Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17

Author Topic: Serie A: AS Roma Lazio, Saturday, 18-11-2017  (Read 4310 times)

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
Re: Serie A: AS Roma Lazio, Saturday, 18-11-2017
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2017, 11:01:12 AM »

Lazio are/were playing a 60-minute friendly against local side Divino Amore. Obviously it is/was a goalfest, but the line-ups are/were intriguing so I'll post them.

1st Half - (3-5-2): Guerrieri; Bastos, Luiz Felipe, Radu; Basta, Patric, Leiva, Crecco, Lulic; Felipe Anderson, Nani.

2nd Half - (3-5-2): Rus; Bastos, Mauricio, Luiz Felipe; Marusic, Basta, Crecco, Patric, Felipe Anderson; Palombi, Nani.

Now, this is what I find intriguing. Generally, Inzaghi uses first half of friendlies to work his best available XI and Basta over Marusic at right wing-back would suggest to me Basta is in line to start in the Derby. Lulic on the left instead of Patric or Crecco is also a clue this line-up is Derby prep as Inzaghi has basically chosen to play Patric and Crecco out of position to ensure he has his best players playing where they fit in the 3-5-2.

Also, Inzaghi could've started the second-half with Felipe Anderson at right-wing back and Marusic on the left (he has played there before). So early signs suggest to me there's absolutely no plans to play Anderson at right wing-back, at least not over Basta or Marusic.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 11:10:02 AM by Cathal »

hamid

• LF Legend
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2017, 11:12:47 AM »

I remember once we had a goalkeeper named Vargic! Frozen?!
we breathe LAZIO

edo_shehb

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2017, 11:24:17 AM »

Both Strakosha and Vargic not 100% fit. If the Derby was today, Guerrieri would start. Need to see who we can recover in the next week.

where is marchetti anyway?, is he still on the registered squad?

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2017, 11:28:08 AM »

Lazio are/were playing a 60-minute friendly against local side Divino Amore. Obviously it is/was a goalfest, but the line-ups are/were intriguing so I'll post them.

1st Half - (3-5-2): Guerrieri; Bastos, Luiz Felipe, Radu; Basta, Patric, Leiva, Crecco, Lulic; Felipe Anderson, Nani.

2nd Half - (3-5-2): Rus; Bastos, Mauricio, Luiz Felipe; Marusic, Basta, Crecco, Patric, Felipe Anderson; Palombi, Nani.

Now, this is what I find intriguing. Generally, Inzaghi uses first half of friendlies to work his best available XI and Basta over Marusic at right wing-back would suggest to me Basta is in line to start in the Derby. Lulic on the left instead of Patric or Crecco is also a clue this line-up is Derby prep as Inzaghi has basically chosen to play Patric and Crecco out of position to ensure he has his best players playing where they fit in the 3-5-2.

Also, Inzaghi could've started the second-half with Felipe Anderson at right-wing back and Marusic on the left (he has played there before). So early signs suggest to me there's absolutely no plans to play Anderson at right wing-back, at least not over Basta or Marusic.

Yeah personally I would find Felipe on RWB a colossal waste of his attacking abilities. I'm curious to see how he would do in the position Alberto plays, but also can't help but think if he plays instead of Alberto it immediately becomes a different tactic.

Don't mean this in a negative way, but Felipe is way more keen on holding onto the ball than Alberto is.
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

edo_shehb

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2017, 11:33:17 AM »

Yeah personally I would find Felipe on RWB a colossal waste of his attacking abilities. I'm curious to see how he would do in the position Alberto plays, but also can't help but think if he plays instead of Alberto it immediately becomes a different tactic.

Don't mean this in a negative way, but Felipe is way more keen on holding onto the ball than Alberto is.

wouldnt worry too much about that, with his long absent and lack of match fitness, FA still could be our supersub and kill merda tired leg in 2nd half

I would worry much if strakosha cant make it

Danish-Laziofan

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2017, 12:11:34 PM »

LLSN wrote in their review of the friendly match today that Strakosha isn't in doubt for the Derby.

Last line:  "Verso il ritorno a Roma Strakosha, che ha abbandonato in anticipo il ritiro della nazionale albanese. Non in dubbio per il derby di sabato prossimo" in this article: http://www.lalaziosiamonoi.it/primo-piano/formello-cinquina-di-nani-in-amichevole-felipe-anderson-mette-benzina-de-vrij-a-riposo-88750
Please, take a minute at www.sslazio.dk . If there are other Scandinavian brothers who want to join, feel free!! We all understand each other anyway.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2017, 12:29:17 PM »

I'd trust LLSN over all the other sources saying he's in 'serious doubt'.

But it wouldn't surprise me if we need to get someone else taking goal kicks or something. If he has a 'muscle fatigue' as described, unless it's just a little stiff or something, it's not going to be healed in a week.

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2017, 01:24:48 PM »

I'm getting really tired of seeing our players get hurt during national team duties...
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

Agent Orange

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2017, 06:40:51 PM »

I'm getting really tired of seeing our players get hurt during national team duties...

Me 2..  :laziostend:
Forza Lazio!

Don

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2017, 06:51:41 PM »

Well, it seems to me also that for this Derby moment a) Felipe isn't that fit enough to take what is needed on a exhausting rwb Position compared to Marusic/Basta and b) FA is also seen as the joker to LA...

I wouldnt write him off rwb Position, as with an in form Ciro, LA, Lulic, SMS he Could be devastating with his runs when hchanging to counter/fast attacks... them together ... :what: :wow: :supsmile:

Last season FA performed very well from there also and was very weak when playing high up front , only getting the pass to him up there on his feet infront of defenders,

not as devastating as running into Space with his speed and tear apart defences like from right wing...

My opinion though.
Don't hate the player, hate the game!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17