Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Europa League : SS Lazio - Vitesse Arnhem 1-1 , 23/11/2017  (Read 565 times)

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
Re: Europa League : SS Lazio - Vitesse Arnhem 1-1 , 23/11/2017
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2017, 11:56:03 PM »

I'm confused. Luiz Felipe made mistakes in the first half that against a serious team, could've resulted in goals. His tackle on the free that led to the goal was idiotic and the kind of tackle you often see red cards brandished for. Every challenge he put in tonight - including the successful ones - were careless. Yet it seems only Evesto and myself saw this!

I thought Murgia was flawless tonight. Very easy to say it's only Vitesse, but when you're talking about a player who still has to prove he's at this level, it was still a hugely encouraging performance. If Patric didn't also out in a good display, this would've been one of the easiest man of the match polls you could get.

valdanito

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2017, 12:30:43 AM »

Have to agree with Cathal and Evesto on Luiz Felipe. Espn spanish commentators were all over him for his wreckless and uneccesary agression, soemtimes borderline stupid. Also lost is feet in the first half which resulted on a shot just wide by Vitesse.

I think Palombi did ok, had he scored that goal on the Luis Alberto backheel we would all be praising his movement during the match.

Very dissapointed with both Crecco and Lukaku, they did not make the most of their chance today.

Basta despite the asist really looks far away from match fit and Nani looked completely out of it.

Not much can be read into this match but our second team really needs to improve.

Interesting post by SMS on instagram regarding the poor attendance. I know we were expecting low numbers but that was just embarassing.
FORZA LAZIO!

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2017, 12:50:39 AM »

I don't see him posting about it, did he delete it

And yeah I don't remember the last time the stadium was this empty, apart from after stadium bans
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2017, 01:23:43 AM »

I'm confused. Luiz Felipe made mistakes in the first half that against a serious team, could've resulted in goals. His tackle on the free that led to the goal was idiotic and the kind of tackle you often see red cards brandished for. Every challenge he put in tonight - including the successful ones - were careless. Yet it seems only Evesto and myself saw this!

I thought Murgia was flawless tonight. Very easy to say it's only Vitesse, but when you're talking about a player who still has to prove he's at this level, it was still a hugely encouraging performance. If Patric didn't also out in a good display, this would've been one of the easiest man of the match polls you could get.

Yes, Patric & Murgia were more on less on par for me regarding MOTM.  Don't think any others have the right to claim it.  Alberto scored a great goal and again had some awsome moves but his global preformance wasn't that great tonight.  Patric was extremely lively and motivated for a game like this and Murgia was all heart, solid an dependable.  When he moved to the DM spot the game became more balanced, probably saved our asses tonight.

Luiz Felipe kind of fell trough for me.  He looked decent enough previously but now with some exposure towards upcoming attackers it was very different.  A lot of gametime in Salerno might indeed be the right option for him.

Very dissapointed with both Crecco and Lukaku, they did not make the most of their chance today.

I don't think Crecco simply had anything more to offer honestly.  Lukaku just showed his limitations.  Lively and good controls, dribbels but nothing usefull.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2017, 09:47:22 AM »

I don't see him posting about it, did he delete it

And yeah I don't remember the last time the stadium was this empty, apart from after stadium bans

It was a video of the empty stands in his story with the comment that's it's not so nice to see.

Given we lost the Derby courtesy of a fairly woeful performance and this was a meaningless game played at a time when most Romans are just done with work for the day, I'm impressed anyone turned up. Most people chose not to give that a watch, be it regular stadium attendees or our own forum members.

SMS probably felt well placed to comment given he wasn't in the squad and probably made the choice to go watch which is admirable, but our fanbase isn't made up of millionaire footballers.

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2017, 09:56:31 AM »

I really don't see what Patric did so well. He missed a lot of passes, he was always out of sync with the rest. I agree with you guys on Murgia, but Patric? Really? I thought he was one of the worse on the field. Luiz Felipe had 2 great interventions and was showing signs of development. He looked decent enough in a basically 2 men defense (only him and Bastos were actually playing as defenders).

What is for me a bit worrying is that our second team is basically on par with an average Eredivisie side. I think Juve or Napoli would have beaten them easily with the second team - that's the difference.

blue-white

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2017, 10:11:45 AM »

I didn't watch the game, because in Austria i couldn't find a channel which showed it... :um_face:

to the second teams of Juve and Napoli ... first - their budget is another one, right? And second - i don't believe that they would have been better. They may have 2-3 better bench players, but after them ... they have player which never play too. A Tonelli is not better than Patric at the moment for example. Same goes for someone like Howedes.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2017, 10:12:29 AM »

I really don't see what Patric did so well. He missed a lot of passes, he was always out of sync with the rest. I agree with you guys on Murgia, but Patric? Really? I thought he was one of the worse on the field.

Patric completed more long balls than anyone else bar Murgia and had a better success rate with those, and he had the second highest pass completion rate overall, behind Bastos who completed the most passes which as per usual, were straight to the nearest player. Patric took it upon himself to try and create at times and I think he did as good a job as anyone at stretching Vitesse. Defensively, I thought he was our best player back there by quite some distance and literally counted one error in the 90 minutes. You're saying he's not in sync with the others - could it be that Luiz Felipe and Bastos were all over the place? Because that's usually the case.

But really, it's about how poor others were. You can praise Luiz Felipe for two great interventions, but what about the mistake that led to the goal and the others that would've been fatal against better opposition? Luis Alberto is winning this poll despite the fact he only played a percentage of the game and Inzaghi had to change tactics after about 15 minutes because Luis Alberto made three huge errors that led to Vitesse opportunities. Whoscored have Lukaku as man of the match but it was clear from where I was sitting that the young reserve Vitesse right-back had him in his pocket for the entire game and and when they subbed him out and went more offensive, Vitesse were suddenly having some late joy getting in behind Jordan and looked more likely to win the game at that point.

For me, Murgia and Patric were the only two players who turned up last night that had any sort of positive impact on the game. Palombi had a good game but his teammates couldn't get him in it. Luis Alberto was effective once played in his position. Basta was full of endeavour. But there's not much else positive to say.

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2017, 01:20:39 PM »

I dont know. Watching the game it seems to me that he was not really spectacular. I mean the fact that he completed long balls is not really the best performance indicator. He was hitting every ball like a rocket towards the front. The commentator described him as careless and inexperienced...Anyway, as you say - that's not much positive in this game - except, I would add, the action of Palombi's chance - that was a well worked and almost perfectly executed move.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2017, 01:48:24 PM »

I dont know. Watching the game it seems to me that he was not really spectacular. I mean the fact that he completed long balls is not really the best performance indicator.

You're not wrong, but when we concede a goal because one defender studded an opposition player high on the leg on the edge of the box and the other defender ducked under the resulting free-kick to ensure Vargic had no chance, you end up with unspectacular Patric being one of the best players in the game. Especially when no one was doing anything useful up the other end either. The second half was a training exercise.

I'm not arguing that Patric put in a super performance, but that he was one of 2-3 players who could go into that dressing room and feel ok about how he played.
Pages: 1 [2] 3