Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16

Author Topic: Serie A: Juventus-Lazio, Saturday, 14-10-2017  (Read 3747 times)

hamid

• LF Legend
Re: Serie A: Juventus-Lazio, Saturday, 14-10-2017
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2017, 09:21:58 AM »

Are people joking with wanting Luiz Felipe to start ahead of Wallace? Like he's played well to date, I'll give him that. But against Zulte, Hellas and Sassuolo. Juventus are different gravy.

We certainly have a good team this year, we are probably playing the best football we have played in 10-15 years, but I feel like we're getting a little cocky maybe. If we had have beaten Napoli (which im quite confident we could have done) then maybe I'd be a little more forgiving, but I think its madness to suggest essentially experimenting with our back line against the best team in the league with the best striker in the league. Its pretty clear that Wallace is first choice when he is fit, so we should play him if he's fit.

The best striker in the league right now is playing in Lazio.  :twinkle:
we breathe LAZIO

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2017, 09:23:16 AM »

Wallace played at right centre-back in the Supercoppa where we defeated Juventus. Patric was favoured at right centre-back over Luiz Felipe against Sassuolo.

A debate on who should play there is always interesting, but if we're talking about who is actually going to play there, why is it Wallace v Luiz Felipe and not Wallace v Patric?

We certainly have a good team this year, we are probably playing the best football we have played in 10-15 years, but I feel like we're getting a little cocky maybe.

I agree with the idea that we're getting too confident. I'd say we have the points tally we should have at this stage, but we should've beaten SPAL and we should've avoided conceding four times against Napoli.

Yes, we were dealt a difficult hand with injuries, but only Lazio fans are talking about this preventing us from winning - neutrals are saying yes, we had problems, but we were steamrolled nonetheless. It's advantageous that it's allowing us to slip under the radar, but it appears to me that Lazio fans have a much higher estimation of this team than others and that's never been a good thing.

We need to keep our feet on the ground. We're playing about as well as we did last season in my opinion and that's better than I expected at this stage. But I get the feeling some are actually expecting us to win this game when I think we'll be doing well to still be in the game after 60 or 70 minutes.

The best striker in the league right now is playing in Lazio.  :twinkle:

I don't know how serious you are, but some believe that and that's why I think a few heads are in the clouds - Dybala is a better player in superior form.

dinhochester

• LF Legend
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2017, 09:25:09 AM »

In what aspect do you guys think that Wallace is better than Ramos?
I see Ramos as faster, better ball control, better passing, more dangerous when we attack through corner or free kick  than Wallace.
In term of marking and willingness to make challenge Ramos is also at least the same level with Wallace.
In fact, there was some moment against Juve that Wallace's marking is the big issue.
I trust Ramos more than Wallace in marking Dybala.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 09:27:03 AM by dinhochester »

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2017, 09:41:17 AM »

In what aspect do you guys think that Wallace is better than Ramos?

Wallace reads the game better, has more experience in these games, is more of an physical and aerial presence, he's more likely to stay on his feet which is incredibly important in a game like this.

Yeah, Luiz Felipe is probably faster, more technically gifted and throws himself more readily into challenges. If we're talking about which player would be the better strike partner for Immobile, I'd agree with you.

But Wallace is the better defender at this point. It's not even close.

dinhochester

• LF Legend
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2017, 10:28:26 AM »

I dont know, but I think if we just have more player with better confident ball control we will have better possesion.
And our good possesion means that we will prevent Juve to attack in the first place.
Serie A attack nowadays I think is not about crossing header scenario but more about through pass and run kinda thing. Hence a quick center back I think will be more important than physically presence CB.

edo_shehb

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2017, 03:46:46 PM »

I dont know, but I think if we just have more player with better confident ball control we will have better possesion.
And our good possesion means that we will prevent Juve to attack in the first place.
Serie A attack nowadays I think is not about crossing header scenario but more about through pass and run kinda thing. Hence a quick center back I think will be more important than physically presence CB.

I want you to be right, no, we do, we could do well with another revelation beside LA this season

but unless wallace or even patric is not really fit I dont think Inzaghi will risk playing young ramos right from the start

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2017, 04:13:42 PM »

There's no doubt Luiz Felipe is talented, but he's only played about 20 games in his life and none at the level that will be required next week.

I do wonder though if Wallace is now very underrated on the forum. He's made errors which he needs to cut out of his game to succeed at the highest level - and the one in the Derby is stuck in many minds - but I don't think de Vrij's level over the last 12-15 months has been any higher than Wallace. I'd say Wallace has made big errors that have contributed to 3 or 4 goals, but I can find plenty of faults in de Vrij's game of late.

I think the issue with Wallace is that de Vrij is playing in the position that would suit Wallace, so Wallace ends up playing at right centre-back where his size can be problematic. With that in mind, I can understand the argument for Luiz Felipe on pure playing style as he is more nimble and mobile perhaps.

But in a game of this magnitude, I just can't see how there is a decision to be made. If Inzaghi was worried about debuting Luiz Felipe against Vitesse, you can be sure he's not going to want to throw him out there in Turin.

Don

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2017, 04:48:13 PM »

All in all Wallace is still a WALL infront of every player...
That can be more important in Crosses or in box defending... what we gonna need against rubentus.

Wallace and DV is a WALL and at their best days absorb any Offensive play with the right tactics as a whole.

That way we have beaten the big guns so I don't really get the Luiz Felipe thing at this stage of his career...

Potential seems to be always more glancing than strong diplays with one or two steps wrong in some important moment.

Wallace can take Higuain out and Radu with much support has to deal with Dybala...

But the neckbreak often comes from somewhere else... (like basterd Dani Alves or Chiellini or Bonucci back then..) :sevil:
Don't hate the player, hate the game!

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2017, 04:52:29 PM »

It's Wallace - De Vrij - Radu our starting backline, without doubt.  Inzaghi made it obvious and those players gave proof, i don't know how this could be doubted.

Bastos, Patric and Mauricio can sub Wallace.
Luiz and Wallace can sub De Vrij.
Wallace, Bastos, Patric and Mauricio can sub Radu.

That's pretty much the situation i think.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2017, 12:42:13 PM »

I'd imagine we're almost certainly looking at the following line-up at this point:

(3-5-2): Strakosha; Wallace, de Vrij, Radu; Marusic, Parolo, Leiva, Milinkovic-Savic, Lulic; Immobile, Luis Alberto.

Basta won't be fit and Bastos, Lukaku, Palombi and Anderson are all major doubts. With that in mind, team almost picks itself. Maybe there's a chance Patric gets in the team ahead of Wallace or even Marusic. Can't see beyond the above line-up otherwise.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16