Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: UEFA Europa League: Lazio - Vitesse, Thursday, 23-11-2017  (Read 1427 times)

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
Re: UEFA Europa League: Lazio - Vitesse, Thursday, 23-11-2017
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2017, 10:17:21 AM »

Media appear to believe we won't start any Primavera players, which would force us to play 1-2 starters. Not sure I see any logic in that and hope they're off the mark on that one. It does seem, however, Primavera players will at least make the bench.

edo_shehb

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2017, 10:27:31 AM »

Media appear to believe we won't start any Primavera players, which would force us to play 1-2 starters. Not sure I see any logic in that and hope they're off the mark on that one. It does seem, however, Primavera players will at least make the bench.

my question is can we (legally) do this? (using all primavera=starter or at least more than half) I mean isnt this violate any rules or anyhtin?

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2017, 10:39:55 AM »

my question is can we (legally) do this? (using all primavera=starter or at least more than half) I mean isnt this violate any rules or anyhtin?

In that case, we may get fined as you are required to put out the strongest team available to you.

But we fielded a number of Primavera players in 2010 against Levski Sofia and I don't remember any reprimand from UEFA. I think we'd get away with starting 2-3 Priamvera kids.

Stefano6

• LF Legend
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2017, 11:36:04 AM »

Is that an actual rule, or more of an unwritten "gentlemans agreement"?

I remember years ago, Man Utd and I think also Arsenal were the subject of complaints from other teams because they fielded a complete B or even C team, and teams who were affected by the result complained it wasnt fair because their opponent got an advantage they wouldnt normally have, had Utd fielded their first 11.
I remember Ferguson at the time saying "they are professional footballers under contract with Manchester United, I can field who I please"

Was an official rule put in place because of that?

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2017, 12:11:20 PM »

Is that an actual rule, or more of an unwritten "gentlemans agreement"?

I remember years ago, Man Utd and I think also Arsenal were the subject of complaints from other teams because they fielded a complete B or even C team, and teams who were affected by the result complained it wasnt fair because their opponent got an advantage they wouldnt normally have, had Utd fielded their first 11.
I remember Ferguson at the time saying "they are professional footballers under contract with Manchester United, I can field who I please"

Was an official rule put in place because of that?

The rule has been in place for a very long time, but I think UEFA are more relaxed about it nowadays, probably because with fairly strict squad registrations rules, they have to be. The Premier League have a similar rule and have taken a more relaxed approach themselves since Ian Holloway threatened to leave Blackpool because they were sanctioned for fielding a weakened team.

Sile

• LF Legend
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2017, 12:51:19 PM »

Deosn't matter, Vitesse have no chance of qualifying, and Zulte need to beat Nice to have a chance, which won't happen, so no-one should care who we field today.
If by some miracle Zulte beats Nice today then I'd expect it to be sportsmanlike for us to field a decent team against Zulte in the final round to be fair to Nice.
Bike to work. Work to live. Live to bike.

Danish-Laziofan

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2017, 05:31:10 PM »

Seeing that players like Bastos, Lulic, Marusic and Leiva wasn't called up, then I don't see the biggest problem giving them 60 minutes or so, getting them some match fitness again.

A line-up like this won't surprise me:

Vargic
Patric-Luiz Felipe-Bastos
Basta-Murgia-Leiva-Crecco-Lukaku
Nani
Palombi

Now I'm not sure of the position of Crecco, but he definitely won't get a chance ahead of Lukaku or Basta, as they need to get some match time under their belt. Maybe a system change is underway for this match. Tomorrow we might get some new ideas when the training resumes.
Please, take a minute at www.sslazio.dk . If there are other Scandinavian brothers who want to join, feel free!! We all understand each other anyway.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2017, 05:35:08 PM »

Vargic
Nani
Palombi

That line-up is more than likely on the money if media reports are to be believed.

I'd still like to think that when your two most promising young players are a left centre-back (Armini) and a holding midfielder (Miceli) - and that's where you lack depth to rotate between games - that you'd give them an opportunity. Especially when you went to the effort of registering them back in August.

Unless Inzaghi is committed to not giving young players chances until they are ready, I can't see why he wouldn't.

Danish-Laziofan

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2017, 05:40:43 PM »

Vargic
Nani
Palombi

That line-up is more than likely on the money if media reports are to be believed.

I'd still like to think that when your two most promising young players are a left centre-back (Armini) and a holding midfielder (Miceli) - and that's where you lack depth to rotate between games - that you'd give them an opportunity. Especially when you went to the effort of registering them back in August.

Unless Inzaghi is committed to not giving young players chances until they are ready, I can't see why he wouldn't.

Yeah, I get your point. But don't you think it's a good idea to give Bastos some minutes to 1) boost his confidence and 2) get in the match rhythm after many days of not playing?

If it's Miceli or Leiva to start only tells me what Inzaghi wants of the game. Let Miceli play and give him some experience and hope for the future and Inzaghi doesn't care too much of the result. Let Leiva play, give him some match fitness and Inzaghi wants a new victory.
Please, take a minute at www.sslazio.dk . If there are other Scandinavian brothers who want to join, feel free!! We all understand each other anyway.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2017, 06:01:24 PM »

Yeah, I get your point. But don't you think it's a good idea to give Bastos some minutes to 1) boost his confidence and 2) get in the match rhythm after many days of not playing?

It could be a good idea, but it could also backfire - our makeshift team could lose causing a further loss in confidence and then he could end up in bad physical shape for Fiorentina. It's a judgement call.

But I worry about us moving forward after that Derby defeat and I think giving others an opportunity and giving our best players some time to reflect might be exactly what's needed.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7