Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: General Question About Tiltles vs Beating Roma  (Read 728 times)

blue-white

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
Re: General Question About Tiltles vs Beating Roma
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2017, 09:51:05 AM »

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Bristolcrespo

• Aquilotto
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2018, 03:26:13 PM »

Thank you for the replies i just thought that Lazio are an interesting club in that size wise, i put them in that second or third tier below Juventus and Milan but the size of the club has significant pulling power to make a challenge yet they never really challenge at the top end and i wondered if the supporters share the frustrations. They remind me a little bit of spurs or liverpool where they are that team players go to before making the final step up but i think they deserve alot more respect than that, although saying that i have probably described 90 percent of teams so i am waffling a little.

I think what i am saying is do players come there as a shop window or as refuge when coming down from bigger side rather than come and wear the shird proud and want to play for a title?
Is this a mindset that is coming down from the owners/fans ect

Take Napoli for example that club is clearly geared around the supporters and all of those players seem really up for playing for them (turning down moves away) as there is an mindset of we want to win the league, even if they fail the ambition is there and i wonder if Lazio have that same ambition
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 03:31:30 PM by Bristolcrespo »

Stefano6

• LF Legend
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2018, 06:18:06 PM »

I think what i am saying is do players come there as a shop window or as refuge when coming down from bigger side rather than come and wear the shird proud and want to play for a title?

Essentially yes. There are exceptions, but the vast majority of players join Lazio as a stepping stone (see De Vrij, Biglia), as a gateway into Europe (Anderson, Hernanes) or as a way to re-launch their career (Marchetti, Immobile, Alberto)

There are some players of course who once here get attached and stay for a long time (Mauri, Lulic, Parolo, Radu)

However I dont think that is different to any other club in the world really with the exception of the very top tier teams. I think literally the only teams in the world for whom this is not somewhat true, is Man Utd, Real, Barcelona.
If you want to play for Real Madrid, and you currently play for a small team, making a move to say, Villareal, to get noticed is probably your best option. We are not alone in that.

Where I think we differ is we have a certain prestige and, for lack of better word "special" atmosphere that makes some players become attached to us, that I personally think some other teams lack.

I think Lotito understands this, I think some fans have difficulty accepting it.

Don

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2018, 07:14:23 PM »

Essentially yes. There are exceptions, but the vast majority of players join Lazio as a stepping stone (see De Vrij, Biglia), as a gateway into Europe (Anderson, Hernanes) or as a way to re-launch their career (Marchetti, Immobile, Alberto)

There are some players of course who once here get attached and stay for a long time (Mauri, Lulic, Parolo, Radu)

However I dont think that is different to any other club in the world really with the exception of the very top tier teams. I think literally the only teams in the world for whom this is not somewhat true, is Man Utd, Real, Barcelona.
If you want to play for Real Madrid, and you currently play for a small team, making a move to say, Villareal, to get noticed is probably your best option. We are not alone in that.

Where I think we differ is we have a certain prestige and, for lack of better word "special" atmosphere that makes some players become attached to us, that I personally think some other teams lack.

I think Lotito understands this, I think some fans have difficulty accepting it.

But it is somewhat exceptional for what Lazio eventually meant or means to some Players who really got carried away by Lazialita... many of the Boys of the 90s still attached, even if big Money buys. Peruzzi got here again. Veron, Simeone (said ery early in his career at Atletico, that he dreams of Coaching Lazio once), Inzaghi, e.g., later on we got close bonds to players like Cesar (who still joins the Curva) or Ledesma ... A world striker like Klose got a second home  and got very bonded despite Lazio being "disreputable" and him not winning "much" here compared to big gun Clubs...

Ciro was always a Napoli fan, but noone can deny he fell in love for finding something here, like never before in his career...

Back to Topic: I don't want to imagine a Scudetto win with TWO derby losses... That taste for me as a fan is bitter to swallow... bittersweet, though. But bitter!
really: I rather take then 2nd above merda and beat them twice! :whistle:
Don't hate the player, hate the game!

edo_shehb

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2018, 05:24:30 AM »

But it is somewhat exceptional for what Lazio eventually meant or means to some Players who really got carried away by Lazialita... many of the Boys of the 90s still attached, even if big Money buys. Peruzzi got here again. Veron, Simeone (said ery early in his career at Atletico, that he dreams of Coaching Lazio once), Inzaghi, e.g., later on we got close bonds to players like Cesar (who still joins the Curva) or Ledesma ... A world striker like Klose got a second home  and got very bonded despite Lazio being "disreputable" and him not winning "much" here compared to big gun Clubs...

Ciro was always a Napoli fan, but noone can deny he fell in love for finding something here, like never before in his career...

Back to Topic: I don't want to imagine a Scudetto win with TWO derby losses... That taste for me as a fan is bitter to swallow... bittersweet, though. But bitter!

as I were saying, historically we never win a scudetto without a win in a derby

With that in mind, have we ever end above them in the league with both derby loss?, anyone?

Crni Đorđe

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2018, 08:55:39 AM »

With that in mind, have we ever end above them in the league with both derby loss?, anyone?

Simply, we didn't make results in other matches.  :supsmile: Look at today's table - we had lost against hounds in November but we're over them anyway. Lot pf points are in play when you put Derbies 6 points aside, so it's not focal to win those matches.

During the last couple of years, especially after Coppainfaccia I learnt one thing: romanisti hold Derby win as pretty much only objective in season worth celebrating - but it's only because they're poor Rometta who didn't win a shit for almost ten years (!). One of longest droughts in their (wrong) history.

For me, it's not so important to win every Derby because it's Derby. But do love three points against them when they thought  that something big will arrive for them - like in last season return Derby.

They can't swallow loss against Lazio normally.
sky blue is the color
eagle and shield are symbols...

Hadi Van Der Vaart

• LF Legend
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2018, 04:00:38 PM »

I thought I'm the only one who feel disgusted watching merda celebrated their victory against us in the last few years. I hope next time we win in derby, we wont have big celebration, treat it like winning just ordinary game n when journalists ask someone from the team, we answer like "it's just a game for 3 points, no more than that n no need to celebrate, we already did it in 2013". Feel like beating them twice!
But I think the adrenaline n the joy wont let us to do that. :supsmile:
Players come and go, but my Lazio is still eternal.
FORZA LAZIO!!!

Akha

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2018, 05:49:03 PM »

Season 10/11 comes to mind (Reja's 1st full one) - 2 losses in campionato, 1 in CI - we finished 5th, they came 6th.
VENI VIDI LULIĆ

Don

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2018, 07:40:51 PM »

I thought I'm the only one who feel disgusted watching merda celebrated their victory against us in the last few years. I hope next time we win in derby, we wont have big celebration, treat it like winning just ordinary game n when journalists ask someone from the team, we answer like "it's just a game for 3 points, no more than that n no need to celebrate, we already did it in 2013". Feel like beating them twice!
But I think the adrenaline n the joy wont let us to do that. :supsmile:
I first thought: Never! while reading, but after you eventually referred to Coppa in Faccia, it made me smile very bright and I got your Point... Priceless! :bravo:
Don't hate the player, hate the game!
Pages: 1 [2]