Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Serie A : AS Roma - SS Lazio 2-1 , 18/11/2017  (Read 1454 times)

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
Serie A : AS Roma - SS Lazio 2-1 , 18/11/2017
« on: November 18, 2017, 09:37:22 AM »

AS Roma - SS Lazio  2-1

*49' (P) Perotti
*53' Nainggolan (Perotti)
*72' (P) Immobile

subs: Gerson (El Shaarawy), Peres (Florenzi), Jesus (Nainggolan)
subs: Lukaku (Lulic), Nani (Leiva), Patric (Radu)

highlights:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLSx__m940k

positional & situational reports:
https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1225263/MatchReport/Italy-Serie-A-2017-2018-Roma-Lazio
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 08:57:09 PM by LaziAli »

stefano_40

• Aquila Senior
Re: Serie A : AS Roma - SS Lazio 2-1 , 18/11/2017
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 08:13:30 PM »

(Posted over from other match topic)

We lost it in midfield today. SMS was good, but Parolo was visibly exhausted and Leiva just didn't perform.
It was ridiculous to keep playing it out from the back when it was clear that we were second best in midfield, and our tiki taka nonsense and poor passing allowed them too much possession as a result, and the anonymity of the midfield led Nainggolan to waltz through and score.

This one particularly hurts. Particularly against a painfully ordinary Merda performance. And time wasting by OURSELVES in the last two minutes. Ridiculous.
71 min: Finally a goal in this game! It's a scrappy one, but Lazio won't care. Candreva goes down the right of the box and fires a shot at Lobont. He saves the shot put can only push it to Lulic on the other side, who stabs the ball home to give Lazio the lead!!

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 08:15:04 PM »

Bastos can be a beast man on man as we know but the flaws keep existing.
Merda focussed on that well with the rest of their gameplan to play sneaky and with a lot of drama nothing more.  The ref joined in beautifully to complete them.

Last season derby wins they refused to be the underdog, but now they crawled in to that role willingly from the start this time and simply wait for it.  Once in front they had the occassion to take over.
An ugly win of course but a 'smart' one, kind of how i expected them to play seeing them beat Chelsea in Rome in a very similar fashion. 

No mistake in the box and we don't lose today, simple as that. 

:stendrm:             :stendvl:

Secret_Samadhi

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 09:26:56 PM »

It's time to put Lulic on the bench couple of games and give his place to Lukaku.
My worry is how this result will affect Parolo and Ciro, losing two major games in period of couple of days must get in their heads.

Roman_Eagle

• LF Legend
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 11:39:22 PM »

i was sure that trip to chine will have an effect on sms and it did, he wasn't his usual self, i haven't seen a replay of their penalty, but i think it was a bit shady

Akha

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 11:45:43 PM »

That was a clear penalty. Ridiculous btw. Back in the days it used to be Forrest, last year Wallace, tonite Bastos. Disappointing to say the least.
VENI VIDI LULIĆ

Cnon

• LF Legend
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2017, 10:19:26 AM »

At first I thought our players were just tired and that's why we looked out of depth. But when we were 2-0 behind, our players played more like they're used to, more aggressive and attacking. So I think it was tactical choice of Inzaghi to sit deep, play very passive and counter. It looked like Inzaghi was happy to settle with 0-0 score but then certain Bastos happened - two mistakes and two goals. And there was even an incident where Bastos played a bit too rough on De Rossi in the first half where some referees could have given a penalty. I have to say that EDF outplayed Inzaghi clearly. Dzeko won several dangerous headers and our defenders couldn't stop crosses. Especially Kolarov had a great game, together with Nainggolan. Immobile, SMS and especially Luis Alberto looked lost. Our best player was Strakosha, looked really sharp and couldn't do anything to the conceded goals.
It might not be perfect but I can stretch to maybe 75% close to perfect. That's all you get Cathal, 25%  :fingerup:

Roman_Eagle

• LF Legend
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2017, 10:29:48 AM »

That was a clear penalty. Ridiculous btw. Back in the days it used to be Forrest, last year Wallace, tonite Bastos. Disappointing to say the least.

i don't understand how you say that, when there was no replay- not yesterday nor today

https://giphy.com/gifs/3ohjUTW0VuJCbZWSeA/html5

kolarov doesnt seem like a guy whos been tackled from behind

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2017, 10:50:16 AM »

Ciao from Rome  :beer:

We didn't win now but we will win next time and the shits will remain shits forever!

Forzaaaaaaaa  :offlag:

https://pasteboard.co/GUlGSqR.jpg

moody

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2017, 11:12:31 AM »

Physically, SMS, Ciro, Parolo, are not in good shape. Tactically Inzaghi lost, I think he is pushing too many players forward and exposing the midfield, also can hardly link up play. Roma did well by cramming the defense and have some really good wingers attacking our defense. Our goals conceded were stupid but overall we deserve to lose or best deserve a draw.

On individuals, Lukaku is still a monster of speed and dribbling, but Nani is not doing much, and his dribbling is not effective. His creation of penalty was actually a poor cross which causes no danger. Marusic is still only marginally good enough, right side attacks are fewer and he's not active in contribution. He does have glimpses of better moments but overall the RWB position can be improved with other players.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5