Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Serie A : AS Roma - SS Lazio 2-1 , 18/11/2017  (Read 1461 times)

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
Re: Serie A : AS Roma - SS Lazio 2-1 , 18/11/2017
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2017, 11:19:27 AM »

We have a really tough schedule in the next month or so..so where do we go from here?

Imo inzaghi must reflect on the fitness issues yesterday and take action. Our regulars must not play in the last two europa league matches. I would say keep Ciro, sms, Alberto etc off the bench and take a risk with some of the youngsters. I have no issues with losing the last two matches there if it means we get back on track in the serie a

I don't want to panic and start blaming lotito or suggest we need to go crazy in January, but lotito must be considering whether to do business or not already.
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

hamid

• LF Legend
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2017, 11:27:21 AM »

I dont agree that tactically Inzaghi lost to EDF.

Yes, they were more in control of the ball but with no real threat on our goal. But as Inzaghi said in his press conference after the match, the game in the second game was going to open up more, and that was when Lazio could have used it's counter-attack tactic better.

The game was decided by individual errors, and the problem was that we made one mistake more than them.
we breathe LAZIO

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2017, 12:50:26 PM »

Yes, they were more in control of the ball but with no real threat on our goal. But as Inzaghi said in his press conference after the match, the game in the second game was going to open up more, and that was when Lazio could have used it's counter-attack tactic better.

And I struggle to understand how anyone saw it any other way. Both teams were tentative and didn't want to concede anything to the other in the first half. I was glad to get in at half-time at 0-0 because I thought 1927 were beginning to look likely to score and a strong team talk and subs like Lukaku 20 minutes or so into the second half would give us a real chance of turning the tables, going on and winning the game.

But Bastos single-handedly ended our game. I noticed people here during the first half were bigging him up, but I thought he was making a series of bad decisions. In situations where he can track his runner and use his strength to his advantage, he's committing slide tackles. Maybe it was simply pure jinx, but I did say a few weeks ago after Udinese was postponed that I didn't like the idea of Bastos getting three weeks off. It's players like him that need to be in a rhythm. Others clearly were not at it yesterday, but they had the presence of mind to not throw away the game - Bastos is an obvious weak link in our XI.

That said, I don't think Bastos was helped by the fact that Strakosha seemed to be forced into playing short balls because with his thigh problem, I noticed he wasn't kicking any ball properly. And I'm sure EDF was aware of the situation and planned to apply the necessary pressure to force the error. In that sense, you could say EDF outsmarted Inzaghi, but would anyone have liked to see Guerrieri make his debut in the Derby? I think we had to risk Strakosha.

All in all, this was one of our worst performances of the season and if nothing else, at least it will keep feet on the ground. We've a run of semi-difficult league games and if we pick up wins with ease, then I'll begin to wonder if we're a couple of players away from a serious Scudetto push. But should we drop points, I think it's probably time to admit that we're not the team many of us have made ourselves out to be.

blue_sky

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2017, 01:55:23 PM »

EDF who is Inzaghi always struggled to beat during his time in Sasuolo, could it be the reason that EDF is a promising manager ?
I am not trying to be positive with that neighborhood but professionally he also beat Conte who I see as a good Manager

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2017, 02:04:35 PM »

EDF who is Inzaghi always struggled to beat during his time in Sasuolo, could it be the reason that EDF is a promising manager ?

It could be, yes, but it could also be that we are the inferior team in terms of quality, or that they don't have Bastos etc.

There was nothing groundbreaking about the tactics EDF employed and 1927 didn't exactly create brilliant opportunities prior to us gifting them a couple of goals.

Going into this game, my view was simple - play to the best of our ability and we'll win. I just knew, however, after everything that happened in the last couple of weeks that we wouldn't turn in a brilliant display, but I still felt an average display might have been good enough and after 90 minutes, I saw nothing from 1927 to make me think otherwise.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2017, 02:31:18 PM »

And I struggle to understand how anyone saw it any other way. Both teams were tentative and didn't want to concede anything to the other in the first half. I was glad to get in at half-time at 0-0 because I thought 1927 were beginning to look likely to score and a strong team talk and subs like Lukaku 20 minutes or so into the second half would give us a real chance of turning the tables, going on and winning the game.

But Bastos single-handedly ended our game. I noticed people here during the first half were bigging him up, but I thought he was making a series of bad decisions. In situations where he can track his runner and use his strength to his advantage, he's committing slide tackles. Maybe it was simply pure jinx, but I did say a few weeks ago after Udinese was postponed that I didn't like the idea of Bastos getting three weeks off. It's players like him that need to be in a rhythm. Others clearly were not at it yesterday, but they had the presence of mind to not throw away the game - Bastos is an obvious weak link in our XI.

