Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: The 'Stefan De Vrij' poll !  (Read 1251 times)

Giolazio

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
Re: The 'Stefan De Vrij' poll !
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2017, 01:40:35 AM »

I'm really not that bothered if De Vrij leaves us next summer. He's good but not that good. My only issue is this contract clause that they are insisting on. I mean we were patient with this kid, rehabilitated him - to the benefit of his entourage - and they want to stick a pathetic release clause on his contract?

Can't wait for the day something is done about these parasite agents.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2017, 04:41:59 AM »

I'm really not that bothered if De Vrij leaves us next summer. He's good but not that good. My only issue is this contract clause that they are insisting on. I mean we were patient with this kid, rehabilitated him - to the benefit of his entourage - and they want to stick a pathetic release clause on his contract?

We are on thesame page here apparently.  I'm already thinking beyond De Vrij at this point.  He's cleary not dedicated to the club at this point, otherwise the would have renewed so why count on him. 

If they decide to sign Caceres then he and Bastos can cover RCB.  Luiz Felipe is being groomed for the central spot and Wallace can become the starting player there.  Or Tare can not sign Caceres and replace De Vrij straight up.  But my choice would be Wallace centrally because to more 'faster' players on the sides is more usefull in that formation, our wingers go high up.  Caceres, Bastos, Radu and even Mauricio are reasonably fast enough.

stefano_40

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2017, 12:52:16 PM »

We are on thesame page here apparently.  I'm already thinking beyond De Vrij at this point.  He's cleary not dedicated to the club at this point, otherwise the would have renewed so why count on him. 

If they decide to sign Caceres then he and Bastos can cover RCB.  Luiz Felipe is being groomed for the central spot and Wallace can become the starting player there.  Or Tare can not sign Caceres and replace De Vrij straight up.  But my choice would be Wallace centrally because to more 'faster' players on the sides is more usefull in that formation, our wingers go high up.  Caceres, Bastos, Radu and even Mauricio are reasonably fast enough.

Genuinely think his importance to the team is a little under rated. The amount of times that our defense has just fallen to pieces in his absence eg Napoli and Genoa after subbing him this season and the entire 2015/2016 campaign after his injury to name a few.

Not saying that he's the world's best defender or that he's completely irreplaceable, but to sell him means that we 100% need to replace him. I think Wallace is a great defender, I think Bastos is very good on his day too but I wouldn't trust him without De Vrij alongside him. Caceres has shown this season that he is not good enough, playing at quite a mediocre level for one of the bottom two teams in the league. Filipe is still only a prospect. Radu won't last at a high level beyond this season.

We need a general at the back, somebody who can be in charge of organizing the defense. Could maybe be Wallace, but nobody else in the current squad is this player. Essentially if and when we sell De Vrij, given the money we will have from his sale, any other possible sales (SMS?) and the residuals from this summers mercato, we need to spend relatively big on a CB.

Wallace at RCB with Bastos to replace him.
Luiz Filipe potentially next season at LCB with Radu to replace him.
?? at CB, with a rotation of Wallace or Luiz Felipe and then their respective replacements if necessary.

Just seems a lot stronger than having an ageing and frankly not good enough Caceres to fill in. This year we have excellent squad depth, and this has been paramount to our early success this season. Would be a shame to revert to a strong starting lineup with mediocre replacements next season.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 01:04:29 PM by stefano_40 »
71 min: Finally a goal in this game! It's a scrappy one, but Lazio won't care. Candreva goes down the right of the box and fires a shot at Lobont. He saves the shot put can only push it to Lulic on the other side, who stabs the ball home to give Lazio the lead!!

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2017, 01:02:44 PM »

In my opinion, if we sell de Vrij, Wallace moves to the centre. Inzaghi said flat out in his press conference prior to the Vitesse game that Wallace could replace de Vrij if he was fit, so if de Vrij was to be sold, safe to assume Wallace ends up in the middle.

Then the question is, how comfortable are we with Bastos as a starter, and do we bring in Caceres to compete?

I do understand that de Vrij is our best defender, puts points on the board and the team looks lost without him, but he's not staying forever. And I wonder if we signed a very capable right centre-back, would de Vrij become very replaceable?

stefano_40

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2017, 05:14:12 PM »

In my opinion, if we sell de Vrij, Wallace moves to the centre. Inzaghi said flat out in his press conference prior to the Vitesse game that Wallace could replace de Vrij if he was fit, so if de Vrij was to be sold, safe to assume Wallace ends up in the middle.

Then the question is, how comfortable are we with Bastos as a starter, and do we bring in Caceres to compete?

