Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Europa League : SS Lazio - SV Zulte Waregem 2-0 , 28/09/2017  (Read 1148 times)

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
Europa League : SS Lazio - SV Zulte Waregem 2-0 , 28/09/2017
« on: September 28, 2017, 06:02:47 PM »

SS Lazio - SV Zulte Waregem  2-0

18' Caicedo (Marusic)
90' Immobile (Murgia)

subs : Milinkovic (Luis Alberto), Di Gennaro (Immobile), Lulic (Lukaku)
subs : Kaya (De Pauw), Olayinka (Kastanos), Saponjic (Baudry)

highlights :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDr64sUikVU

positional & situational reports :
https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1239046/MatchReport/Europe-UEFA-Europa-League-2017-2018-Lazio-Zulte-Waregem
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 05:17:09 PM by LaziAli »

badboyyy

• Aquilotto
Re: Europa League : SS Lazio - SV Zulte Waregem 2-0 , 28/09/2017
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 09:14:56 PM »

2 of 3 Zulte chances was from Radu errors, when he staying in cb zone, he always loosing marked man. Good game from Strakosha, 2 great saves. Calcedo first goal at last, I hope Luis Alberto is not injured. MOTM: Strakosha
Forza Laziale!

torsten

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 09:24:19 PM »

Immobile looked like he was saying, "cmon guys, I can't always rescue you.."
Alessandro Nesta, Fernando Couto, Stefano Fiore, Tommaso Rocchi, Stefano Mauri, Giuseppe Biava, Federico Marchetti, Danilo Cataldi, Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, Simone Inzaghi, Ciro Immobile

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 09:26:40 PM »

I couldn't watch the match tonight due to work, can someone tell me how Luiz Felipe did? Impressed with the fact the defence has kept a clean sheet 2 matches in row..regardless of whether the opposition wasn't great
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

Rizmo

• LF Legend
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 09:38:34 PM »

Luiz Felipe, Patric, Radu - Total cost: 5.7m / Goals conceded: 0

Bonucci, Musacchio, Rodriguez - Total cost: 80m / Goals conceded: 8
... but I'm sure I'm correct and you are wrong.

"Maki man, Maki man, e'erbody do the Maki man, cos Maki can, Maki can, e'erbody know that Maki can cos he da man, he da man, e'erbody know that he da man, so be his fan, be his fan, e'erbody be the Maki fan" - Caxi dropping some truth on ya'll.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2017, 09:44:55 PM »

I couldn't watch the match tonight due to work, can someone tell me how Luiz Felipe did? Impressed with the fact the defence has kept a clean sheet 2 matches in row..regardless of whether the opposition wasn't great

He got my vote.  Hard to judge him without real opponents but he's been flawless so far.  Certainly an interesting prospect.  He went down the right wing once and also trough the entire midfield, the ball is glued to his foot.  He's calm and confident.

stefano_40

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2017, 10:27:31 PM »

He got my vote.  Hard to judge him without real opponents but he's been flawless so far.  Certainly an interesting prospect.  He went down the right wing once and also trough the entire midfield, the ball is glued to his foot.  He's calm and confident.

I agree, got my vote too. Didn't put a foot wrong defensively, was very tidy. Played the ball out of from the back very well, and didn't look at all under pressure holding on to the ball and taking it forward. A very professional performance.

Patric was iffy I thought, he got completely rinsed twice leading to two very good cances for Zulte. Apart from those, he was ok. Honestly, I did not notice Radu until the 65th minute or so (probably a good thing). Strakosha had a good game, but there was one incident that I actually noticed what Cathal has mentioned before, where a relatively routine save from a header was made to look spectacular.

Lukaku and Marusic were also quite good going forward, and had minimal to do defensively. If I had to, I'd say Lukaku was better than Marusic going forward and vice-versa defensively. Murgia was my second choice for MOTM, he's really growing into that role and always seems to find space. He is also a lot stronger than he looks. Parolo was good, not amazing, and Di Gennaro was ok.

Luis Alberto had a good game, we definitely lost a lot of sharpness when he came off. Caicedo was excellent in the first half, he wins the ball in places where he has no right to. Not something I've seen in many players before, but it's coming in very useful, case and point being the goal that he scored. Don't think a lot of players would have gotten to that ball ahead of the defender. 2-3 million well spent I would say. He didn't have a great second half, definitely should have scored again, but nobody really had an exceptional second half. 

The subs were interesting. Sergej did very well when he came on. Ciro was very quiet, but he really did make that finish seem like the easiest thing in the world. Lulic has had better games.

I guess what makes me the most curious is why Immobile came on and Di Gennaro came off. Maybe Di Gennaro is not match fit, but even so, Lulic being brought in to pack the midfield and try to retain the ball more would have surely been the better choice. Obviously it worked out in the end, but it just seemed to be a little bit pointless really at 1-0 up with Zulte not looking overly threatening. Another case really, as against Genoa, Vitesse and Chievo, even SPAL and Napoli to an extent, of the game not being put to bed when it could have been.

Anyway, we did what was expected. No more, no less. Bravo  :stendvl:

::For what it's worth, possibly the most boring Lazio game that I have ever watched::

« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 10:33:02 PM by stefano_40 »
71 min: Finally a goal in this game! It's a scrappy one, but Lazio won't care. Candreva goes down the right of the box and fires a shot at Lobont. He saves the shot put can only push it to Lulic on the other side, who stabs the ball home to give Lazio the lead!!

Sile

• LF Legend
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2017, 10:37:53 PM »

Ciro makes it look so easy, pure class.
Bike to work. Work to live. Live to bike.

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2017, 10:57:40 PM »

Caicedo should have scored 3 goals easily today...

Btw, our former player Elez scored against Milan...

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2017, 11:09:26 PM »

Inzaghi clearly wasn't pleased with the way Zulte was allowed to go for a draw in the 2nd half, but understands there's some fatigue after a busy period. 

Ended up praising one player it being Patric.  Saying he was extraordinary playing that role for the first time this week.
I guess the club did not expect this.  He might become the new type of Radu.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5