Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Serie A : SS Lazio - US Sassuolo 6-1 , 01/10/2017  (Read 1243 times)

Silindeee

• Aquila Imperiale
Re: Serie A : SS Lazio - US Sassuolo 6-1 , 01/10/2017
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2017, 08:59:14 PM »

And of course, what's caught the medias eye is the racism the curva showed towards the two black Sassuolo players.

Ffs when do those idiots grow up. If they want to be racist then go and do that shit outside the stadium instead of damaging the reputation of the club and other fans
And then people blame lotito for wanting to kick them out.

Giolazio

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2017, 09:56:00 PM »

Why was VAR not used on Sassuolo's penalty? Every bit as bad as Strootman but this came from a former player!  :sevil:

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2017, 10:10:05 PM »

Why was VAR not used on Sassuolo's penalty? Every bit as bad as Strootman but this came from a former player!  :sevil:

The assistant referee can only suggest VAR if it is clear there has been a mistake.

As I said in the other topic, an attempt to trip a player is a foul - is there anyone who thinks for a second de Vrij didn't attempt to trip Matri?

Letter of the law, it is a foul. Yes, the contact was minimal, yes, Matri threw himself on the ground, but I'm not sure that matters to the referee who has to implement the rules.

It is every bit as theatrical as Strootman, but it's nowhere near the same.

Giolazio

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2017, 10:17:31 PM »

The assistant referee can only suggest VAR if it is clear there has been a mistake.

As I said in the other topic, an attempt to trip a player is a foul - is there anyone who thinks for a second de Vrij didn't attempt to trip Matri?

Letter of the law, it is a foul. Yes, the contact was minimal, yes, Matri threw himself on the ground, but I'm not sure that matters to the referee who has to implement the rules.

It is every bit as theatrical as Strootman, but it's nowhere near the same.

I've not seen anything that would make me think he tried to trip him. He tried to block the shot and Matri cut inside and De Vrij flicked his foot out to go for the ball.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2017, 10:27:19 PM »

I've not seen anything that would make me think he tried to trip him. He tried to block the shot and Matri cut inside and De Vrij flicked his foot out to go for the ball.

There is no way he was going for the ball. The ball was nowhere near him  :razz:

I know I'm going to get backs up with my opinion on the matter, but if that was Immobile up the other end, I'd be disappointed with his behaviour but would be nonetheless fuming that a penalty wasn't given.

Giolazio

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2017, 10:33:54 PM »

There is no way he was going for the ball. The ball was nowhere near him  :razz:

I know I'm going to get backs up with my opinion on the matter, but if that was Immobile up the other end, I'd be disappointed with his behaviour but would be nonetheless fuming that a penalty wasn't given.

Seriously? I'd be embarrassed if |Immobile did that and would amazed if we got a penalty. That was one of the most blatant dives I've ever seen.

Just because his foot didn't end up near the ball doesn't mean that his natural reaction wouldn't be to move his foot towards ball.

stefano_40

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2017, 10:43:42 PM »

We must be one of the only teams in Serie A who hasn't been involved in a match with a VAR decision. While I think the referee was appalling today, I've somewhat let it slide so far due to the numerous poor decisions ending up having very little impact on the game.

The penalty was just not a penalty, and neither should it have been a yellow card. Extreme minimal to no contact was made, nothing that would bring down a fully grown man anyway. It was a blatant dive about a full second and a half after the "contact". If Matri had not cut back inside then De Vrij makes an excellent tackle. Poor decision to award a penalty, and Matri has really let himself down with that one.

The incident when I think we were still 1-1, but maybe 2-1, where Marusic was in the box with Adjapong was another poor decision. Essentially Adjapong had his hands all over Marusic, then Marusic cut in front of him and probably would have assisted for a goal but was blown up for a free out.

Honestly, there were a number of niggly decisions that really impacted the match in the first half and the early second half, and if the game had finished 1-1 I would still be fuming at them. It got really frustrating for a while, and you could see it in the players too. I guess for that reason, I'm surprised that we only had two yellow cards, which again at 1-1 could probably have been a lot more and a red possibly.
71 min: Finally a goal in this game! It's a scrappy one, but Lazio won't care. Candreva goes down the right of the box and fires a shot at Lobont. He saves the shot put can only push it to Lulic on the other side, who stabs the ball home to give Lazio the lead!!

Rizmo

• LF Legend
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2017, 10:47:02 PM »

The penalty was just not a penalty, and neither should it have been a yellow card. Extreme minimal to no contact was made, nothing that would bring down a fully grown man anyway. It was a blatant dive about a full second and a half after the "contact". If Matri had not cut back inside then De Vrij makes an excellent tackle. Poor decision to award a penalty, and Matri has really let himself down with that one.

The incident when I think we were still 1-1, but maybe 2-1, where Marusic was in the box with Adjapong was another poor decision. Essentially Adjapong had his hands all over Marusic, then Marusic cut in front of him and probably would have assisted for a goal but was blown up for a free out.

Marusic pulled the shirt of Adjapong to get infront and it was a clear FK watching the replay. In real time I also couldn't believe the decision but it was the correct one. Agree about the PK though.
... but I'm sure I'm correct and you are wrong.

"Maki man, Maki man, e'erbody do the Maki man, cos Maki can, Maki can, e'erbody know that Maki can cos he da man, he da man, e'erbody know that he da man, so be his fan, be his fan, e'erbody be the Maki fan" - Caxi dropping some truth on ya'll.

stefano_40

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2017, 10:54:55 PM »

Marusic pulled the shirt of Adjapong to get infront and it was a clear FK watching the replay. In real time I also couldn't believe the decision but it was the correct one. Agree about the PK though.

Something I'd really like to see again, as I only saw it in real time and the one replay from within the match.

I remember it as Marusic (again minimally) pulling Adjapong's shirt but not enough to outmuscle him off the ball on its own. This happening after Adjapong doing the same, but worse, in order to win the ball in the first place.
71 min: Finally a goal in this game! It's a scrappy one, but Lazio won't care. Candreva goes down the right of the box and fires a shot at Lobont. He saves the shot put can only push it to Lulic on the other side, who stabs the ball home to give Lazio the lead!!

Rizmo

• LF Legend
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2017, 11:10:38 PM »

Something I'd really like to see again, as I only saw it in real time and the one replay from within the match.

I remember it as Marusic (again minimally) pulling Adjapong's shirt but not enough to outmuscle him off the ball on its own. This happening after Adjapong doing the same, but worse, in order to win the ball in the first place.

http://livesportsol.com/full-match/football/lazio-vs-sassuolo

Check from 5:50 into the video of 2nd half. It looks harsh in the first couple of replays but the 3rd and final replay will quash any doubts.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 11:15:01 PM by Rizmo »
... but I'm sure I'm correct and you are wrong.

"Maki man, Maki man, e'erbody do the Maki man, cos Maki can, Maki can, e'erbody know that Maki can cos he da man, he da man, e'erbody know that he da man, so be his fan, be his fan, e'erbody be the Maki fan" - Caxi dropping some truth on ya'll.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5