I do understand that de Vrij is our best defender, puts points on the board and the team looks lost without him, but he's not staying forever. And I wonder if we signed a very capable right centre-back, would de Vrij become very replaceable?

Agreed. Pretty much the only thing that makes De Vrij irreplaceable is an unwillingness to buy a new defender in. If it is the usual case of "stick with what we have and make do" or "replace with an inadequate yet cheap option", then De Vrij is a huge loss.

We would NEED a first team quality CB or RCB to partner Wallace, or better still a LCB and have Wallace and Bastos in the other two positions. What we have already is good, but not good enough to compete at the top.

That being said, if the season continues to play out this way, with Lazio overachieving, the depth of player that suddenly becomes available is huge. With Milan struggling, the likes of Romagnoli becomes a lot more realistic than over the summer mercato just gone. Top prospects from South America see that Lazio is giving playing time to youngsters while still playing good football, making us a more desirable destination than a lot of other teams. Even top players who have become a little lost abroad (a la Immobile) are well within the realms of possibility.

We have a nice residual transfer budget left over from the summer, we will have money coming in from the likes of De Vrij and SMS. No excuses really anymore to lose a player like De Vrij and not replace him.
71 min: Finally a goal in this game! It's a scrappy one, but Lazio won't care. Candreva goes down the right of the box and fires a shot at Lobont. He saves the shot put can only push it to Lulic on the other side, who stabs the ball home to give Lazio the lead!!

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2017, 07:09:40 PM »

I didn't mean to question De Vrij's quality or how important he has been Stefano, i'm very aware of that.  But i also don't think Lazio will be much less without him.  It's a matter of adjusting that's the biggest job with him out.  If the team and the players get used to Wallace on that spot we are back on track.  Accepting the difference and coping with it, simple as that.  Wallace is also calm with the ball under pressure and can deliver an accurate pass.  De Vrij is surely better technically and with the ball on his foot and Wallace is better purely defending imo.  Good players on the sides would make him look good enough.  Maybe a new RCB like Cathal suggested, as i'don't see the need for a new central player while having Wallace and Luiz to backup.  Speed from those side defenders is important.  Personally i'd really look to a challenger for Radu, a leftfooter and use Bastos, Luiz and Mauricio when needed on the right.  The thing is wich leftfooter, i don't have much ideas on that.

Ed

• LF Legend
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2017, 10:36:32 AM »

De Vrij is our best defender. If he goes then we either replace him in numbers terms only with a cheap low quality signing like Caceres and hope Wallace, Bastos or Luiz Felipe make the step up to performing regularly at De Vrij's level OR we actually buy a replacement with the intention of starting as our best defender, whether this is a relative youngster from abroad or a more expensive established player, but that probably isn't our style.
MAKI "I would like to say hello to you guys and I appreciate all you've been doing to me and I promise wherever I go I will always be available for you guys! Thanks, cheers!"

@Stevemakoz "Partita dominata alla grande. Complimenti ragazzi. Forza Lazio"

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2017, 04:02:01 PM »

I'm not sure that it would be wise to sell de Vrij and go out and find a new player for the purpose of being our best centre-back. I can't think of a single defender in Italy that we could attract to our club and they'd walk in and be the main man in our backline. And if we go abroad, there's adaptation to take into consideration.

That's why I think Wallace would get a 'promotion' to take on de Vrij's responsibilities and then you go out and find a 'Radu for the right', so to speak. That's where Caceres would fit in IF he was actually good enough. On present form, that's not clear, because he's effectively playing out of position for a vastly inferior team.

I'm sort of repeating myself here, but my point is that it's very difficult to sell de Vrij and buy a readymade replacement. It's the ideal solution obviously, but it's risky.

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2017, 05:04:24 PM »

I dont think that De Vrij will go in winter. I think that he will sign a new deal soon and probably will leave in summer IF a big team will be ready to pay 25-30 mil for him. Which is likely if he continues to play good and even score now and then.

The best strategy would be to try to establish Wallace as a strong defender and to promote Luiz Felipe as the hot promise. I don't believe that Bastos can make it here - I like the guy but it seems that Inzaghi is already sort of convinced that he is not a starter. So we should sell him in winter and try to bring Caceres and one more defender just to give them time to get used to Inzaghi's tactics. For me, that would be a smart move for winter: Bastos out, Caceres + somebody else in.

christ_JM

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2017, 02:48:38 AM »

Release clause should be 25m for not making CL, but 30m for making CL.
Laziale!
Pages: 1 [2] 3