That said, I don't think Bastos was helped by the fact that Strakosha seemed to be forced into playing short balls because with his thigh problem, I noticed he wasn't kicking any ball properly. And I'm sure EDF was aware of the situation and planned to apply the necessary pressure to force the error. In that sense, you could say EDF outsmarted Inzaghi, but would anyone have liked to see Guerrieri make his debut in the Derby? I think we had to risk Strakosha.

All in all, this was one of our worst performances of the season and if nothing else, at least it will keep feet on the ground. We've a run of semi-difficult league games and if we pick up wins with ease, then I'll begin to wonder if we're a couple of players away from a serious Scudetto push. But should we drop points, I think it's probably time to admit that we're not the team many of us have made ourselves out to be.

Clearly not. Again, as was already visable with the 'collapse' against Napoli.  Scudetto challengers, i've never believed in that for a second.  Yes we looked good 1st half against Napoli and beat Juve in Torino but that win (no matter how great it was and still is) had much luck involved on our side. 

We have a team with great spirit, luxuary in some departments qua options.  But no starting lineup of 11 players that can really be more or less flawless for 90min.  Untill we start to see a glimpse of that Lazio cannot be in line for a prize.

moody

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2017, 02:45:30 PM »

It could be, yes, but it could also be that we are the inferior team in terms of quality, or that they don't have Bastos etc.

There was nothing groundbreaking about the tactics EDF employed and 1927 didn't exactly create brilliant opportunities prior to us gifting them a couple of goals.

Going into this game, my view was simple - play to the best of our ability and we'll win. I just knew, however, after everything that happened in the last couple of weeks that we wouldn't turn in a brilliant display, but I still felt an average display might have been good enough and after 90 minutes, I saw nothing from 1927 to make me think otherwise.

Their group defense was really solid, despite Lukaku's runs and other attempts, they are really safe except for the Immobile header. Offside trap is really well placed and effective on stopping our attacks. Side plays also dangerous especially attacking our right when Marusic and Bastos aren't performing well.

We created even less than they did, and our changes were not improving the game except for Lukaku's individual abilities. I don't think Nani is well utilized and Patric was clearly unable to change the game (though it maybe Radu's failing at the end again). Link up play was poor for this match and long balls were not actual threats. This is a game we deserve to lose points.

Delta

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2017, 03:02:11 PM »

It is very simple, we are are 2 good and experienced defenders away from realistic top 3 challenge. Matches like derbies, Napoli, Inter and Juve this team cant afford errors like Bastos, Wallace and others make regularly. Once in a while we get lucky (Juve away) but over long season it is hard to be lucky enough times. Strakosha is still learning too, its obvious how Inter defenders have advantage with very experienced Handanovic behind them.

I hope next derbies Felipe is always ready, he is exactly this extra option we so desperately needed yesterday 2nd half.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 03:07:45 PM by Delta »

Bobbi

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2017, 04:25:56 PM »

A very frustrating game. Neither side was good enough and a draw would have been fairest.

rioma were fortunate as they always are with the referee gifting them the penalty (even if it was a penalty and I'm still 50/50 on it, I still can't understand why he did not review their call given that VAR is available and he took forever to decide if our call should be reviewed or not - useless muppet) and not yellow carding their players when they dove around like swans and actresses. Every time a Lazio player touched them they were on the ground and we got yellow carded on challenges which when they made there was nothing. Every season I think surely the refs in Serie A will stop being bought, but sadly we are proven time and time again. I watched the game with my Newcastle mate and even he was saying that rioma really do get a lot of calls go their way. Ridiculous.

On our side, to be fair we were pretty average. Players like Ciro, Lulic, Luis Alberto, and Parolo were not at their best. Our midfield started out well but we got out ran and taken over. rioma did well to contain us and isolate Ciro and Luis. Bastos had an interesting night. He started off well and was quite solid I thought, but as the game went on he got a bit exposed. I really like the guy and see potential in him but he will need time to develop and become more reliable. I was surprised that Inzaghi started Marusic ahead of Basta in a game like this, also knowing that Bastos needs some support.

In terms of the tactics, some are saying that Inzaghi was outclassed by Di Francesco. I don't believe that. The international break didn't help and us not having a game for 3 weeks was always going to hurt us I know. Both teams were very average, we made one more mistake than they did and that was it. Game over sadly. They celebrated like twats like they always do. Every time I watch a derby I hate rioma more and more.

F*ck it, lets move on, we have Vitesse this week at home and then Fiorentina next weekend. Rest a majority of the first team for the Vitesse game and then play the first XI side to take on Viola on the Sunday. I want to see a big performance and come back.

FORZA LAZIO !

:offlag:

Akha

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2017, 06:05:30 PM »

i don't understand how you say that, when there was no replay- not yesterday nor today

https://giphy.com/gifs/3ohjUTW0VuJCbZWSeA/html5

kolarov doesnt seem like a guy whos been tackled from behind

It was analysed on Sky later on, I did not see any replay of it during the game either.
VENI VIDI LULIĆ
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5