Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Serie A : AS Roma - SS Lazio 2-1 , 18/11/2017  (Read 1453 times)

blue-white

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
Re: Serie A : AS Roma - SS Lazio 2-1 , 18/11/2017
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2017, 04:03:32 PM »

Bastos was him not kicking.

bastos made the long step with his left foot - got out of balance and so he wasn't able to keep his right foot "close to his body". Kolarov touched the right foot of Bastos.
If Bastos would not have made that long step, Kolarov can't touch the right foot of Bastos.

btw ... i didn't see many Lazio players protesting against the penalty...

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2017, 04:17:21 PM »

Bastos was him not kicking.

bastos made the long step with his left foot - got out of balance and so he wasn't able to keep his right foot "close to his body". Kolarov touched the right foot of Bastos.
If Bastos would not have made that long step, Kolarov can't touch the right foot of Bastos.

I know what you mean, but I don't think it changes anything.

btw ... i didn't see many Lazio players protesting against the penalty...

Unless I've missed something, only Lazio fans are arguing it's not a penalty.

blue-white

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2017, 04:21:06 PM »

I know what you mean, but I don't think it changes anything.

It would change that Bastos would not have fouled Kolarov. If he doesn't make that long step, he is able to stand with both legs on the pitch and his right foot would not be that much in the opponent's direction. - the result would be, that Kolarov would not touch the right foot of Bastos.

It's a clear error done of a defender who has choosen the wrong decision to try to get the ball.

Cnon

• LF Legend
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2017, 04:49:39 PM »

You can argue all you want, but Bastos made a clumsy contact on Kolarov who knew that with falling down he would get a penalty for his team. That's what every player should do in that situation and like Cathal has said, Immobile had done so several times this season already. Also Roma wasn't awarded a penalty earlier when they easily could have when Bastos hit De Rossi in the face and used his hands way too much. Roma got a penalty when they should have got at least two and some might even argue three. They deserved to win for sure.
It might not be perfect but I can stretch to maybe 75% close to perfect. That's all you get Cathal, 25%  :fingerup:

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2017, 04:54:54 PM »

They deserved to win for sure.

I actually don't agree with this. I agree that they deserved to get a penalty, but I do not agree with the idea that they played better than us and that they deserved to win. I think a draw would have been a better result. First half was very balanced and we were punished by 2 errors. We reacted well and wend on top of them but we lacked a bit the shape - 3 of our players (Milinkovic, Immobile and Luis Alberto) were at 50%. And still we managed to put them problems. And let's remember how in the last 10 min they used the ball kids to hide the balls from us. I would never say that such a team "deserves to win".
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]