Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Europa League : SS Lazio - SV Zulte Waregem 2-0 , 28/09/2017  (Read 1147 times)

edo_shehb

• Maestrelli son's
Re: Europa League : SS Lazio - SV Zulte Waregem 2-0 , 28/09/2017
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2017, 02:10:31 PM »

this I agree, I mean maybe it was my streaming or it is really the games was so.... boring i was dozed off couple of times 

No, it was a game Lazio controlled with ease. If you looked only at our passing numbers, it would resemble Barcelona with Pep playing tiki taka. We dominated.

The problem is, because we didn't close out the game, we're talking about Caicedo being wasteful, Patric screwing up and Strakosha saving our backsides.

But ultimately, Zulte didn't have the quality to take the couple of ok chances they had and if Lazio really wanted to score at will, I think we could have.

Everyone played to a decent standard and no one in particular had enough to do to really show they were the best player out there.

controlled?, yes

dominated?, maybe

with ease?, naay, not really

Simone Inzaghi was frustrated that Lazio left it so late to secure the 2-0 victory over Zulte Waregem. “We allowed them into the game.
“In these matches, you need to get the 2-0 earlier, we didn’t do that and we suffered. It’s only natural after the third game in a week, mind you. Now we must recover our strength for Sunday.” ”

in  any other unlucky day zulte might equalized and while we still might get the lead back, it will take more of our already limited resources

agree with your list line though, it just another day in the office  :whistle:

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2017, 02:35:41 PM »

You can't go through 90 minutes without the opposition fashioning some sort of opportunity and so if the scoreline is 1-0, the game is always alive.

I'm frustrated too that Lazio didn't kill the game off earlier, but I'm frustrated because I recognise that it was all very straight-forward for us out there. The players didn't get out of second gear because Zulte simply weren't good enough to get us to go through the gears.

I'd worry about Lazio's inability to score the second, Patric's errors, Caicedo's finishing etc. if this was your average Serie A game.

But this was Lazio in the Europa League, with a one-goal lead in a game we didn't really need to win, three days before a Serie A fixture. Of course we're not 100% out there.

Everyone can have their own sensation about the game, but for me, at no point in the game did I think the result was going to be anything other than three points to Lazio and I'd rather have that than a 4-1 win against Milan where for the first 15-20 minutes, I felt we were fortunate to not be a goal down.

This isn't a criticism of anyone because it's human nature, but I can tell what happened in the last 20 minutes is seen by many to be more important than what happened in the first 20. If we all sit back and look at this game and the 90 minutes as a whole and look at the result - Lazio 2-0 Zulte Waregem - does anyone really feel it was ever in doubt?

I certainly don't. Easiest win of the season so far in my book.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 02:45:30 PM by Cathal »

edo_shehb

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2017, 06:39:14 AM »

You can't go through 90 minutes without the opposition fashioning some sort of opportunity and so if the scoreline is 1-0, the game is always alive.

I'm frustrated too that Lazio didn't kill the game off earlier, but I'm frustrated because I recognise that it was all very straight-forward for us out there. The players didn't get out of second gear because Zulte simply weren't good enough to get us to go through the gears.

I'd worry about Lazio's inability to score the second, Patric's errors, Caicedo's finishing etc. if this was your average Serie A game.

But this was Lazio in the Europa League, with a one-goal lead in a game we didn't really need to win, three days before a Serie A fixture. Of course we're not 100% out there.

Everyone can have their own sensation about the game, but for me, at no point in the game did I think the result was going to be anything other than three points to Lazio and I'd rather have that than a 4-1 win against Milan where for the first 15-20 minutes, I felt we were fortunate to not be a goal down.

This isn't a criticism of anyone because it's human nature, but I can tell what happened in the last 20 minutes is seen by many to be more important than what happened in the first 20. If we all sit back and look at this game and the 90 minutes as a whole and look at the result - Lazio 2-0 Zulte Waregem - does anyone really feel it was ever in doubt?

I certainly don't. Easiest win of the season so far in my book.

what does it mean by not really need to win?, obviously this is a must-win home games, forget losing, even if we draw this  then suddenly some will said we are in (mini) crisis and few (absurd) people will starting asking for Inzaghi's head... :fingerup:

and yes, our belgian friend has a sightliest concerned that this wont be a walk in the park, and so was I in that few minutes when our player let Zulte have the wind....

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]