Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Serie A : SS Lazio - Cagliari 3-0 , 22/10/2017  (Read 2038 times)

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
Re: Serie A : SS Lazio - Cagliari 3-0 , 22/10/2017
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2017, 01:58:48 AM »

Early goal,thanks var and than everything was just like the movie.
 Ciro win than penalty perfectly, he realy trained the wini g penalty situations.
 Cagliari goal was clear
 Lulic cross like 90 % of his croses( assist for Sergej last season....not speaking about one-a lot).
 Early goal in second half....end of story.
 Its hard to say something negative when we win 3-0 but after this match we saw once again why DV is so imprtant for this team. I really like Bastos in three men defense,we see a big progress in his performance-espacially in his weak side from last year : poor ball control. We start to watch great ball control, but this safety isnt good enough. He start to believe much than he should do in himself.
 He and Radu had some very easy lost ball during first half.
 On the other side Marusic had great assist for Ciro but he couldnt control his space in defense-he must work on that.
 Great win. New three points....just do it.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2017, 09:04:40 AM »

Routine win.

I'm going into these games now fully expecting Lazio to score 5 or 6 because the way the league is at the moment, you drop points regularly in these games, you're not going to be in Europe next season.

Cagliari would have a fight to win promotion from Serie C with the players they have and a team like Virtus Francavilla in Serie C probably have almost as much chance of staying up in A as Crotone. I know that might sound ridiculous, but look at how Venezia who were in Serie C last season are top of Serie B having beaten Empoli who were relegated from A at the death last season.

So this is why I'm not as carried away as others with these results - dropping points here would've been catastrophic.

The Juventus win last weekend made me think Top 4 is very much on the cards, but it only takes one negative result to give me doubts.

We won this with ease, now let's see what happens in Bologna...

edo_shehb

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2017, 09:09:00 AM »

it's almost boring to pick the Motm now, but what the hell keep us boring with your goal ciro

:offlag: :band04: :Esflag:

LazioKosovo

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2017, 09:58:18 AM »

Routine win.

I'm going into these games now fully expecting Lazio to score 5 or 6 because the way the league is at the moment, you drop points regularly in these games, you're not going to be in Europe next season.

Cagliari would have a fight to win promotion from Serie C with the players they have and a team like Virtus Francavilla in Serie C probably have almost as much chance of staying up in A as Crotone. I know that might sound ridiculous, but look at how Venezia who were in Serie C last season are top of Serie B having beaten Empoli who were relegated from A at the death last season.

So this is why I'm not as carried away as others with these results - dropping points here would've been catastrophic.

The Juventus win last weekend made me think Top 4 is very much on the cards, but it only takes one negative result to give me doubts.

We won this with ease, now let's see what happens in Bologna...

You see Caxi, you see glass half empty while (almost) most of use see it half full. I understand your point of being cautious but you are forgetting that Lazio is on another level now. To put it simply, Inzaghi and guys are so confident that beating Juventus now is very possible, a thing that Lazio could dream of for a decade or so. I was talking with Phantomm and another friend while watching Italian teams in CL. In general, all three of them played very good. Lazio is on that level. 
So, Lazio will surely win next three games with plus 7-8 goal difference in total.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2017, 10:11:26 AM »

You see Caxi, you see glass half empty while (almost) most of use see it half full. I understand your point of being cautious but you are forgetting that Lazio is on another level now.

Are we on another level? We should've finished 4th last season and we're 4th in the table now. So 10 games into a very long season, can we really say we've gone up another level?

We've been in this position early in seasons under Pioli, Petkovic and Reja. It's never quite worked out the way we wanted it to. Am I more confident this time around? Yes.

But in my opinion, there's a whole side to this season and the league campaign that's going unnoticed in this forum and that is the quality of the opposition.

We have picked up 4 points from a total of 9 against sides currently in the Top 10 this season and it could very easily have been less. Our fixture list is about to get a lot more difficult - we play 6 current Top 10 sides between the end of November and the end of December - that's when we see where we stand as a team. If we drop our form there, we can forget about Champions League next season.

Here we are talking after a 3-0 win at home to Cagliari about being on another level. Meanwhile, Juventus went out and turned 2-2 to 2-6 on the road in Udine with a man less and Napoli and Inter are both still unbeaten while 1927 and Samp are right behind us with a game in hand.

I completely understand why people think we're much improved and on the way to great things, but you know Napoli, Inter, 1927, Samp fans probably feel the same way, not to mention the fact that I don't think you'll find many worried Juventini out there either. In time, the league will make fools of someone.

LazioKosovo

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2017, 10:31:14 AM »

With a little luck, Lazio could had (at least) draw against Napoli. Juventus, despite VAR, had referee wind on their back. Inter, how many games won on last 10 minutes. Merda, is so-so. Sampdoria, well winter is coming for them. Out of top six teams, only Lazio and Napoli are most consistent teams. Lazio has beaten Nice, a team that has demolished Monaco.
Pioli, Petkovic and Reja era are not comparable at all. Because even then we never achieved to beat Juventus twice for two months for instance. Or, Lazio didn't played in Europe (or played in Europe but without this confidence). Or Lazio won against smaller teams but not being that dominant as now.
Lazio has its weaknesses. That is evident but Inzaghi is working hard to overcome them.
Our biggest advantage, disregarding the atmosphere, is player roster or to put it better: tactics. We can play 3-5-2, 3-4-3, 4-3-3 or even 4-4-2 all equally well and that is very demanding for opposition since they do not know how to prepare best.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2017, 10:46:39 AM »

Pioli, Petkovic and Reja era are not comparable at all. Because even then we never achieved to beat Juventus twice for two months for instance. Or, Lazio didn't played in Europe (or played in Europe but without this confidence). Or Lazio won against smaller teams but not being that dominant as now.

