Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Serie A : Juventus FC - SS Lazio 1-2 , 14/10/2017  (Read 2552 times)

blue-white

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
Re: Serie A : Juventus FC - SS Lazio 1-2 , 14/10/2017
« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2017, 01:59:58 PM »

mmmm....
my opinion.
Our defense (Strakosha too) did a nice job on Saturday, but everyone of them had at least 1 blackout.
Example - Bastos too late at the first goal for let the opponent stepping into offside.
Or De Vrij in the second half - jumped to a header with a real bad timing and didn't get the ball. Luckily Higuain was not able to do anything good there.
Or ... Strakosha with his Higuain situation. This was a huge blow, and in my opinion it's not fair to say - hey, he saved the penalty and had some other saves, so he deserves the same praise like others who didn't have single blackout. Strakosha just had million pounds of luck in that situation.
Don't get me wrong - i'm a big fan of Strakosha, because i think that he is very mature for such a young keeper. He fully deserves to be our number 1, but this situation was something...if the ball went in, we would not only have been down 0:2 - no, we would also be the laughing joke of Europe now, and you would see that "goal" simply everywhere.

stefano_40

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2017, 02:55:12 PM »

Genuinely shocked here that Strakosha got so many votes. I understand that a lot of the time I must seem very negative or whatever, and not taking anything away from him smothering the penalty or the save from the Khedira shot, but that little incident with Higuain was pretty unforgivable don't you all think?

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that I don't know how it didn't go in, and I know that he redeemed himself in a big way, but if it had gone in then you're 2-0 down against Juventus and it's game, set and match. And Strakosha's head on a plate.

Young and still has a lot of room to grow, and I think he can be a very good goalkeeper, but he'd want to cut shit like that out fairly pronto.

So you're punishing him from a thing that didn't happen in the end? With your logic Immobile couldn't have been MotM few rounds ago against Genoa was completely absent and invisible for something like 70 minutes and then scored a brace. Oh, and he missed an open net too (didn't hit the ball at all). There were several people who said that they wanted more from Ciro and some even said that we should try Caicedo instead of Ciro. Then he scored 2 goals and wins the game for us. Same can be said here, Strakosha made one mistake which wasn't lethal and made couple of great saves and made sure that we won the game. Yet he shouldn't get get so many votes? Ok.

I get that it wasn't consequential in the end because it didn't go in,  but my honest opinion would be what's the point in making two or three great saves if you're going to do something stupid to potentially ruin our chances of getting a result? It would be like if say Parolo made 3 really key passes in a game that led to goal scoring opportunities and blocked two shots off the line, and then with the score at 1-1, playing a horrific back pass which the opponents score off. Probably wouldn't get my vote anyway.

Its always been the way that if you do five great things and one downright stupid thing, there's only going to be one thing that people will always remember. Similarly, if a striker scores twice and then misses an open goal in the 90th minute at 2-2, they won't be the hero they could have been, but rather the villain.

Again, I'm not saying he played badly at all, I think he was very good apart from that moment. I'm saying that possibly the best slice of luck I've ever seen in a Lazio game was the slim margin of difference between Hero and Villain.

I gave my vote to Lucas Leiva by the way, he was consistently excellent throughout the game and without him I think we would have struggled to keep the score under 2-0.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 02:59:50 PM by stefano_40 »
71 min: Finally a goal in this game! It's a scrappy one, but Lazio won't care. Candreva goes down the right of the box and fires a shot at Lobont. He saves the shot put can only push it to Lulic on the other side, who stabs the ball home to give Lazio the lead!!

Stefano6

• LF Legend
« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2017, 03:42:40 PM »

I agree with other Stefano for what its worth.. Strakosha had a good game and so I understand why some would vote for him, but IMO that mistake was almost fatal and it seems like its OK to overlook that because he saved a penalty.

Does everyone remember the time Fabian Barthez practically passed the ball to Thierry Henry, who scored, and Arsenal won 1-0? Of course you do. Do you remember all the good saves or otherwise good things Barthez did in that game? Doubt it.

Its always been this way, and especially with goalkeepers because they walk a fine line between hero and villain, but its the same for any player, always has been and always will be.

I guess what im saying is I understand the votes for Strakosha because he saved the penalty in the last minute and thats the sort of heroic moment that sticks in peoples minds. But IMO he cant be man of the match when a matter of milimeters could have easily made him the villain.
Not when Immobile scores 2 and players like Leiva have a generally top class performance. 

