e'erbody do the Maki man, cos Maki can, Maki can, e'erbody know that Maki can cos he da man, he da man, e'erbody know that he da man, so be his fan, be his fan, e'erbody be the Maki fan" - Caxi dropping some truth on ya'll.

Stefano6

• LF Legend
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2017, 10:23:31 PM »

One interesting thing about this is that when I started training kickboxing my right leg became stronger and better with the ball.

I'm naturally right-handed and left footed. Diagonal  :razz:  so when I started training kickboxing I asked my trainer should I use the left or right guard and he told me to use the right guard. That made my right leg work much more then the left, which was strange to me at the beginning.

After a while I got better at using my right leg not only in kickboxing but in football too. Like I said before, I use both feet for football but I could never strike the ball with my right leg stronger than with my left leg. After a couple years of kickboxing now I can, and it's gotten to a point that sometimes when I'm playing football I score only with my right leg and can't hit shit with the left leg.

Its funny im the opposite, im naturally right footed, but I actually score more goals with my left foot.

I can use both for passing and stuff, but when it comes to scoring, im more accurate with my right foot, but I strike it better with my left.

I_joeyLazio

• Aquilotto
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2017, 02:12:27 AM »

I played football throughout my whole childhood, especially during the summer months when off school. Whether it be on the road in the housing estate I grew up in, or in the local park. I played for a few different clubs as a kid, first club I played for was my local club in Clondalkin, Dublin called Hillview United (now Knockmitten United). I then went on to play for a club called Cherryfield United in Walkingstown, Dublin. I spent two years with Cherryfield, one of which we won the league unbeaten. It was actually around the same time Arsenal won the PL unbeaten. I then went on to play for Shamrock Rovers for a short period of time, but the team folded because the club was ****ed financially. Had trails with Cherry Orchard from Ballyfermot Dublin (which at the time were linked with Man City) but wasn't good enough. After that I went on to play for another local team which my friends dad managed called Castle Park FC. Spent a year with them in a shit enough league, wasn't great. Then went on and trained with St. Francis for a while, I was around 16 years old at this stage and basically packed in playing football as I started going out drinking cans and chasing girls on the weekends.

I also played football in school, and GAA football, but won have fun all in both. Nowadays I just play 5 aside football with a few mates from work on a Thursday evening. I have a 2 month old son now tho and I have high hopes for him, I'll be pushing him to make it as a footballer
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 02:14:21 AM by I_joeyLazio »
Forza Lazio

I_joeyLazio

• Aquilotto
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2017, 02:19:35 AM »

Suppose to say ****ed financially, not have funed... damn autocorrect!!
Forza Lazio

chandraicang

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2017, 09:43:09 AM »

Wow, great story, from trial at pro club to national team player  :what:

Football is very popular sport here in Indonesia but not most popular job choice to earn dollars. Even it generate more money than others job. For a stringe player that rarely playing at midtable team you can earn around $700 per month compare with banker that will give you around $285 per month. But dont worry, you just need to pay $1 to overstuff your stomache.

In my city, Kuningan, which is far from metropolitan city, I guess it has more than 15 footbal court. The court will flooded with water when the rain season and dry like a desert in the summer. I played football almost everyday after school with my friends from estate housing. Bags, jacket and shoes for goal because full size goal seemed huge for us, and often arguing whether it goal or not  :razz:

My city had anual football tournament which all districts took a part in it from U10 to U40. I played as center back because I idolize jaap stam a lot. At the time the rule was, you play based on your idol position. I remember it was around 1999-2004 all the team used 3-5-2 with CB as skipper, to kick the ball when goal kick. Im kind of mauricio type of player, played dirty and kick the ball long forward everytime receive the ball. But as the time goes by I play 5v5 side and I play as left winger. I scored a lot from the left side every game, like more than 5 goals per game  :vcool:

I had no opportunity to got trial at pro club eventhough I was the part of my city best eleven every year. It was like I should choose between education or football
To cover a football pitch there is no better formation than a 4-3-3

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2017, 12:32:42 PM »

Suppose to say ****ed financially, not have funed... damn autocorrect!!

It wasn't our autocorrect, it was a long-standing piece of forum censorship.

But in the age of autocorrect, think it's about time we changed it to something more sensible so hopefully now it's clearer what you meant  :beer:

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2017, 12:35:32 PM »

Its funny im the opposite, im naturally right footed, but I actually score more goals with my left foot.

I can use both for passing and stuff, but when it comes to scoring, im more accurate with my right foot, but I strike it better with my left.

That's weird, I'm exactly the same. I used to think it was because we played on a slightly slanted pitch so it was a bit easier to shoot with the left, but I came to realise I tend to choose my left foot when doing a lot of other things (digging with a spade, for example). Basically, I play mostly with my right, but I think I'm actually left-footed.

Akha

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2017, 02:58:42 AM »

I attended 3rd level regional b club's junior section at the age of early elementary school but very soon started to develop problems with insufficient weight growth and bones' fragility so had to gave it up which was a shame because I really liked it and got pretty quick feet. During the later stages of my education I tried to get back into it on purely 'free time activity' level but the speed together with any ball-affinity was gone which was quite discouraging so I gave it up completely.
VENI VIDI LULIĆ

fausto

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2017, 08:38:06 AM »

Damn a real international player? this place is full of surprises... lol

Mostly a football enthusiast, the best I've done is to get in the second/third team as a GK for my boarding school in UK around age 16-17. unfortunately as I haven't had any structured training at all before that, while my reflexes and shot stopping is good, rushing out and positioning are awful so I couldn't get anywhere

From university on I've played leisurely as a striker, done well enough too as I'm pretty good with my finishing. Now working in a relatively big firm we have a football team here and I'm the first team striker, but recently fractured my ankle (right after my trip to Rome for the coppa Italia, talk about bad omens!) and still haven't fully recovered.

Guess football isn't really for me but I still liked it. More focus on ten pin bowling though...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]