This shows exactly why you think my glass is half empty.

Firstly, Pioli, Petkovic and Reja all took Lazio into Europe in their first full season as Lazio manager and all three got Lazio out of their Europa League group in the following season. In his second season at Lazio, Reja had Lazio in the exact same league position after 10 games as Lazio are now.

The only thing that distinguishes Inzaghi from those three managers is the Supercoppa and beating the dominant force in Italy. Someone else who did that at Lazio is Ballardini. See my point?

And anyone who is paying any real attention to the league as a whole knows that while you could argue Lazio are more dominant against smaller teams, it's clear as day that the small teams are more submissive for want of a better phrase than they were even 2 or 3 years ago.

I personally think Lazio are playing well enough now to make the Champions League next season, and having had plenty of injuries and some tricky opponents (Napoli, Juventus etc.), I can understand why people expect further improvement.

But it wouldn't surprise me at all if in that month-long period I mentioned, Lazio only pick up about 7 or 8 points and end up going into 2018 outside the Top 4. It wouldn't take much of a decline in our form for that to happen. And considering Immobile is on course to score around 60-70 goals this season, it's not hard to see where that decline could come from.

You can call it glass half empty and that's fine, I'd call it recognising that Lazio are well capable of spilling that water all over the place in the next 6 months.

edo_shehb

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2017, 10:53:51 AM »

You see Caxi, you see glass half empty while (almost) most of use see it half full. I understand your point of being cautious but you are forgetting that Lazio is on another level now.

Are we on another level? We should've finished 4th last season and we're 4th in the table now. So 10 games into a very long season, can we really say we've gone up another level?

We've been in this position early in seasons under Pioli, Petkovic and Reja. It's never quite worked out the way we wanted it to. Am I more confident this time around? Yes.

But in my opinion, there's a whole side to this season and the league campaign that's going unnoticed in this forum and that is the quality of the opposition.

We have picked up 4 points from a total of 9 against sides currently in the Top 10 this season and it could very easily have been less. Our fixture list is about to get a lot more difficult - we play 6 current Top 10 sides between the end of November and the end of December - that's when we see where we stand as a team. If we drop our form there, we can forget about Champions League next season.

Here we are talking after a 3-0 win at home to Cagliari about being on another level. Meanwhile, Juventus went out and turned 2-2 to 2-6 on the road in Udine with a man less and Napoli and Inter are both still unbeaten while 1927 and Samp are right behind us with a game in hand.

I completely understand why people think we're much improved and on the way to great things, but you know Napoli, Inter, 1927, Samp fans probably feel the same way, not to mention the fact that I don't think you'll find many worried Juventini out there either. In time, the league will make fools of someone.

I'm with Cathal on this, begrudgingly   :fingerup:

boy does it feel great be Laziale now, but its only october and really we achieve nothin yet (yes we did stain jube's record but its not trophy-worthy) , we could enjoy the moment but never forget its still to early to open the champagne, we're not our neighbour afterall

:Esflag: :stendrm: :band04:

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2017, 11:05:48 AM »

Inter had even weaker opponents than we did. They have more points than we do and only difference is that they didn't lose to Napoli like we did. And they are not playing Europe.

Juventus scored 3 goals last night on deflection. I didn't think Udinese would be able to win last night even when Juventus got a red card simply because they are a shit team.

I do agree with you though, there are some very weak teams in Serie A now. But if we are winning against them I don't care. The fact is that we are stronger than before and that the league is weaker than before.

The Bologna game is going to be tougher than against Cagliari of course but only because it's away. If it was another home game, I think we would win without much trouble. The good thing yesterday was that we had a good game and basically solved the game early in the second half so the players aren't too tired.

LazioKosovo

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2017, 11:13:57 AM »

This shows exactly why you think my glass is half empty.

Firstly, Pioli, Petkovic and Reja all took Lazio into Europe in their first full season as Lazio manager and all three got Lazio out of their Europa League group in the following season. In his second season at Lazio, Reja had Lazio in the exact same league position after 10 games as Lazio are now.

The only thing that distinguishes Inzaghi from those three managers is the Supercoppa and beating the dominant force in Italy. Someone else who did that at Lazio is Ballardini. See my point?

And anyone who is paying any real attention to the league as a whole knows that while you could argue Lazio are more dominant against smaller teams, it's clear as day that the small teams are more submissive for want of a better phrase than they were even 2 or 3 years ago.

I personally think Lazio are playing well enough now to make the Champions League next season, and having had plenty of injuries and some tricky opponents (Napoli, Juventus etc.), I can understand why people expect further improvement.

But it wouldn't surprise me at all if in that month-long period I mentioned, Lazio only pick up about 7 or 8 points and end up going into 2018 outside the Top 4. It wouldn't take much of a decline in our form for that to happen. And considering Immobile is on course to score around 60-70 goals this season, it's not hard to see where that decline could come from.

You can call it glass half empty and that's fine, I'd call it recognising that Lazio are well capable of spilling that water all over the place in the next 6 months.

That is unlikely. Not because Lazio will not drop points but because others will drop too. You see, I expect Juve, Napoli and Merda (as well as Milan) play in Europe (CL o Europa League) after the winter which means that they will have same amount of games as Lazio have. Also, do not forget that from mentioned teams, apart from Juventus, Lazio had more injury problems than other teams. In other words, even under those circumstances Lazio proved to be very stable team.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8