Giolazio

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2017, 03:52:47 PM »

I agree with other Stefano for what its worth.. Strakosha had a good game and so I understand why some would vote for him, but IMO that mistake was almost fatal and it seems like its OK to overlook that because he saved a penalty.

I don't think anybody will overlook, especially at the club. It would amaze me if Inzaghi or the GK coaches didn't sit him down to have a frank discussion about it.

Stefano6

• LF Legend
« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2017, 06:24:52 PM »

I would have loved to have seen Peruzzi reaction to it!

Weninho

• LF Legend
« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2017, 06:40:05 PM »

It was simply meant to be, but nonetheless a very well deserved victory considering Juve surely had margins on their side from time to time during their home streak against us. Not going to apologize. At all. It's Inzaghi's 19th year here and he and the players deserves this!

What concerns me the most is Patric's reaction. Taking a penalty in that situation is bad enough, but to actually celebrate and take to Instagram, questioning the call, makes it much worse. It's like if Strakasha publicly would have blamed Leiva for the pass leading up to Higuain's chance. I really hope Inzaghi sits down with him because unless he learns what he did is a clear penalty for every referee in the world, no way he's going to learn from his mistakes. It's ok to make mistakes as long as you learn from them.

Other than that, no reason to complain about anything.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #76 on: October 17, 2017, 07:19:34 PM »

What concerns me the most is Patric's reaction. Taking a penalty in that situation is bad enough, but to actually celebrate and take to Instagram, questioning the call, makes it much worse.

I agree, i was stunned to see his post appear on FB right after the game trying to exonorate his action.  I mean if you are a professional footballer and you feel that action was correct then you have a problem.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #77 on: October 18, 2017, 04:08:48 PM »

What concerns me the most is Patric's reaction. Taking a penalty in that situation is bad enough, but to actually celebrate and take to Instagram, questioning the call, makes it much worse.

I agree, i was stunned to see his post appear on FB right after the game trying to exonorate his action.  I mean if you are a professional footballer and you feel that action was correct then you have a problem.

As much as I agree with you both, there actually are plenty of neutrals out there who would say it's not a penalty because he 'got the ball'. By the letter of the law, it's a clear penalty, but I can't say I'd be surprised if Patric doesn't know or care for the laws of the game.

I mean, I felt the Matri situation a few weeks ago - at least according to the rules of what constitutes a foul and what is simulation - was a penalty. I got the impression here that I was very much in the minority with that viewpoint and few cared for what I had to say about the rules :razz:

So yes, I agree Inzaghi needs to sit down with him and explain what is and isn't a foul, but I suspect it's a conversation he could have with his entire dressing room.

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #78 on: October 18, 2017, 04:54:49 PM »

What a win! All those years of not beating Juventus and then beating them on their new stadium and giving them the first defeat ever is just amazing.

Strakosha did very well, saving that shot from Khedira in the first half was great piece of goalkeeping. He almost cost us the game with the Higuain crossbar but luckily he did not. I do not think Strakosha or Bastos are at fault for the first goal, as Rizmo already said, there was absolutely no way Strakosha had the time to react differently and Bastos could not have made it back thus making Costa offside. Dybala usually looks to a different side to where he is going to shoot when he is taking a penalty and Strakosha new it.

The first goal we scored came from a well played and well taken action in which Milinkovic Savic and Alberto completely outplayed Juventus defense, and of course Immobile was perfect with his run and shot. We have two great football brains in Milinkovic Savic and Alberto, they are both smart players with good vision and great technique.

Voted for Immobile because it is really hard not to since he is taking the chances in a great way. I do not like his diving though, I think he could have scored anyway if he kept running instead of falling down.

Caicedo now showed that he cannot score a 1vs1. At first I thought it was Nene in front of Buffon and I was certain he will score but then the commentator said Caicedo and I new he was not going to beat Buffon.

Patric acted like a total cunt. First, instead of clearing the ball he tries to receive it. Very stupid move. Then he slides into the Juventus player with full force, then he actually gets pissed for them asking the penalty. Patric did take the ball but with both feet and the ball went away from him so it was a penalty. If he does this one more time he is a total moron.

gibson_lp2

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #79 on: October 18, 2017, 10:37:24 PM »

Even if he wins the ball cleanly itís still a penalty. Itís dangerous play going in with 2 feet. 100% penalty clear as day.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]