Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16

Author Topic: Serie A: Juventus-Lazio, Saturday, 14-10-2017  (Read 3746 times)

Giolazio

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
Re: Serie A: Juventus-Lazio, Saturday, 14-10-2017
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2017, 01:37:33 AM »

I'd imagine we're almost certainly looking at the following line-up at this point:

(3-5-2): Strakosha; Wallace, de Vrij, Radu; Marusic, Parolo, Leiva, Milinkovic-Savic, Lulic; Immobile, Luis Alberto.

Basta won't be fit and Bastos, Lukaku, Palombi and Anderson are all major doubts. With that in mind, team almost picks itself. Maybe there's a chance Patric gets in the team ahead of Wallace or even Marusic. Can't see beyond the above line-up otherwise.

Wouldn't mind seeing Patric used as a wing back in this match over Marusic. If Maursic starts then he really needs to get stuck in, no excuses now.

Hoping we can still be in the game by the time Nani comes on in the second half...

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2017, 09:09:18 AM »

LLSN claim Wallace is not going to make it for Juventus and even de Vrij is in doubt.

Ljubo1

• Aquilotto
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2017, 12:37:16 PM »

http://www.football-italia.net/110991/juve-missing-eight-lazio Some good news for us. I hope that ours Will get healthy  :band04:

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2017, 01:20:34 PM »

dinhochester may get his wish - following reports Wallace is not going to make Juventus, Corriere dello Sport claim Luiz Felipe and Mauricio are going to be doing battle this week to earn the start at right centre-back.

They claim Inzaghi has decided Patric lacks the physicality to play centre-back in this game. I do like Giolazio's suggestion though - Patric over Marusic might be a smart choice.

dinhochester

• LF Legend
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2017, 02:02:09 PM »

I am excited to see Ramos against Juve.
If Devrij can make it, then Ramos Devrij Radu.
If not, then maybe Mauricio can play.
I am optimist with Ramos against Juve attack but not with Patric.
Patric would be easily exposed.
With Mauricio, anything can happen.
So, I hope Devrij is fit so we dont have to choose between patric and mauricio.
For RWB, I would go with marusic no matter what.

Ljubo1

• Aquilotto
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2017, 02:16:49 PM »

You forgot to give us your prefered eleven :beer:

Giolazio

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2017, 02:21:57 PM »

----------SMS-----------
RAMOS--SMS------SMS
SMS-SMS-SMS-SMS-SMS
------SMS-----SMS------

:supsmile:

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2017, 04:43:25 PM »

----------SMS-----------
RAMOS--SMS------SMS
SMS-SMS-SMS-SMS-SMS
------SMS-----SMS------

:supsmile:

Think that's his preferred twelve...  :whistle:

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2017, 05:19:36 PM »

dinhochester may get his wish - following reports Wallace is not going to make Juventus, Corriere dello Sport claim Luiz Felipe and Mauricio are going to be doing battle this week to earn the start at right centre-back.

They claim Inzaghi has decided Patric lacks the physicality to play centre-back in this game. I do like Giolazio's suggestion though - Patric over Marusic might be a smart choice.

Patric would be the better defensive option as rightmid, no doubt.  He showed himself recent weeks and had an impressive training game this week as wingback.  But Inzaghi will go with Bastos and Marusic i think.  It's not his style to drastically change in the pecking order and benching Marusic (even with being the righg choice to face Juve) would have consequences.  He didn't play with belief before Verona but showed change after and during that game, so it could really disappoint him.  Also Patric doesn't have that depth in his game that Basta and Marusic do have.  And if Lukaku doesn't make it we won't have any side pushing into box from the side with the good foot ready to deliver in.

It's difficult this, i'm 50.50 on the matter.  Patric to be more safe or Marusic to have more depth while attacking?
We won't to win and don't want to lose ....  :roll_eyes:      Going for a draw is always a bad choice, and it's not Inzaghi.

christ_JM

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2017, 04:06:52 AM »

There's no doubt Luiz Felipe is talented, but he's only played about 20 games in his life and none at the level that will be required next week.

I do wonder though if Wallace is now very underrated on the forum. He's made errors which he needs to cut out of his game to succeed at the highest level - and the one in the Derby is stuck in many minds - but I don't think de Vrij's level over the last 12-15 months has been any higher than Wallace. I'd say Wallace has made big errors that have contributed to 3 or 4 goals, but I can find plenty of faults in de Vrij's game of late.

I think the issue with Wallace is that de Vrij is playing in the position that would suit Wallace, so Wallace ends up playing at right centre-back where his size can be problematic. With that in mind, I can understand the argument for Luiz Felipe on pure playing style as he is more nimble and mobile perhaps.

But in a game of this magnitude, I just can't see how there is a decision to be made. If Inzaghi was worried about debuting Luiz Felipe against Vitesse, you can be sure he's not going to want to throw him out there in Turin.

Wallace's next derby game was outstanding. I was impressed that he could be so confident after such a mistake in the first derby.
Laziale!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16