Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Europa League : SS Lazio - SV Zulte Waregem 2-0 , 28/09/2017  (Read 1293 times)

drazvan

• LF Legend
Re: Europa League : SS Lazio - SV Zulte Waregem 2-0 , 28/09/2017
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2017, 09:40:52 AM »

Good to see that we keep on winning - injury crisis or not. Even more, we scored 5 goals and got 0 in 2 games when everybody was worried about the defense problems. sure, the opponents were weak - but still a good sign.

dinhochester

• LF Legend
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2017, 09:59:01 AM »

Also, there is a sign that Patric and Luiz Felipe create more organized defense than Devrij Wallace and Bastos.  :razz:
We really need tougher opponent to test this.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2017, 10:26:48 AM »

Patric's limitations were obvious last night as he was beaten on a few occasions, but for me, at least he knew to use his body (without giving a foul away) to force his opponent wide and make the angle more difficult. That shows intelligence even if the situation shows he's no centre-back, but then again, no one said he was.

The one negative last night is the same negative I had after Vitesse: we have to kill games off sooner.

Giolazio

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2017, 10:27:50 AM »

I reeeeeally like Caicedo. What a bargain he was!

The two chances he missed were unlucky, especially the header, he did what he should there and head into the ground.

The hustle he showed on his goal was great. I loved his chest knock down for LA's shot and to have vision, confidence and skill to pull off that nutmeg... :bravo:

He might not be the best finisher...yet...but his contribution to our play is excellent.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2017, 10:32:54 AM »

The two chances he missed were unlucky, especially the header, he did what he should there and head into the ground.

And he did what he should do on the other opportunity as well, he was off balance and waited until he could steady himself until he fired his shot.

That's the kind of opportunity that is often viewed as unmissable, but he's so close to goal and the goalkeeper that I wouldn't even back Immobile on his current form to score from there.

For me, he was the clear man of the match. He's not got the finesse of Immobile, but Caicedo has qualities Immobile doesn't have and never will have. Caicedo gives us something different with or without Immobile on the pitch.

Lazio Forever

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2017, 10:39:24 AM »

Dont you feel like lukaku and marusic get bored to go back and defend? Its like saying : the defenders will cope with it , everything is fine
Yes, they are very attacking minded.
And I think Inzaghi also allow them to be that way.
It can work if we got good defensive midfield who can cover the defense when they are forward. Leiva is doing this.

Even after Sassuolo game, there may be some opinion that Patric and Luiz Felipe look good because the opponent is not strong enough.
So, dare I say, play Patric and Luiz Felipe against Juventus in Juve stadium  :razz:
Rest Devrij, Wallace, and Bastos if needed and not rushing them.
I see some quality in Patric and Luiz Felipe that are not in Devrij Wallace Bastos.
For Luiz Felipe, there is calmness and great control of the ball.
For Patric, there is good positioning and reading of the game.
Bring on Dybala and Higuain.  :razz:

Just saw some photos during the team photoshoot.
Our Brazilian connection is strong.
They seem all have really good relation.

It's more than the Brazilian connection - the squad arranged to go out for dinner together after the photoshoot.
The team seems have better squad harmony as season goes by.
Does the sell of Candreva, Keita, and Biglia lately and signing of Leiva have an affect on this?

Just about to whrite about it.
Team seems to mellow better.
No tension between players even when we loose.
I believe Candreva's departure definitely changed things up, and Biglia was somehow dividing the team, and that's all gone now.
Keita, dont think he had the power to influence people, he used it all to warm up the bench as he is using it now in Monaco :supsmile:
Kudoz to Inzaghi as well, he has a big contribution in this new team atmosphere.

dinhochester

• LF Legend
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2017, 10:47:51 AM »

Patric's limitations were obvious last night as he was beaten on a few occasions, but for me, at least he knew to use his body (without giving a foul away) to force his opponent wide and make the angle more difficult. That shows intelligence even if the situation shows he's no centre-back, but then again, no one said he was.

The one negative last night is the same negative I had after Vitesse: we have to kill games off sooner.
Is Patric limitation that he is always giving too much space and time to the opponent when they are holding the ball?

dinhochester

• LF Legend
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2017, 10:50:53 AM »

I reeeeeally like Caicedo. What a bargain he was!

The hustle he showed on his goal was great. I loved his chest knock down for LA's shot and to have vision, confidence and skill to pull off that nutmeg... :bravo:

He might not be the best finisher...yet...but his contribution to our play is excellent.
First europa game, heel pass
Second europa game, chest pass
Third europa game, ??? pass

Cnon

• LF Legend
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2017, 10:59:52 AM »

One thing I noticed about Immobile's goal. Murgia had the ball and Caicedo had by far the better angle to shoot (both were free and the passes were both simple) but he still chose to pass to Immobile. :supsmile:
It might not be perfect but I can stretch to maybe 75% close to perfect. That's all you get Cathal, 25%  :fingerup:

Giolazio

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2017, 11:10:24 AM »

One thing I noticed about Immobile's goal. Murgia had the ball and Caicedo had by far the better angle to shoot (both were free and the passes were both simple) but he still chose to pass to Immobile. :supsmile:

Yeah I noticed that too  :supsmile:

Immobile's finish was outstanding, just want to say that. To take it first time and get that angle on it isn't easy. He looked so relaxed as he did it too, which I guess is part of the reason he is in such form.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5