Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Europa League : SS Lazio - OGC Nice 1-0 , 02/11/2017  (Read 804 times)

edo_shehb

• Maestrelli son's
Re: Europa League : SS Lazio - OGC Nice 1-0 , 02/11/2017
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2017, 02:57:22 AM »

cant vote for Motm cos I'm watching this game with heavy sleepy eyes, yep, thats how boring the games  :whistle:

cant complain though with us securing 1st place  :offlag:

gibson_lp2

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2017, 06:39:14 AM »

Devrij for me. Barely noticed he was there. Clean tackles, never in trouble good passing.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2017, 09:20:11 AM »

I'm not worried about our performance. Our team was thrown together - it looks like Inzaghi changed his plans shortly before the game - and he said in his post-match press conference that we had to make adjustments on the fly because Nice changed it up for this game.

A point for Nice would've meant another win and they're pretty much secure so there was a real incentive for them to come away from this game with something and now they might have to secure qualification in the final round. So their approach to the game is something to take into consideration.

Officially, we'd no attempts on goal, but in truth, few teams are going to get attempts on goal when there's 10 defenders between ball and goalkeeper. We had plenty of efforts blocked or deflected. We do need to be better when the opposition defend deep and get bodies in the box. This is where I expect Luis Alberto to put his creativity to good use and flourish, but he's been disappointing so far in these situations. That could be a coincidence, but it's not encouraging.

We did what we needed to do. Having won away and knowing a win would put us through, obviously we all wanted that, but a draw was all we really need to go through and Inzaghi would rather we come off the pitch with everyone healthy and in good shape rather than with banged up players but 12 points in the board.

In the end, perfect outcome  :offlag:

Sile

• LF Legend
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2017, 09:57:25 AM »

Ciro mocked Parolo on Instagram saying "why are you celebrating it was obviously an own goal"
 :fingerup:

I can't remember such a fantastic run of form, it's almost too good to be true. There's a saying one of our sports commentators overuses - "great teams win games even when playing badly", maybe it is starting to apply to us

:Esflag: :stendvl:
Bike to work. Work to live. Live to bike.

Ed

• LF Legend
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2017, 10:01:31 AM »

Didn't watch, it was obviously going to be a lacklustre game with little chance of us going above and beyond the minimum required. A draw would have been fine in those circumstances but to get the win just makes it easier for everyone to get at the very least one full week of rest out of the two remaining rounds. Keeping up the winning run in such a drab and boring game was obviously nice (!) too, confidence remains high and we can get on with Serie A until the next round. Job done in Europa.
MAKI "I would like to say hello to you guys and I appreciate all you've been doing to me and I promise wherever I go I will always be available for you guys! Thanks, cheers!"

@Stevemakoz "Partita dominata alla grande. Complimenti ragazzi. Forza Lazio"

blue-white

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2017, 10:15:44 AM »

Players were rested, Nice was defending to get a draw.
Completely agree with Cathal - we need to get better when the opponent is defending with 11 players.

Alberto needs space and it seems that he is not the man for some creativity in that kind of games.

What would be the key? - speed! Lukaku showed it how it would work! For me the man of the match, because he was the most dangerous one!
So, for me it's totally clear that - when FA is 100% matchfit, he will be the key in this kind of games. You have to crack them with speed - get into the penalty area - strong cross or shot or winning a penalty.
Marusic is not bad, but he doesn't have the speed of Lukaku and he is far away of the speed and technic of FA.
This is also the reason why i see FA playing in the Marusic position if we play against teams which only defend. It's the most dangerous position where FA can play in these games.

to Luiz Felipe. don't know why so many people voted for him here - in my opinion, this guy has something in him what can make a real good defender, but he simply doesn't know how to use this potential.
Too often he was attacking the opponent in the wrong time, too often he is acting like an amateur defender.
Positioning gameplay he's sometimes pretty good, but he open spaces for the opponents when he's moving in the wrong time. short ... he has a huge timing problem in some situations.

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2017, 10:15:49 AM »

I think this was a good training game.
Inzaghi used it to train Patric and Luiz Felipe, to give more boost to Lukaku and to bring Nani and Caicedo into a more "match fit" level. It worked ok for us - I had no doubts that we will grab at least 1 point which would have been enough. Getting 3 points was lucky, but welcome.
All in all, my observations:
-Luiz Felipe has great potential
-Nani is a smart footballer but not yet fully fit
-Lukaku really needs to improve in defense - he is certainly not a left wing, more of an attacking midfielder left and he is pretty lazy in helping the defense. but he has good runs in front
-we are quite dependent on the skeleton: De Vrij - Leiva - Milinkovic - Luis Alberto - Immobile. Having them all in means almost certainly a win. 1-2 injured and we are in trouble.

For me, the man of the match was Luiz Felipe. Didn't expect this at the begining of the season - to see him as a MoM against Nice.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2017, 02:02:34 PM »

Alberto needs space and it seems that he is not the man for some creativity in that kind of games.

He basically said this himself after the game, but it's not rocket science: a creative player's job is easier if further up the pitch and in space.

I don't think Luis Alberto cuts it in any central-midfield role. No matter how much Inzaghi and the coaching staff say he can play there, I can't see him being a better option than Parolo, SMS, Murgia etc. in that position.

Don

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2017, 04:30:15 PM »

He basically said this himself after the game, but it's not rocket science: a creative player's job is easier if further up the pitch and in space.

I don't think Luis Alberto cuts it in any central-midfield role. No matter how much Inzaghi and the coaching staff say he can play there, I can't see him being a better option than Parolo, SMS, Murgia etc. in that position.
Me either... too much Work rate to get into final third were he can express his Potential.

Don't hate the player, hate the game!

hamid

• LF Legend
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2017, 05:26:35 PM »

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbFF30OnYeu/?taken-by=official_sslazio

The caption says: YES! @luizfeliperamos04 has been named #SSLazio MVP for the first time

----

Do they choose their MVP from Lazioland match topics?  :whistle:
we breathe LAZIO
Pages: 1 [2] 3