Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Serie A : UC Sampdoria - SS Lazio 1-2 , 03/12/2017  (Read 1123 times)

Boksic

• Aquila Senior
Re: Serie A : UC Sampdoria - SS Lazio 1-2 , 03/12/2017
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2017, 12:56:29 AM »

Strange game, it did feel like it was going past us for the majority of it. We were 2nd best for a good stretch of the game. We really couldn't get past Berezynski so our left hand side was contained any cross we threw was dealt by Silvestre so it did seem like they had us figured out. Alberto wasn't at his best and was average throughout bu then without him the comback wouldnt have been possible. His freekick resulted in the first goal and he started a few good counters with his speed late on which Samp couldnt handle. Lady luck smiled at us in the end. Deserved after the Florentia match.

Hadi Van Der Vaart

• LF Legend
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2017, 01:19:14 AM »

Just watched Caicedo's goal again n wondered where was he at that time! But no matter how hard you ignore it, what destined for you will always come for you.
Players come and go, but my Lazio is still eternal.
A ROMA LA LAZIO C'E SOLO LA LAZIO!!! FORZA LAZIO!!!

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2017, 01:23:03 AM »

Great come back.
 We should finish the match in first half : Parolo two headers,Alberto blowed twice, Marusic,Lulic voley.
 We cant blame only Bastos fir the goal, Radu was also out of position(Bastos have his part of guilty).
 SMS follow the ball and scored for 1-1...enough time for second one. Ciro was marked well but atleast asist for Caicedo who realy needed this goal after last week incident.
Motm - Sms....

edo_shehb

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2017, 03:44:07 AM »

Strange game, it did feel like it was going past us for the majority of it. We were 2nd best for a good stretch of the game. We really couldn't get past Berezynski so our left hand side was contained any cross we threw was dealt by Silvestre so it did seem like they had us figured out. Alberto wasn't at his best and was average throughout bu then without him the comback wouldnt have been possible. His freekick resulted in the first goal and he started a few good counters with his speed late on which Samp couldnt handle. Lady luck smiled at us in the end. Deserved after the Florentia match.

I agree this Berezynski dude kill our left attack again and again (tare can we get him?), but saying Samp have the upper hand most of the game is too much, we have better chance and keep them under control, except that moment when our defence is takin a quick nap, of course  :beer:

Ramone

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2017, 04:21:10 AM »

One person voted Bastos. Either he is clueless or he was making some jokes here.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2017, 06:37:28 AM »

Not much to add to what has already been said. Better performance than against 1927 and Fiorentina but not the kind of swashbuckling display we'd become accustomed to. Some players have lost their form but a win is a win - they all count though, and these are three precious points.

Regarding Bastos, it's interesting to read why people blame him for the goal because it sounds like he's at fault because he let Quagliarella get on the end of it, but it's not like Lazio had won 100% of all aerial balls in our penalty box up to that moment. The real question is how the hell did he find himself in that position in the first place because if Bastos had a legitimate reason to be where he was, that goal is largely on de Vrij for not adapting to the situation.

Ultimately it doesn't matter with regard to Bastos as the evidence to suggest he struggles in his reading of the game has mounted up and is conclusive, but it's a little unusual of de Vrij to ignore what's going on around him and make a fatal play.

Boksic

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2017, 07:11:56 AM »

I agree this Berezynski dude kill our left attack again and again (tare can we get him?), but saying Samp have the upper hand most of the game is too much, we have better chance and keep them under control, except that moment when our defence is takin a quick nap, of course  :beer:

That's the feeling I got, Samp had us covered and looking comfortable. They were building play and creating chances whilst we were finding it difficult stringing 4 passes together in the middle without being pressured into a mistake. Apart from the few clear cut chances, we didnt create much on the other hand I felt Samp where threatining more consisitantly.

stefano_40

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2017, 08:56:30 AM »

Agree with you all but did people not think that Sergej was largely frustrating right up until the final 15 minutes?
Silly flicks, dragbacks, backheels and tricks that ultimately ending up with the opposition. If he'd have just passed them, then we still would have had possession. Genuinely found myself shouting at him on the screen an awful lot. Still got my vote for those final 15.

Another thing I noticed in the last two games was our midfield seems non existent at times. Our distribution from the back was launched into midfield many times, and it honestly just seemed like there was nobody there a lot of the time? The way our midfield closed down the opposition was one of our key assets pre international break. A break for Parolo soon wouldn't be the worst idea.

Of course, big positives should be taken from the game, but there are still some fundamentals that need working on.
71 min: Finally a goal in this game! It's a scrappy one, but Lazio won't care. Candreva goes down the right of the box and fires a shot at Lobont. He saves the shot put can only push it to Lulic on the other side, who stabs the ball home to give Lazio the lead!!

Dakiller961

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2017, 08:59:26 AM »

There is a lot of negativity on this forum and I am kind of disappointed with most analysis.
Last week I did not watch the Fiorentina game and relied on the forum, this week I am kind of lost of what really happened last week since most analysis is very off the reality of the match.

We played in Marassi where no other team till Date got even one point. this should be the Starting point of any post match Analysis
then we were on the back foot for the first 25 min but after that we never looked back and dominated. this is only explained by the fact that we let them play and have possession the first 25 min and let them run out of fuel. When they were near empty, the difference in class, individuality and determination was clear for the eye to see.
we had possession and attacking play all in our favor, and we should have been 1-0 up before halftime.
2nd Half it was the continuation of the first if it wasn't for Devrij error and bastos's mistake
equalizer came from a set piece, but the second was pure masterclass from SMS and it really should have came earlier as we were pounding the sampdoria half with men

The only downside from this game is Lulic. Inzaghi keeps giving him chance after chance but it is clear that he is no longer 1st team material. in the first 25 mins it was like he was in sampdoria's team. he couldn't even get a clearance... cleared !

In any other season we would be top 2 in serie A. Forza Lazio :Esflag:

Crni Đorđe

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2017, 09:06:46 AM »

Actually, I think that Parolo-twins were vital last night. and worked his socks off to be whenever ball is. He perhaps could do better with one header in first half, but resurrected yesterday, finally.

After Leiva exit, he was everywhere, both ahead of defense and running forward into the box. Together with SMS, two match winners.
sky blue is the color
eagle and shield are symbols...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6