Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Serie A: Lazio-Sassuolo, Sunday, 01-10-2017  (Read 1426 times)

LaziAli

• LF Mods
  • Maestrelli son's
Serie A: Lazio-Sassuolo, Sunday, 01-10-2017
« on: September 28, 2017, 08:55:54 PM »

:offlag: :offlag: :offlag:
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 05:16:38 PM by LaziAli »
Unity in Diversity

dinhochester

• LF Legend
Re: Serie A: Lazio-Sassuolo, Sunday, 01-10-2017
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 09:20:59 AM »

No Alberto, no worries

Strakosha
          Patric Luiz Radu
Marusic Parolo Leiva Sergej Lulic
         Caicedo Immobile

Ed

• LF Legend
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 01:14:52 PM »

If, as expected, De Vrij and Luis Alberto don't make it for this game then I'd go with the following:

Strakosha
             Patric Luiz Radu
Marusic Parolo Leiva Lulic Lukaku
             Milinkovic-Savic
                 Immobile

Even now having his goal, from Thursday Caicedo still needs to do more to convince me and I'm not sure that he works well with Immobile. Lukaku has provided some good attacking runs and could do damage against Sassuolo's inexperienced right side of Lirola and Leschert. Milinkovic could profit from any crosses and Immobile will be right in the middle instead of dropping deeper as he did when he came on alongside Caicedo on Thursday. Plus we then have a couple of attacking options on the bench with Nani hopefully ready to make his debut.
MAKI "I would like to say hello to you guys and I appreciate all you've been doing to me and I promise wherever I go I will always be available for you guys! Thanks, cheers!"

@Stevemakoz "Partita dominata alla grande. Complimenti ragazzi. Forza Lazio"

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 01:52:57 PM »

Sassuolo are a very ordinary football team that could easily find themselves in a relegation scrap this season. I think complacency has set in a bit at the club and that they're happy to stay in the league each and every season at this point and I also think their manager might be out of his depth.

That said, they will probably line up quite similarly to us and if they turn the game into a series of individual duals, I would be worried about the height they possess in attack and the height we so obviously lack at the back at present.

I'd like an early goal to settle the nerves on this one because as much as I think this game should be as straight-forward as Hellas, I think Sassuolo have the weapons needed to do damage to our fragile backline.

moody

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2017, 03:40:31 PM »

I don't think we have much flexibility on the formation or line up, except maybe put Nani in Alberto's place instead of Caicedo. Also might worth seeing Mauricio on pitch instead of Patric to strengthen our central defense.

torsten

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2017, 03:48:37 PM »

I don't think we have much flexibility on the formation or line up, except maybe put Nani in Alberto's place instead of Caicedo. Also might worth seeing Mauricio on pitch instead of Patric to strengthen our central defense.

No need to change the back three until the international break. They have played two games and has conceded zero goals. Would send a stupid signal, even if one of the injured players should be ready.

For Nani, i believe that if he was ready and fit he would have entered against Zulte.
Alessandro Nesta, Fernando Couto, Stefano Fiore, Tommaso Rocchi, Stefano Mauri, Giuseppe Biava, Federico Marchetti, Danilo Cataldi, Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, Simone Inzaghi, Ciro Immobile

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2017, 03:56:35 PM »

I think Nani would've entered if it was 2-0. At 1-0, pretty sure Simone felt the need to get our 'stars' out there and kill it off.

My initial reaction to moody's suggestion was negative, but when I think about it, not sure it's out of the question. It could be that Inzaghi lavished praise on Patric last night to soften the blow of him not being in the team on Sunday. But let's see.

I'd go with Patric, but I also wouldn't have brought Mauricio into the squad, so it's clear Inzaghi and I are not always on the same page.

moody

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2017, 04:51:15 PM »

I'm supportive of Patric, just don't think he is a great CB and his physical quality is not really desirable. Would rather him take Marusic's position, cause Patric can attack too, though Marusic might have better header and forward runs. Mauricio is stronger and he could do his job as long as he's not stupid (well what am I saying here). It's better to introduce him now instead of against Juve.

Again, I don't know about his condition and preparations so I'm not really insisting on this one, just a maybe for me.

Danish-Laziofan

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2017, 05:03:00 PM »

If de Vrij is ready, then I'd expect him to start instead of Luiz Felipe.

Although Luiz Felipe really has impressed me (again with the two easy matches in mind, I'm not blown away) I'd be more secure with Patric as he knows the Olimpico and Serie A completely different then Luiz Felipe.
Please, take a minute at www.sslazio.dk . If there are other Scandinavian brothers who want to join, feel free!! We all understand each other anyway.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2017, 06:24:32 PM »

Inzaghi said in his press conference that SMS is fit to start and that we'd need to see nearer the time about de Vrij and Luis Alberto, but latest reports suggest they're good to go. Following line-up now expected:

(3-5-2): Strakosha; Patric, de Vrij, Radu; Marusic, Parolo, Leiva, Milinkovic, Lulic; Luis Alberto; Immobile.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10