Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Europa League : OGC Nice - SS Lazio 1-3 , 19/10/2017  (Read 941 times)

moody

• Aquila Imperiale
Re: Europa League : OGC Nice - SS Lazio 1-3 , 19/10/2017
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2017, 05:39:22 AM »

I voted Caicedo as MVP cause he's doing more than SMS, and also showing he's playing with all his heart. Caicedo never gave up easily, that got him the 1st goal. And the assist was intelligent and precise with his left foot.

SMS has better stats, but the 2nd goal was not difficult with Caicedo's build up, and also 3rd goal is a simple corner. He had great long passes but rather quiet otherwise.

First half is really terrible play and I have no idea why these bench players are shutting themselves down, just walking around the park like nothing matters. Di Gennaro has horrible positioning and hardly moves, even Bastos was yelling at him being unsupportive. He is not a good player and especially in a role that is unsuitable for him.

It's strange that at the 60th minute after the subs are in, the team decided to play. Murgia, Patric are running much more and finally doing their job, tearing Nice apart. Alberto is good as always picking up the ball and distributing it, something none of the other midfielders were capable to do.

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2017, 09:15:31 AM »

Caicedo is strong and knows how to use his body power to get the ball. That's not something many players do. If he would improve his finishing, he would score quite a lot in Serie A.

Arti

• Aquilotto
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2017, 09:57:09 AM »

I was worried about Caicedo transfer. But he shows it was a good choice to hire him. For few months he did much more than ghost Djordjevic.

Danish-Laziofan

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2017, 10:40:59 AM »

Also worth mentioning that we scored our goal number 200 in Europe with Sergej's 2-1 goal

:band04:
Please, take a minute at www.sslazio.dk . If there are other Scandinavian brothers who want to join, feel free!! We all understand each other anyway.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2017, 11:01:31 AM »

When checking the player positions during the game (positional report in the first post) something was very noticable.

Almost every game the distances between players in central midfield have a normal amount of space between them and both wingers a little wider but not to far away. 

Yesterday at Nice the central midfield and attackers included were packed together and the winges were much more wide then usual.  Patric & Lulic were mostly glued to the sideline and everyone else but the CB's were packed toghert around the midcircle.

It was the first time this season this kind of positional setup was visable.  My guess would be that it was to support Di Gennaro more closely as the central midfielder.  He also played that role against Vitesse and Zulte but Nice is surely of a different caliber, hence the setup.  Murgia, Sergej and even Nani were much closer to Di Gennaro then other players usually are when Leiva is on.

Cnon

• LF Legend
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2017, 12:47:27 PM »

A bit boring match to watch even though it started eventfully when both teams scored inside the first 5 minutes. Both teams looked quite bad and even if Nice tried to attack and score, they couldn't get inside the penalty box really and basically tried long shots which didn't work out. Our defence was decent because Nice couldn't really get through it. However, I think Ramos failed badly when he let Balotelli score freely. Also I think it was Ramos who took Balotelli down with two hands but the referee didn't give a penalty luckily. Strakosha, Bastos and Radu were decent but not great.

Our midfield was sleeping and basically showed exactly why they are the B team players. Especially Di Gennaro looked bad, at least to me. Murgia at least had a couple of nice actions and he's a youngster so he can develop still. Nani was bad but mostly because he hasn't played football for so long time and thus his touches were horrible at times. But he showed some skills so with time and match fitness he should be fine. Also Lulic and Patric had poor games and couldn't really help our attacks, bad crosses and they rarely even got the ball inside our attacking third of the field. Only Sergej was able to do something in our midfield but couldn't do much alone, and I mean if you don't count the goals he scored.

Caicedo was pretty much the only positive, worked his ass off and scored an important goal just after Nice had scored. Very good work rate and great physicality. Basically the only player who showed grinta.

It was definitely between Caicedo and Sergej who would get the MotM. I chose Sergej because he scored twice and because he was the only player in our midfield who was having a good day.
It might not be perfect but I can stretch to maybe 75% close to perfect. That's all you get Cathal, 25%  :fingerup:

Stefano6

• LF Legend
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2017, 01:02:59 PM »

I thought both teams played some really nice football at times, and it was easy to see why we are the two favourites to get out of the group.

Felt Caicedo was very good, the tenacity to chase down the ball and make a pain of himself was great to see, it only took that one tiny touch to direct it into the goal.
We seemed to be more fluid in attack when Alberto and Immobile came on, as to be expected.

SMS took his goals well, but otherwise I felt didnt do too much, but cant really complain.

We should be looking to top the group now and avoid the bigger teams in the first round of the knockout stage.

blue-white

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2017, 01:03:13 PM »

A bit boring match to watch even though it.....

didn't have the time wo watch that game, but when i read that, i get the impression that we were poor and lost this game..... :whistle:

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2017, 01:07:42 PM »

Yesterday at Nice the central midfield and attackers included were packed together and the winges were much more wide then usual.  Patric & Lulic were mostly glued to the sideline and everyone else but the CB's were packed toghert around the midcircle.

It was the first time this season this kind of positional setup was visable.  My guess would be that it was to support Di Gennaro more closely as the central midfielder. 

Patric, on average, was our most advanced player yesterday. I think the idea was to sit in a back 5 when Nice had possession but when we had the ball, to get Patric and Lulic into very advanced areas. If you think about it, Caicedo benefits more from crosses than Immobile does and we need our wing-backs to bomb forward to create the width.

There was a 5-10 minute spell in the first half where SMS and Murgia moved out wide leaving Di Gennaro on this own in the centre of the park. It was weird and too weird for me to understand the intention, but I figured the idea was to probably overwhelm Nice on both wings, especially as I felt Jallet was doing a bit of damage cutting inside. From that position, Murgia had a through ball which was inches from giving Caicedo a golden opportunity.

Especially Di Gennaro looked bad, at least to me.

I actually think the issue many have with Di Gennaro is that he's ponderous on the ball compared to Leiva and doesn't get as involved on the ball as Lucas Biglia in the past.

But I didn't really see him put a foot wrong, and the most tackles and interceptions of any Lazio player despite only playing 60 minutes surely counts for something.

I think people are looking at the 'B' team and expecting them to go out there all guns blazing to prove a point to Inzaghi and show people why they deserve more minutes. But I think a lot of these 'B' players know their place, are happy with their place and therefore do as the manager says rather than embark on one-man missions to be a hero for a night.

Cnon

• LF Legend
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2017, 02:04:05 PM »

A bit boring match to watch even though it.....

didn't have the time wo watch that game, but when i read that, i get the impression that we were poor and lost this game..... :whistle:

I deliberately chose to be critical so it's easy understand me wrong. But as this is a team vs. team game it's impossible to guess the end result if I only write about one team and not another. Because Nice were just pure shit. Their goalkeeper was just bad, their defence would be bad for a Serie B team. Their midfield was nonexisting and only chose to use long shots which even weren't accurate. Only Balotelli was good but he was surrounded by our defence and later on dropped down to get the ball more often which made him less dangerous.

So there were one ok team and one bad team, the ok team won. The ok team was Lazio.
It might not be perfect but I can stretch to maybe 75% close to perfect. That's all you get Cathal, 25%  :fingerup:
Pages: 1 [2] 3